Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cross in. Tahu and Vickerman on the bench.

vCash
    I wasn't talking about Horwill

Though I'll grant you Sharpe had a good game last week, I suppose Vicks can make an impact in his first week back

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    we have the Bledisloe?
    I assume it will be displayed at the game?
    why not start with Vicks though? if he's fit enough to sit on the bench, he's fit enough to start. if he hasn't got a full game in him, swap him off for Sharpe when he gets tired!
    Isn't he leaving at the end of the season? Screw him.

vCash
    Thems are fighting words...

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    i am truly amazing that aac made it into the starting XV. im sure, given time, he could become a good fullback, but why on EARTH does he play 15 in one of the most competitive competitions in the world, yet he doesnt wear the 15 jumper for super14. in time he will be good, but bledisloe is not the right place to do fumble around in the dark. i haev faith but aussie rob, really, i think that this was a mistake.

not happy with that part... but otherwise its alright. glad vicks is back. good bloke i like the front row more and more now dunning is gone

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm glad you're recognising his Sydney roots there TG, very important
    leave his personal life out of it please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    i am truly amazing that aac made it into the starting XV. im sure, given time, he could become a good fullback, but why on EARTH does he play 15 in one of the most competitive competitions in the world, yet he doesnt wear the 15 jumper for super14. in time he will be good, but bledisloe is not the right place to do fumble around in the dark. i haev faith but aussie rob, really, i think that this was a mistake.

not happy with that part... but otherwise its alright. glad vicks is back. good bloke i like the front row more and more now dunning is gone
    who else is there, SNK or Gerrard, screw that Gerrard is to slow and had only recently come back from injury and SNK is a embarrasement to the wallaby jersey.

vCash
    we could always try Drew Mitchell if he isn't needed at the wing

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    we could do that and i dont think its such a bad idea, but robyn's point was that AAC doesnt play 15 in the S14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    we could do that and i dont think its such a bad idea, but robyn's point was that AAC doesnt play 15 in the S14
    why yes it was...

but aac is, if you go by the coaches, not the best 15 the brumbies have, yet at the moment hes the best australia has to offer. im really confused...

Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    we could always try Drew Mitchell if he isn't needed at the wing
    THATS what i was getting at. we have a guy who actually has EXPERIANCE at fullback at s14 level. hes not the best in australia, that would be cam, but hes better than aac. i am really at a loss as to why aac is there... i really cannot think of an explaination.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    why yes it was...

but aac is, if you go by the coaches, not the best 15 the brumbies have, yet at the moment hes the best australia has to offer. im really confused...

THATS what i was getting at. we have a guy who actually has EXPERIANCE at fullback at s14 level. hes not the best in australia, that would be cam, but hes better than aac. i am really at a loss as to why aac is there... i really cannot think of an explaination.
    well your confused becuse your personal opinion of who is the better player contradicts with what the selectors see...

AAC has experience at 15 as well, at the start of the season before getting injure AAC was the first choice 15 for ACT.

IMO, AAC offers better kicking, positional and defensive support then what Mitchell offers, he might not be as exciting or have as much flair as Mitchell but he offers a more reliable package.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't think you can build a good fullback. They are or the aren't. If they have got it then there is something to improve on. If they don't, forget it and play somewhere else.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    well your confused becuse your personal opinion of who is the better player contradicts with what the selectors see...

AAC has experience at 15 as well, at the start of the season before getting injure AAC was the first choice 15 for ACT.

IMO, AAC offers better kicking, positional and defensive support then what Mitchell offers, he might not be as exciting or have as much flair as Mitchell but he offers a more reliable package.
    maybe because Drew is actually a winger by nature, although he is able to be at fullback. true AAC would be picked over Drew for fullback though

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I don't think you can build a good fullback. They are or the aren't. If they have got it then there is something to improve on. If they don't, forget it and play somewhere else.
    I don't know I reckon Latho really turned it on as a full-back in the last 3 or 4 years of his career. The big thing with AAC is noone is actually consistent with where they play him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    yeah i dont agree with that either, Latho is probably the prime example of a player who was effectively rejected from NSW and moved up to QLD and became arguably the best fullback in the world.

If anything fullback is a position where players can develop, it takes a lot of rugby brains and experience to play fullback, being able to read the play, positioning yourself, developing your kicking game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2