Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sharpe in doubt for France Test

vCash
    I think its a loss to the team, he has a wealth of knowledge and provides a lot of direction for the forward pack, in terms of teaching them and directing them. I also think that him being out for this game, gives a greatopportunity for someone else to step up and see how the go, giving them a bit of experience for when Sharpie needs a replacement again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I rate Mark Chisholm, call him up.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    unlikely he'll be picked again this year if MMM can stay fit.

Here's a good quote form TOCC's link:
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet Rugby
    If he can cart the ball over the gain-line without falling victim to a particularly vicious tackle from a blade of grass he will be at least twice as valuable as Sharpe. If he can resist the urge to stand in the backline calling for the ball to throw a double cut-pass to the winger he will be at least tiwce as valuable as Sharpe. Need I go on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    And when has that ever happened? Walking disaster he is...

vCash
    Many players go through injury periods in their careers then later become quite sturdy. It's only the recent memory you have of him that makes him seem injury prone.

vCash
    Get Well soon Sharpie - it will be hard for anyone to right of that level of experience and skill.

Gotta admit to be disappointed that we only have 1 starting Wallaby this weekend

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Apprentice
    vCash

Here's a good quote form TOCC's link:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Planet Rugby
    If he can cart the ball over the gain-line without falling victim to a particularly vicious tackle from a blade of grass he will be at least twice as valuable as Sharpe. If he can resist the urge to stand in the backline calling for the ball to throw a double cut-pass to the winger he will be at least tiwce as valuable as Sharpe. Need I go on?
    Thats my handy work. I have to say Sharpie has been a big dissapointment these last few years and I'm incredibly excited about seeing the Wallabies free from the burden of Mr. Sharpe, the Fly-half in a Locks body. The man who's 2m frame has cursed him to be stuck in a single figure jersey, the giant lock who would be a inside back if it wasn't for his size, speed and inability to pass or kick under pressure. Sorry guys but as a Western Force supporter I can say without an iota of bias that Sharpie is a cancer who has been slowly destroying the Wallabies from the inside for the past few years. Someone needs to tell him to put his head down and do some real grunt work before I'll respect him as a International class lock. Being good at lineouts and occatioanlly linking with the backs is not good enough to play lock down in Bunburys U/14's B-team.

vCash
    Mumm's the man at lineout time
    AAP - July 4, 2008, 2:10 pm

Wallabies rookie Dean Mumm has been given the extra responsibility of calling the lineout in his starting Test debut against France at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

Mumm, 24, has been called into Australia's pack for the second Test following a groin injury to second-row stalwart Nathan Sharpe.

The NSW Waratahs lock, who has come off the bench in Test wins over Ireland and France, will partner James Horwill (3 caps) in the Wallabies most inexperienced second-row for 20 seasons.

Mumm said he wasn't surprised to be appointed lineout chief after the Wallabies coaching staff had prepared him to call the set-piece if he replaced Sharpe on the field.

Although injured Test lock Dan Vickerman also calls the lineout for NSW in the Super 14, Wallabies coach Robbie Deans said he had full faith in Mumm.

Deans said the Auckland-born forward possessed the same qualities and ability as the highly regarded Vickerman.

Australia A forward Hugh McMeniman has been called onto the bench and can play either lock or flanker but spent much of his time on Friday preparing to run on in the second row.

McMeniman is likely to still turn out for the A-team in their Pacific Nations Cup decider against New Zealand Maori on Sunday in Sydney if he plays less than 20 minutes against France.

Mumms the man at lineout time - Yahoo!7 Sport

vCash
    How did I know 'Turban' 's comment would get groaned at?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    How did I know 'Turban' 's comment would get groaned at?
    Eh? What you on about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turban View Post
    Eh? What you on about?
    There is a system on these forums that you give a thankyou or a 'groan' on certain posts. I expected your post would get groaned by certain people as it is not 100% positive towards a Force player. As critisicm is not a thing that goes well on these forums for some reason.

vCash
    The post gets my groan because I disagree with the comments. Criticism is fine, so long as its justified and in my opinon some of Turban's criticism was not justified and I disagreed. I understand it is Turban's opinion and he/she is entitled to that. I feel that the comments calling Sharpie a cancer and a burden are unwarranted. That is my opinion and instead of writing it I groaned, apologies if anyone feels the groan unneccessary but its my perogative to use the groan/thank function just as much as it is anyone elses. So groan away if you wish....

BLR: its a Force supporters forum, deal with it. Forgive me for supporting the Force players. I think they cop enough crap from different people that they dont need to cop more from me.

Last edited by laura; 04-07-08 at 16:06. Reason: to explain my POV better

vCash
    I thought desicussion forums are people stating their opinions?? I may not agree with Turban's comment but i'm not going to groan them.

I know it's a Force supporters forum but just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean they automatically deserve to be groaned. Genrally thats what a discussion forum is, differing points of view. Like i said i know this is PRO-Force forum, but just because someone doesnt have the same view as you doesnt mean everyone needs to start groaning.

Has everyone been taking their grumpy pills of late???

vCash
    Nice way to welcome the new guy

It's possible that some Force supporters realise that Sharpe really is useless as a lock. Sure he's tall and likes to play in the backline, that doesn't make him the almighty.

How ever will we cope this weekend with only one flyhalf rather than the extra options at first five that Sharpe and Smith normally 'offer'. Perhaps we'll even be able to secure the breakdown.

vCash
    How ever will we cope this weekend with only one flyhalf rather than the extra options at first five that Sharpe and Smith normally 'offer'. Perhaps we'll even be able to secure the breakdown.
    Hoiles is quite accomplished at inside centre.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast