Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subi lease deadlock hits plans for stadium

vCash
    Typical lawyer tricksy talk. Gollum says it burnnssss uss it burnsssss uss!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Typical lawyer tricksy talk. Gollum says it burnnssss uss it burnsssss uss!!
    Well that went over my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I just dont understand why it needs to be secret.
    Why is anything kept secret, X?

If it is not a) Corrupt, b)Embarrassing, c) Illegal, d) Unfair, e) Immoral f) Advantageous to a competitor or g) All of the above.

Take your pick.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Whats wrong with AFL?
    it is an Irish game made worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Well that went over my head.
    You don't read the classics? Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Seldom View Post
    it is an Irish game made worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whats wrong with the Irish?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Are you Irish, Chook?

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Whats wrong with the Irish?
    Riverdance...

vCash
    I went and saw that...With a chick though.

I have an ' in my name, so I have some bog irish in me somewhere

Gigsa made me do it

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    So your name should be O'Chook??

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Chooklan O'Buk

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Thier imperialistic way of doing things, I mean, they are looking to crush league in West Sydney, you'll be affected by that.

As for over here the WAFC have basically derailed our promise from the government for a rectangular stadium to get thier own stadium build, and now they refuse to allow it to be done unless they pretty much have 100% control with financial incentives so that they continue thier saturation of WA sport...let them rot I say.

(And don't be surprised the AFL will begin to kick up a fuss if the government doesn't give the WAFC huge concessions)

On a side note, why are AFL doing the negotiation with the WAFC while the government sit back and watch? Who's the ones making the decisions here? Absolute muppets.
    Time for some perspective here kids....The WAFC do clearly NOT want this stadium. The AFL do, Let's not criticise the WAFC for attempting to make hay while they have a government who is desperate for them to fill a stadium which was passed into legislative history with the state budget this year. WAFC were against this proposal because it tokk a lot of cash from their pockets, that hasn't changed a whole lot, OK they might want more cash than they're getting at the moment, but they are the final holdout here, why not take your priority tenant status out for a spin and see what it gets you?

No the evil mad scientist here is Alan Carpenter who is attempting to use a massive budget surplus to build his election speech in the form of a stadium nobody wants to play at, a waterfront accommodation project nobody wants to live in and a hospital we don't have nurses and doctors to staff.

I personally hope the WAFC finally get the balls to tell the public what they really think of the stadium, because only then will we get genuine debate on the stadium issue in Perth, and only then will I be confident that they WAFC haven't been bough off by a secret back-room deal which involves RugbyWA spending the next thirty years in a permanent Tahman Position!

I wonder if Bradshaw wants to attend a meeting with Me, a couple of interested TWFfers and Alexander!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I reckon they should just let the WAFC have Subi.

Then the business case for a rectangular stadium is strong and they can build that and wait 10 years for the AFL to build them their fancy schmansy oval stadium.

vCash
    Actually Gerry, the Subiaco Oval Masterplan cost 280 million bucks.....add 160 million for a dedicated 35000 seat rectangle built from the ground up and you have...let me see!............420 million, is that more or less than 1,100 million?

We could build something like this using the planning funds for Albino Pachyderm!

Last edited by GIGS20; 29-05-08 at 18:35. Reason: Clarifying my point
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Actually Gerry, the Subiaco Oval Masterplan cost 280 million bucks.....add 160 million for a dedicated 35000 seat rectangle built from the ground up and you have...let me see!............420 million, is that more or less than 1,100 million?
    Plus it'd probably mean that it wouldn't take 8 years to build!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Doesnt matter what we think of the new stadium. The problem is the WAFC who have their collective noses in the trough and have for years. They are scarred shitless that their comfy bubble will evaporate. Fong, Bradshaw and co are serial offenders. Dont blame Carpenter or the Labour Party. It has nothing to do with it. WAFC could teach the Freemasons a think or 2. Kolbelke is a wuss!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast