Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies Announce Squad- O'Connor in

vCash
    He played Flyhalf for our under nines this year........better than Cooper, and more ready for international football!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    i am so stoked for james!! im grinning in the middle of business, which is amazingly abnormal, noticed by my teacher
    im so proud of him!! i remember at the brumbies game i asked him if he was gonna be a wallabies or in australia a now and he blushed and said i wish... guess what james! WISHES COME TRUE! im so happy that he got his wish..
    congrats to bambam too, very earnt! joc should buy him a drink, if it wasnt for our bambam he wouldnt have made his s14 debut yet!
    i cant imagine joc getting too much game time. if they picked him to secure him to aussie rugby then im not too impressed, a test cap is earnt by your current performance, not to keep you. but still, he should get one i hope

NO BEALE

THANKYOU SO MUCH ROBBIE DEANS! MY WISH CAME TRUE TOO

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Huge congrats for Rabbit and Bam- I'm sure this is the first of many big things to come for the two of them.

And the photo of James and his dog on Perthnow is so cute- I've almost forgiven him for the flouro spray-on shorts episode

vCash
    If James is 18 years and 80 days and Brian Ford was 18 years and 90 days, does that not make James the youngest ever player? ED: not unless he plays within the next 10 days

While he is the youngest, Pocock has had a pretty impressive year too, with the under 20's captaincy and captaining the Force's development tour.This makes his 3rd tour to the UK, this year, and I think thats worth a mention too.

Congrats to all the other Force boys who got back in to the squad Sharpie, Brownie, Crossy, Gits & Drew.

Last edited by laura; 23-09-08 at 14:17.

vCash
    Congrats to Brownie, Bam Bam and Rabbit - (JOC won't be playing till Deans reckons he has earned it - but it will be worth the wait - Gits reckoned he fluffed on his first Wallabies game so we won't judge if it doesn't go to plan)

Major Kudos to John Mitchell and his team for showing off his finds to us first - really enjoy watching them develop and nearly ready to buy a jersey

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    A very cynical view. But possibly bang on the money.
    Very cynical. And Ben Franks got a kiwi cap on merit too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Very cynical. And Ben Franks got a kiwi cap on merit too
    Is he that Crusaders prop who qualifies for Australia as well? Born in Melbourne i think?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Congrats to all the Force boys, Sharpie, Gits, Rabbit, Bam Bam, Crossy, Brown Dog and Drew. Pretty good nucleus for the Force for next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Is he that Crusaders prop who qualifies for Australia as well? Born in Melbourne i think?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    That's the one, thought he'd been capped but he was only called in as cover vs Samoa... still, sounds like he's next prop in line in NZ, few more tightheads to BaxTAH and he could get the call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    if they picked him to secure him to aussie rugby then im not too impressed, a test cap is earnt by your current performance, not to keep you. but still, he should get one i hope
    We have to face facts. It was probably a consideration. But in all seriousness when you look at the amount of players in Australian Super 14 who have the versatility of O'Connor there aren't many to choose from. He really is probably the best option we have. Perhaps not at international standard just yet but you have to pick the best team from the options available. Furthermore, you have to remember that this spring tour is a development tour. Every game played by the wallabies in the next 3 years and every training session is working towards that bigger goal of the World Cup. If O'Connor is going to grow to international standard and start in the 15 at that World Cup then his training and grooming needs to start now whilst he is still young enough to be moulded. It is not necessarily a bad thing throwing a young guy into the deep end so early on. For sure, it is dangerous and it really can be a make or break outcome like Gigs has pointed out. But given the similarities that O'Connor has in both body and mind to Gits, I'd be willing to bet that he can handle anything that is thrown at him, even failure. He will be the type of person who will learn from it rather than allow it to crush his soul. This is how the greats are made. So let the process start for him this spring. With or without game time, with or without an ulteria motive by the ARU and Deans, this is an invaluable opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    While he is the youngest, Pocock has had a pretty impressive year too, with the under 20's captaincy and captaining the Force's development tour.This makes his 3rd tour to the UK, this year, and I think thats worth a mention too.
    Of course you would Laura Shorts? Though you're absolutely right. In some ways his selection, along side Brownie is even more exciting because there is real possibility for game time for these guys which is going to be incredible to watch.

Last edited by Jehna; 23-09-08 at 15:42.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    good news all round, well done to all included........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    We have to face facts. It was probably a consideration. But in all seriousness when you look at the amount of players in Australian Super 14 who have the versatility of O'Connor there aren't many to choose from.
    He is versatile because he hasn't made any one position his own, mainly due to the fact he's played a handful of Super 14 matches. Hopefully they're taking him along for the tour and maybe a bench spot against Italy.

Really depends on what spot we're taking him over for, I'd have preferred any number of players as backup to Barnes at 10.

vCash
    wooooooo
    go james!!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Well done Rabbit & Davo!! will this be the first 'former' Zimbabwean to play for the Wallabies? anyone know?
    I know we have had three or four South Africans and more than a few South Sea Islanders and even an Argie but I think this is the first Zimbo!!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    as a matter of interest,can someone tell me for how much longer is he contracted to the force
    JOC that is

Last edited by brokendown gunfighter; 23-09-08 at 18:36.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast