Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MATT GITEAU REJECTS $1.6M FORCE OFFER

vCash
    i can't say i'm not upset, because that would be a massive lie. he is such a vital part of our team, and it will take us a while to develop or find such a player.

but there will be more giteau's to come. ones who feel that the force actually means something to them other than a quick buck. and i think i will appreciate those guys more, even if they aren't as flashy or paid as much, or have stupid hairdos.

thanks gits... it was good. good luck with the brumbies. i guess.

so what about the missus? what's she gonna do?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Looks like Giteau has declined the offer. Perhaps the Force will table something else however looks unlikely...ET mining are probably happy to get out of the deal away because with the recent drive in the commodity market...

Will Drew Mitchell be next and follow Giteau to the Brumbies for 2010?

Mitchell had a great game last night. All the Force Wallabies did a good job...and Pocock picked up his first cap, congratulations to him and is family.

vCash
    I knew you were going to say that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Will Drew Mitchell be next and follow Giteau to the Brumbies for 2010?

Mitchell had a great game last night. All the Force Wallabies did a good job...and Pocock picked up his first cap, congratulations to him and is family.
    I don't think he will.

He has had a really wow time with this team. He went from being some dodgy Queenslandy winger to being the second highest try-scorer of the RWC. This club has got him where he is. It's not a Git's case at all with Drew. I thought WA meant something to Gits, but I'm almost 100% certain that it means something to Drew

Plus he could never leave the fangirls behind

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    So, in effect, nothing's changed since all these extraordinary headlines started?

Gits is still with the Force for 2009, and I imagine like a few other players has no contract for 2010, and will cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Right. Back to reading my e-mails from my Kiwi "friends"...

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    So, in effect, nothing's changed since all these extraordinary headlines started?

Gits is still with the Force for 2009, and I imagine like a few other players has no contract for 2010, and will cross that bridge when he comes to it.
    I think you are spot on tragic, we are still where we were when Gits signed the renewal for the ARU contract and left ours until he decided what to do, the fact he has still not signed for 2010 onwards and based on the contents of the article this is based on, he never intended to do so, as he intimates he did not like the extention part.

In the end he come to us because the money was good and his best school days mate Matt Henjack was here, he does not owe us anything, if anything he has lifted our team and helped our players grow with one man of the match performance after another.

He has paid our dues to us and gave us everything while he was here, so I think its time to rather thank him and hope that something in the next few months helps him stay, or else we need to be grateful for what he has done and hopefully the good has rubbed off on those still playing for us.

Thanks Gits for what you have done in the short time you were with us, and hopefully in this crazy world we live in something will change and keep you with us for a few more seasons.

vCash
    Hasn't his girlfriend signed on for a few years with the Perth netball or basketball team? I would have thought she did that because he was staying in Perth.

If Gits leaves then a few players will go in the next few years. Rabbit has not dedicated himself to the club for a long term contract and I think even Shep and mitchell are only around till 2010. With Staniforth likely to retire in the near future there could be some massive holes in the team around 2011.

I reckon Gits will stay. Could you inmagine the nagging if he moves the missus from the glorious beaches back to Queanbeyan!!

vCash
    in the end this all makes Matt look bad for nothing, He will be serving out his current contract in full and all this media BS will unfortunatly be remembered long after its forgotten that he wasnt paid in full. i dont know how many people would sign a 3rd party agreement beyond there current contract without knowing what ther next contract would fully entail.

vCash
    Thought that the contract was a standard WF/ARU contract which would take him through to 2011. What's the problem with that ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont suppose it would sound too much like wishful thinking that he has rejeced 1.6Mil with this group because he has a $1.8 Mil deal with another WA based group.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Thought that the contract was a standard WF/ARU contract which would take him through to 2011. What's the problem with that ?
    He only signed with ARU till 2011, he left the contract with the super 14 side open as he was not sure where he wanted to play.

To sum up he has a contract with ARU till 2011 and with Force until 2009.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I believe he is contracted to the Force till 2011 also, but he has a clause in his contract which would allow him to choose to leave for another province after the 2009 season.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Well at lest the Force have tired to make it right and tabled an offer.

It’s likely the Force will let him go once he requests an early release from his contract. While the new administration must assert they are not responsible for the Firepower deal, it could still become a legal matter. And the club could be found to be part responsible for the enticement. The club couldn’t risk legal action as the result could greatly cost the club. It’s just not worth the risk even if small. The club could look quite foolish if it all went wrong. Personally I wouldn’t like to see that happen.

Its just business, messy business left behind by others for Giteau’s party and the current Force administration to workout. Nonetheless in the end if Giteau doesn’t what to be there, there’s not much point of making him stay against his will.

I think he has mostly enjoyed his time with the Force but for is boyhood buddies Matt Henjak’s downfall and the Firepower wise guy scam. But realistically Giteau has always harbored a desire to return to the Brumbies and play a significant part in his hometown clubs proud history of producing local champion players. He has the utmost respect for Gregan, Larkham and Joe Roff and their achievements.

I wouldn’t expect to hear much this week, perhaps something towards the end or next week. We will all have to wait for Bret Harris’s next article, as he seems to be the one with the connections.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It’s likely the Force will let him go once he requests an early release from his contract.
    Jeez I get sick of the physic folk who join up here at the first sniff of a re-re-hashed anti-crisis singing the praises of a particular journo and are unable to discuss anything else....

He may well request an early release - if you know something, pray do tell - but if you don't all you are doing by implying you do is besmirching Matt Giteau's name...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    ... The club could look quite foolish if it all went wrong. Personally I wouldn’t like to see that happen.
    REALLY?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast