Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sheehan takes blame for Harris howler

Rookie
    vCash
    robyn I think you are right about Sam Harris. His defence was pretty good and he looked alot better at 12 getting the Force on the front foot and with the arrival of the 10 from japan and Bartholomeuz returning soon as well, he can move back to 12 where I'm sure he will play alot better.
    GIG20 I mentioned the scrum penalties because I think they played a huge part in the game, how can you be penalised 4 times on your feed, and they were all in good positions on the field.
    With the return of Staniforth and the guy from Japan hopefully that will make abit of a difference.
    I've got to mentioned I was reasonably happy with the application of the team against the Hurricanes with missed one on one tackles (eg Tatupu's attempt) being the main problem. Tatupu seems to get lost alot in defence.
    I was happy Haylett Petty's game, gotta say Hunt looks very small, he neds to baulk up abit I reckon.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

sorry about the heart, it should read robyn

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

whats going on with the hearts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    jjk and Robyn, sitting in a tree...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    everybody loves robyn

<3 =

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    GIG20 I mentioned the scrum penalties because I think they played a huge part in the game, how can you be penalised 4 times on your feed, and they were all in good positions on the field.
    I was trying to say it's pretty easy to get penalised at random times when the ref has such a bass ackward way of calling. I'm sure that most of it (even dunning's touchy-feely problems) was the call being so ridiculous.

Dunning's obviously used to a call which is pretty much crouchtouch. I would have to say, he needs to grow a brain and start getting on the right side of the refs, but I can understand his problems (at least initially)

It seems to me that Vinny Munro looked at the tape of the Brumbies match and decided he was goiing to call the Force for this and that and the Canes for this and that......IMHO not a very good way to approach the game!

I can overlook scrum penalties in an inexperienced pack when the ref's being a dick about it is all I'm saying!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He said as much (watching the video's) in his pre-match interview and at the time that really surprised me.
    I can see an argument for Ref's doing some homework on their next team but it seemed the way he said it that he was really going to be hammering past indiscretions rather than Reffing what was in front of him.
    Now you could argue the two should be one however, if he has already got an impression in his mind then it is only human to be sympathetic to the other team on a given 50-50 call.
    I wasn't too impressed when I heard him say it that's for sure, and that was pre-match. I actually forgot about it until you mentioned it then Gigs.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Harris is much better when he doesn't kick the ball, and lets JOC do the playmaking. Good defender though, will be a useful run on centre when we get our backs back to full strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    ive been seen as a Tatupu basher in the past but i actually thought he had a better game this week.. yes he flopped on a hugely important tackle but for the rest of the game he made plenty more of those and made plenty of yards and broke quite a few tackles.. it was 100% better than week1
    Harris however was anonymous and his attempted high ball was hilarious it frikken went back 20metres! I feel for him but seriously even Hunt made more impact coming on in the last 10mins than he had in the whole game.
    Zim, as you probably worked out, I am a big fan of Tatupu (I'm the only other rugby coach he ever had) and he is a friend. I have been careful not to let this cloud the way I view things (not always successfully). In the big scheme of things he may never get a opportunity that the injuries to the others has given him. The next few weeks will show if he is up to S14 or not. I hope he is.
    The tackle he missed was one he shouldn't have had to make. 3 on 2 and he came in and got left standing. I agree with you it appeared that he wanted to be more involved this week. Probably could have got a 2nd try if the ball was in front of him.
    Sadly I can't see Harris ever being a 10, I just hope playing there does screw his 12 game.
    Hunt is one of those guys who looks like he's on speed, like the Energiser Bunny. Hill, if fit, will serve well until about 65 mins then the likes of Hunt can weave their magic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    everybody loves robyn

<3 =
    I try my best *chuckles*

I think Harris could turn into something quite useful in our backline. A little elbow grease and some self confidence won't go astray, mind.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I try my best *chuckles*

I think Harris could turn into something quite useful in our backline. A little elbow grease and some self confidence won't go astray, mind.
    and some accurate kicking

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    His defence/ tackling is the goods

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Senior Player
    vCash
    I thought Hunt did really well in the brief time he was on.

Was the ref a Kiwi? Have neutral refs gone out the window?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Re neutral Refs Bee Jay, yes they stopped last season.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2