Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RM V HaNSIE ÷ Circular argument thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post

How about a rugby coach?
    Whod'a thought.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    I made mention of Rick Charlesworth purely from the point of view that he has been extremely successfull identifying talent. Sure Hockey and Rugby are poles apart, I am told he had a problem with the lack of support in Dockers management to change the culture within the playing group. Soemthing it appears Ross Lyon has done well.

Perhaps in a director of coaching role or talent identification, but may be worth considering.

RM would do well in Julia's cabinet playing the affluent clubs off against less affluent.

Selection of Academy and Gold players is subject to availability and acceptance of the player. 6 Neddies players turned down the invite due to a number of reasons.

You are still demonstrating your lack of involvement and understanding. Normally those informed keep their mouths shut and let everyone think they are a dickhead... You've opened yours and removed all doubt.

Senior Player
    vCash
    "6 Neddies players turned down the invite "

What you meant to say was "6 imported Neddies players turned down the invite"

Sometimes I wonder whether all your neurons are connected Hansie.

What we're after is the truth Hansie, the truth! Sledging me or anyone else does not change the facts.

"Or do we grow as fast as the lowest common denominator? Ban Imports, spread Force players to the weak clubs, will that strengthen our local player's skillset?" Who is really "playing the affluent clubs off against less affluent"? You might have a different view if Nedlands was struggling.

Who are these "weak clubs" that you refer to and would prefer not to have access to Force players? Are you suggesting that it is for our own good that Nedlands is the strongest club?

Nedlands actually needs to develop its junior and colts base and genuinely contribute to the local player base. At the moment it is not doing that and the other clubs are carrying the load for Nedlands. Importing a bunch of kiwis each year and allowing them to play for Perth Gold is only perpetuating the problem.

You haven't addressed any of my points because you can't without exposing yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    you can't without exposing yourself.
    Nice turn of phrase. But but probably just a bit of a slip.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Would you guys like to continue your discussion in another thread, perhaps in the local club section, and not in the Western Force section in a thread about a new coach, which happens to be the most important single event for the club since 2006?

vCash
    This thread is for discussion about the future Force coach.

How about taking your arguements about the local comp back to the appropriate thread....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Would you guys like to continue your discussion in another thread, perhaps in the local club section, and not in the Western Force section in a thread about a new coach, which happens to be the most important single event for the club since 2006?

Beat me to it by that much....

Champion
    vCash
    oops sorry - will go to another forum and thread.

Last edited by Hansie; 11-05-12 at 16:57. Reason: change thread.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Moved.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Moved.
    Inspired.
    Must be all the zen cocktails...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My positive chakras hvae been released in the shade of Shingha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    My positive chakras hvae been released in the shade of Shingha.
    Any chance of releasing your positive chakras over a certain Durban shark tank tomorrow??!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That's about enough of you releasing anything anywhere

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Having trouble finding a bar in bkk that shows our game live. Setanta has it delayed till3.30 am cus of pommie rugby.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Ah Hansie, we've finally come the full circle.

It's taken a year but you've finally fessed up to:

1) Importing players (previously and strenuously denied by you),

2) You object to Force players playing for the "weak clubs" - your attitude is reprehensible and indicative of the western suburb centric mindset that is holding rugby back in this state, ie as long as Nedlands, Cott and Uni have all the benefits who cares about the rest of the clubs. Are you prepared to repeat your statement to the clubs in the outer areas (eg Rocky and Kala)?

3) You don't take a holistic view at all, its all about Nedlands domination.

Well, here's a few more home truths for you:

a) Seymour "coaching" Nedlands under 9's is a PR stunt.

b) Nedlands relies significantly on imports to remain competitive and does very little to develop local players to feed into the academy or schoolboy programmes. No Nedlands players in the current academy other than a yarpie import and no Nedlands players in the state schoolboy squad. Nedlands must have an under 16 and an under 18 team if it wants to be seen as developing local players and to give any credibility to your soap box rhethoric.

c) cheque book premierships are not sustainable although I have to admit Nedlands have done a good job of it over the years.

"How about coming up with a pro active constructive method to improve our skillset in WA."

There's a very simple answer to improving standards of athletic performance, irrespective of the sport or location. The formula is:

1) Maximise Player Numbers

2) High coaching standards across the sport

3) An effective and appropriately funded Talent Identification and Development Programme

4) Effective promotion of the sport (includes genuine commitment from the local professional team)

In my view, Rugby WA are running a pretty good programme on the smell of an oily rag. Yes it could be improved and yes it could do with a significant increase in funding.

The Force need to win some games to attract the sponsorship necessary to fund these programmes. Its difficult to pull a plane out of a downward spiral and not helped by passengers like you panicking.

"What about Rick Charlesworth" you must have flipped out - check the brand of Biltong you chew on - some special additives by the sounds of it. Stick to big-noting yourself on this website, at least that's relatively harmless. God I hope you never get on the RugbyWA board or anything - there'd only be one club left at the end of it and no juniors!

Grrr... I need a cup of tea.
    RM_ I am no fan of Nedlands but your perception of rugby in the State bars on toolish.

If anyone ever challenges you, you either throw in the persecution complex or make sweeping uniformed statements, or if really feeling threatened throw in the alcohol line.

Nedlands falls in the belt where many of their u16s -18s play PSA and like many clubs in the area struggle with numbers in this age group.

As Hansie states, what is your role? Ever wathced any schools rugby, ever coached. Probably not.

By the way I watched your club last weekend. Some good players. Noted no U 18s or u 20s - why not? Dont' blame Neddies, Cott, UWA or RugbyWA- get off your arse and contribute, yes let me say say what we all feel - you wanker!!

Bring it on you tool!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast