Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Club Rugby - And The Finalists Are?

vCash
    That's rubbish Hansie! Give them the opportunity and they'll find the coaches and the sponsors. Sponsors especially are not going to throw money at a team that 'might' be able to get into the premier league but will throw money at a team that is 'in' the premier league. Once the money is there then you'll get the coaches.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Gawd - I am already an old fart - I guess that gives me licence to lecture....

There are some things behind Piet's comments that need to be explored. Joondalup have had good junior numbers for years and in the juniors won a few flags too. Becoming a senior club is not based solely on numbers and success in Junior ranks. I would expect Joondalup should be in a very good position to field 2 under 18 and 2 under 20 teams, but are there the coaches, managers and sponsors there to support these teams?
    I'm sure Joondalup are well aware of the requirements to become a senior club, other than having coaches, managers and sponsors. It's like everything else- without the senior status it's hard attracting more quality coaches & players. There are firm commitments to come over once it's in place so it's the chicken & egg syndrom. Same with sponsorship commitments. You mentioned under 18s & 20s Hansie. As you'll be well aware these are the critical age groups that are hard to keep without premier status and are easily tempted to move to other clubs that do. Hence the problem. I'm sounding like an old fart now, probably cos I am

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Admittedly from well beyond the sidelines, I would have thought it unlikely that RWA would deliberately incorporate a Bye into the weekly fixtures (or would they, may be advantages I guess) so to me it would seem more likely to either "relegate" an existing premier club or "promote" two new clubs to keep numbers even?

IF that were the case and a case had to be made for a second new premier status club, who would be in the pecking order after Joondalup?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Its got to be Curtin doesn't it as they are the top of 3rd Grade Gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Admittedly from well beyond the sidelines, I would have thought it unlikely that RWA would deliberately incorporate a Bye into the weekly fixtures (or would they, may be advantages I guess) so to me it would seem more likely to either "relegate" an existing premier club or "promote" two new clubs to keep numbers even?

IF that were the case and a case had to be made for a second new premier status club, who would be in the pecking order after Joondalup?

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash

A: Bayswater
    B: Wanneroo
    C: Associates
    D: Cottesloe
    E: UWA
    F: Nedlands
    G West
    H: Palmyra
    I: Kalamunda
    J: Rockingham

I know that I might get shot for this but this is how I see it

Cottesloe and Associates can join ranks Soaks have the better fasilities in my eyes
    Nedlands can join ranks with West Subi Nobody wants them on the foreshore any way
    This will allow for 2 new premier clubs Most probably Joondalup and another south of the river club

Champion
    vCash
    Bugger playing on a field with blue and white linemarkings. Anyway watch this space - by 2012 Nedlands will have magnificent changerooms, ladies toilets and Bar.

How about Joondalup join with Wanneroo and Mandurah with Rockingham?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    How about Joondalup join with Wanneroo and Mandurah with Rockingham?
    and how will this allow the people in Clarkson to join a club within a decent distance from home

vCash
    Hansie- if Joondalup joined with Wanneroo you'd never see a premiership flag again down south

Pieter- like your idea of a new north & south premier team. Southern Lions have a good set up although still early days for them

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    http://joondalupbrothers.rugbynet.co....asp?id=140926

Are they on track with the prerequisites to promotion?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    No, it's all gone to mud. Almost none of the pre-requisites are in place.

Joondalup is as far away from Premier Grade as Perth-Bayswater is to making this years Premier Grade finals.

There is no way any "District" club can become a Premier Grade Club unless there is a fundamental change to the competition structure, ie promotion / relegation, break down of the rigid 10 team structure etc.

This is not likely in the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Unfortunately some of the existing premier clubs fall short of the pre-requisites as well. If the drive in clubland was for the greater good of rugby in WA as opposed to looking after existing back yards then there may be a chance. If we don't do something to shore up the potential of northern & southern catchment areas we'll continue to be ridiculed by the eastern states for the foreseeable future. That's the only foreseeable future Oracle

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    and how will this allow the people in Clarkson to join a club within a decent distance from home
    Shouldn't they just join Geraldton then?

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    break down of the rigid 10 team structure etc.

This is not likely in the foreseeable future.
    No more than 10 premier grade clubs. The competition is weak already and it is because of all the clubs vs the amount of players all these so called feeder clubs should be integrated into the 10 club competition.

Then we can start with a competition where a club( From junior U/6 to Premiers) host another club on a Saturday from early in the morning until the main event in the arvo . This will create club spirit and loyalty. It will build a stronger infrastructure and it be the foundation of a better Western Force structure.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Kala will beat nedlands and wests and Paly will most likey beat wanneroo but lose to cott so 4th will come down to bonus points and percentage so dont be so sure of your self fulvio. The way paly and kala are playing paly dont deserve to be there.

And dont worry the rules about finals will be bent again this year.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Looking at both season results and depth it would be pretty easy to mount an argument to jetison Rocky, with only 2 wins from the combined 32 matches of their Premier and Reserve teams, no Under 20's or 18's and the only other senior team in the zimmerframe division.
    Curtin and Joondalup both have two Under 20's and a 3rds and 4ths.
    With Wanneroo and Palmyra fielding teams in all available grades, including two U20's, there has to be some potential for recruitment there too for Joondalup and Curtin if given a senior team.
    As often mentioned, there are many more factors than this however, onfield has to count significantly surely, especially when competing with the handycap of having no Premier or Reserve teams to retain or attract players?

Last edited by Burgs; 05-08-10 at 09:35.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast