Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taskforce unveils new stadium plans

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    good point TQ1...we'll wait to see what RugbyWA want...then we will go for it...both feet..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    i want a rugby stadium ide like to see afl fans watch there game 60m away from the sideline. its like being at tompkins park and instead of being right where the action is..... go into the water and try and watch. *shakes fist*
    Im with you PRUC, If it's not rectangle, it's just a modern Subiaco

The backs are just there to look pretty

vCash
    looks great they better approve. im sure it would be fine and it would have great new facilities.

i dont see them moving any seats around for rugby but it is still good why would you sit in the front row anyway. the 2nd tier seats would be great.

vCash

I know it's an artists impression, but bugger me the artist could at least pretend we've got a decent team.. I mean to show the Wallabies throwing a defensive lineout on our own tryline with the sheep shaggers ready to pounce.. that's a bit rich!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Prophetic perhaps....
    Least it's in "my" corner

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Prophetic perhaps....
    Least it's in "my" corner
    and you're still at a distance away from any action.

vCash

proposed stadium looks good

hope there's not as much as a hoo haa about it as eden park upgrade

vCash
    Okay. I honestly do think this stadium is going to be much better then we are giving it credit for.

I think that the retractable seating will be brought in for the super 14 season. Think about the American Football stadiums. Most off them grow their grass outside then roll it into the stadium for each game. Moving seats really wouldn't be any different or any harder.

Sure, its not going to be the stadium that we want. Its not going to be as intimate as ME. But at least its better then Subi.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Well, if the scale is anything like accurate, the punters will be no closer with the seats extended than they currently are at Subi (along the sidelines at least). The upside however would be that at least 35,000 seats would be between the try lines. I'm not sure about the whole middle tiering being assigned to corporates though, and the requirement for 80% seating undercover would appear to only apply to AFL/cricket, so it would either be nosebleeds and binoculars or raincoats (and probably still binoculars).

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    "Football cool on new stadium

WA Football Commission chairman Neale Fong warned yesterday that the AFL code would not support plans for a new 60,000-seat stadium if it lost financially by moving from Subiaco Oval.

“Clearly we don’t want to have a situation where football is going to be worse off and we’re not convinced at this stage and we need to be convinced by our own analysis and discussions with Government that football is going to be in a better situation, otherwise it destroys the whole reason about why you need a (new) stadium in the first place,” Dr Fong said. "

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=30624

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    of course they will lose ..............ripping a couple of million a year out of Rugby

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack
    "Football cool on new stadium

WA Football Commission chairman Neale Fong warned yesterday that the AFL code would not support plans for a new 60,000-seat stadium if it lost financially by moving from Subiaco Oval.

“Clearly we don’t want to have a situation where football is going to be worse off and we’re not convinced at this stage and we need to be convinced by our own analysis and discussions with Government that football is going to be in a better situation, otherwise it destroys the whole reason about why you need a (new) stadium in the first place,” Dr Fong said. "

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=30624
    Fairly typical, they have had a very generous deal with Subiaco for years now, which has helped them to develop their code to the level it is today. I would suggest that the government pulls the lease agreement from the AFL and set it up as an idependantly run stadium. Greed is not good!!!!!!!

Just happy to be here

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Well Mr Fong clearly has no vision:

Dr Fong said his obligations as chairman of the Football Commission in deliberations over the stadium was to the AFL code. “I’m here to represent football both now and in the future and clearly as our major sport, football cannot be disadvantaged,” he said.

Either AFL can choose to keep and 80 yr lease on an old building (and pay for their own upgrade) or move to a new, better stadium?
    Fong exhibits the same short-sighted narrow-minded vision that AFL has always done. He exhibits the same 'vision' in his $650 million a year Health job aswell.

Only Football will loose if the new stadium is not built. Rugby will survive - for a period, but any money spent on any new stadia is better for sport all round.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Just got this from email RugbyWA

RugbyWA will meet with the WA Sports Minister later this month to discuss our case for the development of a dedicated rectangular stadium.

The meeting follows a recent briefing with the consultants to the Taskforce, where we discussed some of the assumptions behind the Taskforce’s financial conclusions.

We have asked for access to the information underlying the Taskforce’s financial conclusions, and we have been advised that it should become available.

RugbyWA remains committed to the development of a dedicated rectangular stadium, preferably with a capacity of 35,000 seats, and we note the Taskforce’s call for a two stadium policy in its recent announcement for a 60,000 seat multi-purpose stadium.

It was interesting to see the Victorian Government recently commit to the $270 million development of a 31,000 seat rectangular stadium.

How many stadiums in Melbourne is that?!

The benefits of a dedicated rectangular venue were there for all to see at the recent Super 14 final between the Bulls and the Sharks. What an atmosphere…what a game!

Stay tuned!

For more information visit www.rugbywa.com.au

For more information visit www.rugbywa.com.au

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    FT, ever tried pushing shit up hill? If the Taskforce was visionary surely Burswood with their proposal for a oval and rectangular stadiums would of got the nod. Didnt get a look in. Transport problems apparently, which is a load of crock. They dont give a stuff about us rugby crew..full stop. WAFC and their fat cat, bottom feeding, scum sucking, oxygen thieving clubbie bastards look after no 1. Nothing will happen, mark my words. Lets go to MES and try and make a fist of it.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast