Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ecky's referees excuse thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    you did well in the 2nd grade game today Ecky
    brave call in the last scrum of the game
    Brave? What? Brave as in "Yes Minister" brave?

Now I'll have to have a look at the DVD and see what ye is on about........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    its a bit harsh to ask for eckys comment on the game, as he never officiated it! ......
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it was a free kick for a foot up or early strike,I couldnt see your signal clearly from where i was on the sideline
    not withstanding that,i was suprised perth werent positioning themselves for a dropgoal from that scrum

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    right. so all my blue & black teams won, despite the refs/umpires desperately trying to help out the opposition with f*c...i mean awful calls? excellent. a relieved day all round.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Ecky, I'd appreciate your comments on Mr Leckie's performance, because I saw a lot I didn't like, not all of it 'Tahs way but a good majority was.

The ref seemed to persist in calling the tackler for getting hands on the ball and lifting, but not letting go once the cleanout arrives. My understanding was always once you got the ball off the ground it was yours (or it was holding on) players were penalised repeatedly from both sides for this, particularly David Pocock (I guess most noticeable because he's quick at the ball and gets more than his fare share out)

Robyn, I saw the Phil Waugh entry, but by that stage was convinced the ref had decided that the 'Tahs were playing perfect rugby and we were all entering from the wrong side.

One forward pass each called in error, a high tackle or two that didn't exist, in general a whole bunch of little things that added up to a pretty crappy 'look at me' game from the Ref. I'd be keen to see the number of stoppages.

C'mon the

vCash
    So Leckie in this game competed with Goddard from the Crusaders v Highlanders (?) game for 2009 crappiest refereeing performance award?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    So Leckie in this game competed with Goddard from the Crusaders v Highlanders (?) game for 2009 crappiest refereeing performance award?
    I think that you mean the canes vs bulls.Good on the force for keeping composure.I sure hope we dont get this clown again.He had far too much negative influence on the game.And the commentators were just as bad,Kearns could find something positive about every negative thing the tahs did.Even at half time he said the tahs deserved their lead even though they had way less possession and territory.
    Lucky for the tahs fans that this was their last home game.22,000 was not great for a game like this.

vCash
    The other interesting thing about the commentary was that all our tryscorers had some association with the Tahs - either ex player or they had a cuddle with Tahman, the bias was unbelievable and is now making it difficult to listen to the commentary.

It also looked like Kafer had been set up to look proforce, He said the Force by one and he was spot on but the words didn't drop out of his mouth. The Tah fans will be really upset this morning they really didn't see this coming.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Mmm i quite liked the 'ex-Tah' references. "Scored by ex-Tah Cameron Shepherd".....yes....after that game, we clearly see why he is an ex Tah

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Mmm i quite liked the 'ex-Tah' references. "Scored by ex-Tah Cameron Shepherd".....yes....after that game, we clearly see why he is an ex Tah
    Yeah, there was a lot of that in the commentary. It sounded sad and desperate.
    I wonder if their producer was cringing.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    The commentators were pathetic last night. I was amazed that even they said some calls against the force were wrong! I can't believe Kearnsie of all people was ABLE to say 'that call that got the Tahs 3 points was wrong'.

Anyone notice how Canno wasn't asked to commentate that match? Coincidence... I think not!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    <Newspaper sales kid> "Ex-Tah! Ex-Tah! Read all about it! Western Firepower downs home team! Ex-Tah!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by es1988 View Post
    There was some shocking calls tonight. i couldnt believe some of the stuff he called!!!
    He is a New South Welshman is he not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I sure hope we dont get this clown again.He had far too much negative influence on the game.
    We've had him before, he did the same thing to us in the Blues game. Actually in the Blues game, he punished Bam so much at the breakdown our boys stopped competing there, that was one of the distinctives of the game!

He also called about 5 free kicks back for being tapped off the mark, watch the replay, even Kearnsey was groaning about it.

James Leckie's a twat and a waste of precious oxygen!

C'mon the

vCash
    I don't think there was any bias from the referee he just made a lot of bad decisions. It's an interpretative thing and an ability thing.

The commentary was reasonable. They pointed out every bad call without bias. Spanner and Shepherd are ex tahs. What's the problem?

Wasn't it great to stick it up those w@----s though.

The anti Force sentiment in Australian rugby is born from jealousy. It is frustrating for them that the Force are successful. They would prefer a little brother to bully around. They don't like being shown up by the little brother.

Tahs fans everywhere will be swinging from ropes after last night. They are seriously on the slippery slope to the back door.

There was some great sledging last night.

I would have to say that Ben Robinson from the Tahs is an outstanding scrummager. He got away with a lot of boring in though.

TPN and Palu from the Tahs were very impressive.

Drew Mitchell probably played himself out of a Tahs offer. He was terrible. Expect his signature with the Force in the next week. Nobody else would want him.

JOC continues to amaze. He is a tough little rooster and an amazing talent.

Spanner is just pure quality. Nothing flashy, just runs straight and very very hard

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    We've had him before, he did the same thing to us in the Blues game. Actually in the Blues game, he punished Bam so much at the breakdown our boys stopped competing there, that was one of the distinctives of the game!

He also called about 5 free kicks back for being tapped off the mark, watch the replay, even Kearnsey was groaning about it.

James Leckie's a twat and a waste of precious oxygen!
    Another ego maniac that wants to leave his personal imprint on the game. It's infuriating

Controversy corner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast