Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All Blacks even it up in Auckland

vCash
    So unprofessional the way the Wallabies did not kick the ball out and end the game when they had nothing to gain. Instead they gifted the All Blacks a bonus point. These competitions are won on bonus points, that was so stupid.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Full credit to the AB's for a stellar performance that provided us with a much needed reality check. I for one would have been happy to stay in my blissfully ignorant bubble but it was well and truly burst yesterday. Feels like I forgot we were playing the AB's in NZ and that we rarely win over there. Got a bit cocky and ahead of ourselves perhaps.

Burgess has so much work to do to reach the required standard for an international half back. The AB's made him look like a school boy! No one can question his dedication and enthusiasm... but he dropped at least 3 highballs and was spilling the ball at integral moments. It became painful to watch and I really felt for him but I think he was left on for too long. Cordingly should have been brought on early in the second half I think to try and settle things a bit. Burgess still has a long way to go.

And I'm not going to blame the ref because the scoreline speaks for itself... but some of those calls by the ref, touch judge and the TMO... I just couldn't wrap my head around them. Smith couldn't either by the looks of things and ultimately had to take matters into his own hands. But couldn't believe not a single yellow card was handed out. Should have been a couple I think for both teams. And I still can't work out how that last try was awarded given he lost it forward and our advantage seemed to magically disappear into a kiwi bonus point.

Lineouts were a disaster and while we were unlucky with a few calls, our scrum still needs a bit of work. We lifted against the boks and the AB's in the last couple of weeks but just looked flat and lacklustre yesterday.

Few moments of brilliance provide a little bit of comfort such as that little piece of Gits magic when he scooped up the ball, kept it in and chased his chip kick only to have it lost forward moments later. That man is a deadset genius.

Again, full credit to the AB's. We did not deserve to win and now we know we can lose and what it feels like so we can pick ourselves up and use it to our advantage.

The AB's may have one hand on the bledisloe... but with 2 games left and 1 win up our sleeves there is plenty of time to put both our hands on it.

Onwards and upwards boys.

Rant over.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Rant over.
    Well if that was a rant it was a pretty accurate one.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Jess is a very level headed ranter

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Burgess has so much work to do to reach the required standard for an international half back. The AB's made him look like a school boy! No one can question his dedication and enthusiasm... but he dropped at least 3 highballs and was spilling the ball at integral moments. It became painful to watch and I really felt for him but I think he was left on for too long. Cordingly should have been brought on early in the second half I think to try and settle things a bit. Burgess still has a long way to go.
    i counted the high balls. he knocked 4 forward, one backwards and caught one. not a good record. cordingly should be getting more time than he is, i dont think burgess is able to handle the intensity (if thats the right word for it) of a test match for the full 80 minutes. he will get there soon i hope

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Lets all chip in and get Burgess one of those high ball machines as an early christmas present.

Though no doubt he has a date with one provided by Aussie Rob every day for the next 2 weeks...

And thanks Shasta!

I made Happy sad...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2