Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: semi final time

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    pull your head in RM, GIGS has just as much a right of comment as any one

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Cott should have Junior but are thinking about getting Brownie back along with JOC, Snowden, JOC's Brother
    Are JOC and his brother joined at the hip?? Everywhere JOC goes his bro seems to be part of the package!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Gigsy, we've had this conversation before.
    Ad nauseum RM ad nauseum.

As you can see, I have carefully considered everything you have said about my right to comment on club matters and made a decision.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I have carefully considered everything you have said about my right to comment on club matters and made a decision.
    Care to let us in on that decision?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Ok, Shasta, since you're a mate, I'll tell you, but keep it to yourself.

I don't give a crap what RM says I'm allowed to post about and what I'm not allowed to post about, he's a hypocritical bully who doesn't even follow his own rules.

Keep it to yourself ;-)

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Nice bit of research and some very valid points made but the current cluster fuck could so easily have been avoided.I saw it coming about 6 weeks ago and alluded to it several times previously,what a mess

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Westie, it's an unnecessary beat up.

Does the addition of EWF players really make that much of a difference? In 2009 perhaps, but not much now. You have gone through a season playing against clubs with EWF players and have finished in the finals. Likewise Neddies, last week Junior played well for Cott, but he was certainly not MOM. You guys will have Pek and he will give you grunt in the scrum, but Pally have the front row to match him.

We have been crying out for EWF players to play in our comp. I know of juniors organising with each other to be ball boys so they can come and watch Paddy play - but does he make a difference - not as much as people make out. I think it is a storm in a teacup.

Some players may not have played the 3 games, so what!!!! In your day, you'd have loved to have pitched yourself against an AB, win lose or draw. I lifted when Tommy Bedford played against us in club rugby, ask the players on the field what they want. Yes for some 2009 will go down as the year Brownie won cott the flag, but each Pally player that played in that game will forever say " I played against that Wallaby" . Let the players have a say, not old men like us fixated on some minor self interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ok, Shasta, since you're a mate, I'll tell you, but keep it to yourself.

I don't give a crap what RM says I'm allowed to post about and what I'm not allowed to post about, he's a hypocritical bully who doesn't even follow his own rules.

Keep it to yourself ;-)
    OK, Got that now.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Does the addition of EWF players really make that much of a difference? In 2009 perhaps, but not much now. You have gone through a season playing against clubs with EWF players and have finished in the finals. Likewise Neddies, last week Junior played well for Cott, but he was certainly not MOM. You guys will have Pek and he will give you grunt in the scrum, but Pally have the front row to match him.

We have been crying out for EWF players to play in our comp. I know of juniors organising with each other to be ball boys so they can come and watch Paddy play - but does he make a difference - not as much as people make out. I think it is a storm in a teacup.

Some players may not have played the 3 games, so what!!!! In your day, you'd have loved to have pitched yourself against an AB, win lose or draw. I lifted when Tommy Bedford played against us in club rugby, ask the players on the field what they want. Yes for some 2009 will go down as the year Brownie won cott the flag, but each Pally player that played in that game will forever say " I played against that Wallaby" . Let the players have a say, not old men like us fixated on some minor self interest.
    Hansie, if you were within 50 metres of me I'd give you a bloody good smack to the nose. You have turned from a good club man into "one of them" (ie you are toeing the RWA line). Thought you had some balls. I'm very disappointed in you.

Nedlands are lined up to have Dellit and Tessman play for them on the weekend. How many times have Dellit and Tessman played for Nedlands this year? Its okay for the "Haves". If you had no Force players and the other club had say 2 or 3 I do not believe you would be applauding the fact, or at least Nedlands members wouldn't be.

I understand from info that I have received that Wests will have 3 Force players, two of whom have never played a minute of rugby and in fact the Rugby WA has them listed with other clubs. WTF!

I still wouldn't put it past that Cott coach to pull a swifty and exploit some loophole and bring back Whittaker, Brown and a few others for this Saturday or subsequent finals. Not going to worry too much about Cott because they are effectively Force A in any case.

"last week Junior played well for Cott, but he was certainly not MOM." Are you crazy? He scored a try and set another one up!

The injection of these Force guys just for the finals upsets the balance of the teams ie some may have an edge in the fwds others in the backs.

"We have been crying out for EWF players to play in our comp." Yes, during the season and if they qualify, for the finals but not be parachuted in just for the finals.

Apparently Cowan and Wykes are playing for Wests in addition to Hayward. Two of them wouldn't know what colour uniform Wests play in.

"I think it is a storm in a teacup." You are so out of touch with community rugby. This episode will make the 2009 fiasco look like a teacup in a storm!

"so they can come and watch Paddy play - but does he make a difference - not as much as people make out."
    Well don't play him then, let him walk amongst the crowd signing autographs.

"Yes for some 2009 will go down as the year Brownie won cott the flag, but each Pally player that played in that game will forever say " I played against that Wallaby" . You have been on record on twf as saying Brown made no difference in 2009 and now you are saying the opposite. What a hypocrite! Two weeks ago I had a few beers at Tompkins Park and they weren't using the term "that Wallaby", it was more like "that Dirtbag mercenary"!

People don't forget this type of treachery and it will definitely cost the Force memberships and I understand from a reliable source one sponsor if this proceeds as rumoured on the weekend.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 15-08-13 at 13:25.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

you're right. Everyone want the force guys playing for their team, and when it happens, people have a whinge, when it doesn't happen, people have a whinge.

They made a point this year to make sure everyone plays or takes part with their clubs. good on em.

and on the point of playing against/with a wallaby? absolutely! it definately produces a lift in the team, and it is great to recall later in life.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    you RM,trying to take on Hansie

I'd like to see that

Champion
    vCash
    The lions tour affected this year's comp. Paddy and Heath have been down at Neddies for past 4 weeks. Up to each club and coach who to select.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hang your head in shame Hansie.

vCash
    On seeing some of the players playing for their club during a season, some of them just dicked around and basically played the "look at me" card without playing a team game. One memorably was sent from the field during one match.

Others - some more fringe than regular players - played a leadership role and played outstanding games for their club. I clearly recall Boof Hardy playing really well at Paly, Chris O and Junior coming on as subs and playing terrific games for Wanneroo, Naps receiving all the on -field attention playing for Kala, allowing the other backs heaps of room to work in and especially Haig Sare playing an absolute blinder down at the foreshore a few years back. Also a memorable clash against Soaks where Bambam was lined up by various players trying the one-upmanship thing against a classy player.

It strikes me as dependent upon the individual and their attitude on the day. I didn't think Brownie "made the difference" on the day in That GF (maybe because I was listening to the radio or making a mobile call or whatever the accusation was). He certainly made a huge difference in a home/away fixture by certain actions that precluded his staying on the field for the whole match.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast