Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LOWEST SCORING SUPER 14 RUGBY MATCH EVER

vCash
    you didnt have to sit next to it for an entire game!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    that'll be you and your sporg next season AS .....
    When my child is like 5 it is going to know better then to poo its pants coach.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AlcoholicStalker; 18-02-07 at 09:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Once again it is time for my favourite reply to Eddie, thanks Burgs...
    It's also in my signature so he can hopefully hear it again...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    It'll be interesting to see what the judiciary make of that tackle on Mortlock. It was an instinctive reaction & careless.....but, if you look at the replays, the first contact was just below shoulder height but his arm bounced up into Mortlock's face.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Once again it is time for my favourite reply to Eddie, thanks Burgs...
    It's also in my signature so he can hopefully hear it again...
    I'll bow to your obvious greater knowledge here ( I was a very mediocre back-rower ), but didn't you agree with him a little?

I thought the ref was very quick to penalise the Qld scrum on quite a few occasions. But when ACT seemed to be the first to go down he mostly just re-set the scrum.

Officials (usually less experienced ones) tending to only referee one side is a pet hate of mine. The Force have suffered it more than a few times and the likes of ACT, NSW, Canterbury..... benefit more than most.

vCash
    I just think he has no PR skills at all and is always crying over one thing or another...I haven't seen the game, so i cannot give my point of view regarding the scrums, but from the sound of it he may have a point regarding the engagement, but the fact is, if they won, then nothing would've been said, but because they lost he does his usual "they pick on us" routine...

I believe the scrum should be the referee's prime point of concern when training, and more effort should be made to educate the referees in this area, as most of the referees have never played in the scrums...I don't think it is an isolated event against the Qld scrum, as a lot of scrums this year have been badly handled, so it is up to the refs to lift their game...

vCash
    i agree with your last post frontrow more education for the refs, they are now beginning to spoil the game upfront all for a spot in the world cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    I believe the scrum should be the referee's prime point of concern when training

This is one of the points he was making. But I'm not defending his carping manner. He's a shocker.

vCash
    Johanson(sp) out for 2 weeks - maybe his arm bounced - but he turned a normally composed Morlock into a bag of jelly ( 2 lads basically carried him of the ground and he sat down on the bench like an 80 yr old man) and 20 mins later appeared on TV looking pale with enough grass on his face to get one of Burgs cows excited -

so intended or not it was dangerous Junior was kinda lucky not to be out for a couple of weeks to - but the guy he tackled didn't get hurt

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    his arm may have "slipped up" but he also left the ground and mortlock flipped in the air so it must have been some pretty heavy contact. Never before have i seen someones own teammate have to put them in the recovery position in the middle of the field either.

Can i just say that my possible highlight of the match was watching stephen hoiles hurl himself on top of John Roe to save a try.

vCash
    that tackle was crazy it doesnt matter were he hit him he still got his head and to cause concusion is crazy he will get 4-6 weeks depending on his record i think.

eddie was right though but expressed it the wrong way. if he wants to do somthing about it he should complain to the aru or somthing he was pretty stupid to just say it on tv.

my highlight was the big forward brawl that was my favorite by far. the most intresting thing all night lol

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He may have bitten off more than he can chew this time I think!
    He has basically prefaced his comments with a "Forgive me Father for what I am about to say" admission of guilt.
    Anything he says from here on will be either more damaging or seen as being two-faced if he retracts.
    And to add to his woes he has an ever diminishing pool of players to dig him out of his hole!
    At least we took the wooden spoon with SOME sense of dignity!!!
    Cue frontrow…

Jones in deep over ref spray

Greg Growden
    Monday, February 19, 2007

Reds coach Eddie Jones is facing suspension and a $10,000 fine from the Australian Rugby Union for castigating Sydney referee Matt Goddard after Saturday night's loss to ACT in Brisbane.

Jones made a scathing attack on Goddard's performance on television, radio and at the official media conference, where he even taunted the ARU into fining him over his comments.

The ARU this morning is expected to charge Jones with breaches of the union's code of conduct.

Jones began his attack on Goddard by saying: "How much is the fine? I'll have to check with my accountant … Whatever you have to pay, I'll pay twice. I thought it [the refereeing] was outrageous."

Jones could not believe Goddard's scrum interpretations: "We were definitely the strongest scrum in the first half, and we get penalised for collapsing the scrum," he said. "Work that one out. It is disgraceful. This is not good enough. It's not good enough for rugby. We're saying the scrum is a contest, and so the stronger scrum gets penalised. It just doesn't make sense.

"He [Goddard] refused to talk to our hooker [Sean Hardman], and he said our prop [Rodney Blake] was packing too low. Well, props are supposed to pack low. It happened four times in a row. Now that's ludicrous. But in saying that, it did not cost us the game."

Asked what was the solution, Jones replied: "You've got to get better referees. Referees have got to study scrums. When you have the stronger scrum, you don't collapse it on opposition ball. How many turnovers did we get on their ball in the first half … at least three? And why would we collapse it on our ball? That's just lacking common sense."

A week earlier, Jones was as angered by the performance of South African referee Mark Lawrence, as he had penalised the dominant Queensland scrum.

Jones's comments have also antagonised ARU officials. Jones's relationship with the ARU is fractious after being sacked as Wallabies coach at the end of 2005.

ARU chief executive Gary Flowers, who was involved in Jones's demise as Australian coach, this morning will meet with Super 14 tournament director Peter Rowles and regional director Brendan Morris to determine whether Jones has breached the code of conduct. If they believe there has been a breach, it will be referred to the ARU judicial officer, who can impose fines and sanctions. If a fine is imposed, the ARU is expected to follow the guidelines of the National Rugby League, which fine coaches $10,000 if they publicly criticise referees.

Flowers, also the SANZAR chief executive officer, said yesterday the ARU and SANZAR, which runs the Super 14, frowned upon coaches targeting referees.

"The SANZAR countries stressed before the Super 14 … started this year that there would be zero tolerance of adverse public comments of referees," Flowers said.

ACT coach Laurie Fisher wasn't also entirely impressed with the refereeing performance, particularly during a scuffle in the first half.

"I saw [Queensland centre] Ben Tune throw a lot of punches and escape scot-free," Fisher said. "So I'm a little perplexed that a person can throw so many punches and not be spoken to by the referee at all."

Queensland's woes continued yesterday when centre Lloyd Johannson was suspended for two matches after pleading guilty to a dangerous tackle on Brumbies captain Stirling Mortlock. Johannson's high tackle in the 71st minute led to the ACT penalty that won them the game 6-3. It was the lowest scoring fixture in Super rugby history.

Reds and Wallabies hooker Stephen Moore is expected to be sidelined between four weeks and four months after tearing the meniscus in his left knee. Moore will undergo an arthroscopy this week.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    When i read this article this morning i only had one thing runnng through my mind, apart from the fact that Eddie is the ultimate tosser, i wish he would..........

vCash
    Comon frontrow - think of it this way
    This weekend the reds have lost
    Stephen Moore 4 mths
    Johanson 2 games
    and possibly Eddie Jones within 1 km radius of anyone from the ARU espesically on match day 3 years plus
    thinking this could be the easiest win of the season for THE FORCE

What would S14 be without the entertainment factor of Eddie

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dignified.....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    A better, if less entertaining, place....He is the ultimate swiss army knife, a tool for every occasion...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast