Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RugbyWA Senior Rugby Competition Round 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    U18's UWA 106 Joondalup 5

This is the result of the poachers work. I suppose UWA are thinking they are so clever now.

Yes, UWA have won a rugby game and no doubt all their players think they are world beaters but they have stuffed the competition up big time.

I wish them nothing but bad fortune in 2012.
    Pretty much the same score as they beat them by last year, I think the two guys from Joondalup hardly played in the 2nd half. I think they showed up at Joondalup as under 15's so it's a bit of a long bow to say Joondalup developed them in any way. Also I think Wests or Uni beat Joondalup last season by around the same score, for me it also reflects on how seriously they take they're U18s, you may want to go through the last few years results and see the performances if you doubt it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ... so anyway, how did the associated players do for their respective clubs?

I know it's early in the season, but did their presence in the teams bring bigger crowds?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Seymour was at inside centre for Nedlands &was very good.Josh Holmes passed vey well but looked short of a trot in general play.Dellit looked dangerous at times

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Selisi was solid for Palmyra in the set pieces and did a bit of good work around the ground.

Nalaga was only on for about 25 minutes in the second half and showed flashes of brilliance but was wasted on the wing. However you play them for as long, and in the position, that the Force directs.

With Conor Higgins as reserve prop the Force guys did not make as much of a difference as might have been expected, and Palmyra lost nothing when Higgins replaced Selisi (and that's no criticism of Selisi).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Selisi was solid for Palmyra in the set pieces and did a bit of good work around the ground.

Nalaga was only on for about 25 minutes in the second half and showed flashes of brilliance but was wasted on the wing. However you play them for as long, and in the position, that the Force directs.

With Conor Higgins as reserve prop the Force guys did not make as much of a difference as might have been expected, and Palmyra lost nothing when Higgins replaced Selisi (and that's no criticism of Selisi).
    Well salesi will get his chance this week with longbottom out with an illness.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2