Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Commit now ads

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Boys, where's your SOH? The ad's great
    Note the location (Chisel excepted) on most of the detractors in this thread and you'll have a better appreciation of the SOH query!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Interpreting visual communication is very interesting. Fully understanding what the visual message presented essential to evaluating if the message is successful.

Great communication is when the core message and the visual message work together... and in advertising build the brands credibility

While this “Commit ad” idea is funny it has presented the Force players as individuals and not a team…and in doing so has failed to recognized where the Force is at in its current public profile.

The visual message is of players individually isolated which fails to present the team as united together. This is the wrong visual queue for the Force at the present time... Think about it, there hasn't been enough thought put into what the message should be now…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    these ads are appealing to who and showing what.... not good doesn’t get your blood pumping its just taking the piss out of themselves...
    these adds miss their target ordinance…
    misfire.......
    hehe - whilst I enjoyed the juxtaposition of 'ordinance' with 'misfire', I suspect you meant 'audience'.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper
    ...This is the wrong visual queue for the Force at the present time...
    ...and 'cue'? unless you meant the queues of fans turned away from ME stadium the other week...

Anyhoo... I wasn't at the meeting where the ads were planned, so I don't know for sure who the target audience was, but since the straight men I know seem to think the ads are a hoot, and the straight women I know agree, and also find them just a wee bit hot, that seems to cover a fair section of the population.
    I haven't met any non-rugby fans in Perth yet, nor as far as I'm aware do I know any lesbians or gay men (I only moved here in January, give me time!) but when I do, I shall canvass their opinion and get back to you.

As for team unity - they're all wearing their Force gear, and I'd be surprised if some of the rest of the lads weren't behind the camera trying to make whoever was being filmed crack up.

Seriously though - we know they're a team. We don't need to see them together in an ad to know that. This ad is directed at making us realise a team is made up of people, and those people want a good crowd turning up and supporting them. It is deliberately trying to make the relationship more personal - as I've ranted on about elsewhere on this forum, it's not just about results, it's about turning up week in, week out, and supporting the guys who are on the pitch.

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash

Go The Force!

vCash
    Em-Forcer.... Its a good time to reaffirm the message we're a team... his "Commit Ad" is asking for the viewer to commit to the team a but has presented its self as the viewer committing to the individual... Will it bring new members to commit?

Good advertising is also about good timing on message….this fails 5/10 for effort…thats 1 point for each player shown...

The ads funny but doesn't sell the team that’s all... The Force have an exciting team why not capitalise on that point?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The ad was originally released as an internet only ad - a kind of viral marketing intended to get people talking about Western Force and have a bit of a laugh also.

It has done this exceptionally well - this thread and others is the proof of that. So well that it has been subsequently shown on SBS also it would seem.

Other Western Force ads depict the game and the team - it's all part of a whole marketing package and dissecting an individual part of it in isolation doesn't really mean much...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Other Western Force ads depict the game and the team - it's all part of a whole marketing package and dissecting an individual part of it in isolation doesn't really mean much...
    Unless you underlying intention is to be anti-Force about everything.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I'd be interested to know how many people have rushed to sign up after seeing this stuff,if its not many then what a waste of money.

I'd prefer to see an ad that contained the highlights of the top ten WF tries from previous seasons in order to see what the team is capable before I splash out on membership.

That type of visual comunication would be real easy to interpret

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Em-Forcer View Post
    ..... I'd be surprised if some of the rest of the lads weren't behind the camera trying to make whoever was being filmed crack up.
    I reckon they succeeded with Crossy! I'd guess he had a line, couldn't deliver it and the director gave up!

I think we're all over-analysing it. i can't see that it would have cost a mint to make (all the "acting" was free). Sometimes the point of advertising is only to get noticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    ISometimes the point of advertising is only to get noticed.
    Exactly. The ad doesn't have to be good to get noticed, really bad and cheesy ad's get talked about just as much as good ad's

vCash
    So can we see the real force team ad, please post...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The ads funny but doesn't sell the team that’s all... The
    I'd have to disagree, based on the location factor. The media here is saturated with self-absorbed, self-important dickheads talking themselves up - we usually call it Aussie Rules, although cricket sometimes has a go as well. Ads showing a team and sport that has a sense of humour and the ability to even mock itself is refreshing to say the very least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I'd have to disagree, based on the location factor. The media here is saturated with self-absorbed, self-important dickheads talking themselves up - we usually call it Aussie Rules, although cricket sometimes has a go as well. Ads showing a team and sport that has a sense of humour and the ability to even mock itself is refreshing to say the very least.
    Still doesn't sell the team... however I take your point about other codes...

vCash
    Still doesn't sell the team... however I take your point about other codes...
    yes it does it get the Brand name out there, which in any advertising campaign is the main objective

vCash
    So alot of folks think they could do it better ... why not have our own TWF ad competition?

I'm sure I would at least be fun!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast