Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies team to play South Africa #2 named

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Sharpie was toilet against Samoa and is lucky to get another crack. This could be his last chance.
    Sharpie played the best game of all the Wallabies forwards against Samoa.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Sharpie freshly waxed will be as slippery as sin...

vCash
    This Bok team can very well be one of the most experienced teams to play the Wallabies in a long time. I hope the Wallabies can keep their cool and that Cooper do not experience any brain farts because they will be costly. higginbotham will have to make sure Butch James can't get to Cooper or we might have a headless first five

15 Francois Steyn (42), 14 JP Pietersen (36), 13 Jaque Fourie (62), 12 Jean de Villiers (67), 11 Bryan Habana (68), 10 Butch James (40), 9 Fourie du Preez (55), 8 Pierre Spies (40), 7 Danie Rossouw (56), 6 Heinrich Brussouw (13), 5 Victor Matfield (105), 4 Bakkies Botha (72), 3 Jannie du Plessis (24), 2 John Smit (captain, 104), 1 Tendai Mtawarira (26)

Replacements
    16 Bismarck du Plessis (36), 17 Gurthrö Steenkamp (31), 18 Gerhard Mostert (1), 19 Jean Deysel (3), 20 Francois Hougaard (8), 21 Morne Steyn (27), 22 Gio Aplon (14)

Read more: http://www.southafrica.info/news/spo...#ixzz1UojCxCKB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    higginbotham will have to make sure Butch James can't get to Cooper or we might have a headless first five
    To my mind James is selected for that reason. Morne Steyne has been down a little on form but I would have thought his combination with Du Preez would still see him starting. Hope that annoying pratt with the whistle knows what a late shoulder charge looks like. And a coat hanger too for that matter.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Very strong team - still praying for a game I can bear to watch

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    I’ve seen a few previews and betting on the match backing the Boks, with the experience coming in, to beat the Wallabies tonight. Lets hope they're wrong.

Go The Force!

vCash
    The Bokke pack, as always is monstrous, tough and intimidating.

I feel many of their backline players have peaked and are on their way out

Fourie de Preez is a class act and signals a 9 man rugby tactic coming up that was so successful for them in 2007/2008/09

I've never rated Butch james. This selection is puzzling to me

De Villiers has been a class act. I wonder whether he has just lost a yard of pace? The selection of McCabe should help him. mccabe has the acceleration of Rex's mum and telegraphs the slow jog/hit up by tucking it under the arm. watch the bokke rush defence smash him all night behind the ad line. Hopefully, Cooper has more brains than Gits and may use other options. Mccabe is shite for the record.

Fourie.......I've never rated this bloke but he scores tries. You can't argue with results.

Habana is yesterdays man

If we can perform well at the set piece and give Cooperoptions inside and out, we'll carve up. I'd like to see Rooky Jetsom and Flotsam stand on the inside of Cooper and give him the option of an inside runner rather than standing on the wing and farking up scoring opportunities with his hamstrung hamstrings. He's down on pace, power and impact as well as being too unfit for test rugby. Elsom is past it. Cull now while the RWC and Tri nations are still possible. If Deans persists with him and we don't win the Tri nations and RWC which this team is capable of, Deans' head must roll ( and I have been his biggest fan). I have not been happy with the selections and the rotation of inexperienced players eg last week when the Bledisloe cup was on the line. That test was NOT a test for experimentation but a MUST WIN. The tactics were toilet and the repetitive no-brainers like short kick offs smacked of a school-boy level coach. dead set it was embarrasing for the management

Dead set

I was astonished

I was angry

I am seething still

Wallabies with a BP

Rex

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post

I've never rated Butch james. This selection is puzzling to me
    I'm sus about that selection. He's gotta get his hands on him first, but I reckon De Villiers is hoping he can intimidate Cooper early. If he can take him out that'll be seen as a bonus. Let's be honest - Butch James is a pretty expendable option at 10 and it wouldn't be the first time he's gone the cheap shot.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Boks don't have a flyhalf they rate at the moment... Let them make their own mistakes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2