Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Answers to the exodus

vCash
    If you're sincerely looking for “Answers to stop the player exodus”.... The Force in reality needs to reinvent its self post 2009... If this can't be done by a marquee signing I would recommend looking for a new Coach... This message will give the Force fresh appeal to potential players and established... This might not be popular but it has to be seriously considered…

It’s important to remember, Talent is not as rare as opportunity…... the talent is out there... The Force just needs to gain their trust…

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think we've made our best moves with the fringes, and undeveloped talent. Look at Bam, he was a junior when we signed him. We developed him, he's pretty much ours...That mightn't stop him gettign poached, but he'll repay the loyalty. I want more of that. Shep, the same....maybe we need to look at the quality of the man before giving spots to gouys who aren't getting game time.....Maybe we need to start looking in our own backyard earlier than is wise and put up with some lean seasons
    Unfortunately there are too many "fair weather fans" out there that will only back a "winning" team...we need the bums on seats to keep us going. Therefore I reckon we need a couple at least of "audience pullers" to keep us alive....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I would recommend looking for a new Coach...

It’s important to remember, Talent is not as rare as opportunity…... the talent is out there... The Force just needs to gain their trust…
    Why would you get rid of a coach who has brought through as much talent as Mitchell if your second statement is correct? Most of the ones he's developed seem to be staying so far. The exodus is mainly older players and the Firepower losers.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Why would you get rid of a coach who has brought through as much talent as Mitchell if your second statement is correct? Most of the ones he's developed seem to be staying so far. The exodus is mainly older players and the Firepower losers.
    If he continues to bring in good new talent in, then leave things as is... if things stall and numbers of quality players don't come to the Force... then its got to be on the cards...

vCash
    He was here when Fairbrother signed!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    A wishful thinking[URL="http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=21623"] this thread looks and smells like bullshit.
    Why so?
    Perhaps I should have said if Valentine leaves?

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    He was here when Fairbrother signed!
    Fairbrother is a good signing and backed by Deans which is great for the Force... But more is needed... forwards and backs...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    Why so?
    Perhaps I should have said if Valentine leaves?
    Asked and answered your own question.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    What you need is a professional enviroment where the players are happy and well looked after.You also need a happy team environment,where everybody gets along.

The lifestyle in Perth is also an attraction,but I still think that you need a strong support crew and strong management team that will give the players confidence to stick around.

Player
    vCash
    Getting back to the possibility of Valentine potentially signing with the Brumbies, there is no way the they could hope to hold onto him, Holmes and Phibbs surely....

As Mudskipper suggested, perhaps Phibbs might go North for $. What is Holmes' situation? I'm sure he's not been happy about sharing the 9 role this year, and would be especially unhappy to be relieved of it by an incoming Vanlentine. He moved there on the back of his outstanding ARC (sigh) form and I think expected to be the regular starting 9- he's an excellent young talent, and already not in his home town I think in ACT. Force option?

Rookie
    vCash
    I think you'll find Holmes will be cut and Phibbs kept, if Phibbs decides playing 2nd string S14 is more attractive than big $ [ his form has also been better 2009] . I know that the Brumbies have withdrawn a recent offer to Josh and I don't think he's keen to be on the bench anyway and is weighing up his options.A lot of the deck chair shuffling will depend on what Sheehan does, any of these guys can earn better $ overseas and father time is catching up with a couple of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyM View Post
    Getting back to the possibility of Valentine potentially signing with the Brumbies, there is no way the they could hope to hold onto him, Holmes and Phibbs surely....

As Mudskipper suggested, perhaps Phibbs might go North for $. What is Holmes' situation? I'm sure he's not been happy about sharing the 9 role this year, and would be especially unhappy to be relieved of it by an incoming Vanlentine. He moved there on the back of his outstanding ARC (sigh) form and I think expected to be the regular starting 9- he's an excellent young talent, and already not in his home town I think in ACT. Force option?
    Holmes is talent just hasn't delivered yet... I hope he stays at the Brumbies... But he may go, Friend isn't just going to give him the 9 jersey, he has to compete for it... He has had more starts than Phibbs but mostly they've played about 50/30 ratio....

I think Holmes would click with Giteau...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    If you're sincerely looking for “Answers to stop the player exodus”.... The Force in reality needs to reinvent its self post 2009... If this can't be done by a marquee signing I would recommend looking for a new Coach... This message will give the Force fresh appeal to potential players and established... This might not be popular but it has to be seriously considered…

hard not to agree with that statement 'skipper, i asked the question months ago about the relationship JM has with the players, in relation to senior players wanting to move on, start afresh next season new coach, new stadium, new team.....

vCash
    Could Josh Holmes come to Perth? He has family here, he would be getting regular game time (hopefully competing every week with CO'Y to ensure we have the most in form scrummie each week) and he has the chance to develop and flourish. We should make a move on getting him while he's young (he's 22). Phibbs has 6 years on Holmes and Sheehan has 8 years. We want a young scrummie whose head is screwed on right but still has his best years in front of him.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    we had one of them in James Stannard - but his contract wasn't renewed by the Force and he was apparently picked up by the Brumbies (not that you'd know it with the amount of game time he had)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast