Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Giteau explores legal options to leave Force

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    So there is nothing wrong with this then???

ACT whip-round for Giteau - Western Force Rugby Supporters Site

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    So there is nothing wrong with this then???

ACT whip-round for Giteau - Western Force Rugby Supporters Site
    no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The article has said that Gits manager has being talking to possible sponsors for 2009, whilst the Brumbies have being talking to gits about his contract for 2010.

It is all very dubious, but i guess you have to fight fire with fire.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Cool, then when the ARU get back from their pissup you would support them looking into the matter. As you just said if there is nothing wrong why not have a look.

However the Brumbies have now made it public they want him for 09. Giteau is contracted to the Force till the end of the 09 season.

Trot off and change feet TOCC. You are making a fool of yourself.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    no thats actually incorrect, i posted it in another article, but the process is that clubs are allowed to negotiate with a player for the for the seasons he is out of contract.

So basically, the Brumbies are allowed to talk to Giteau about the 2010 season but because he is still contracted for the 2009 season the Brumbies are not allowed to speak about that year or offer him a contract.

Hence why Pocock was talking with the Reds whilst the 2008 season was underway and also why Moore was allowed to sign with the Brumbies whilst the 2008 season was still underway.
    Yes, I know that is how it works. But what I'm saying is that it shouldn't. I don't have a big problem if a guy agrees to go overseas but to agree to sign with another team in the same comp could lead to all sorts of accusations.

Imagine this scenario, and I'm only using Giteau because that is the current situation. Let's say Giteau agrees to join the Brumbies for 2010. At some point this season the Force are going to play a game that affects the Brumbies in some way. If Giteau were to have a "terrible" game it could lead to all kinds of accusations that he purposely played bad for the benefit of the Brumbies.

I know they are professionals and 99% of the players would play their hardest know matter what, but it does leave the door open for accusations to be made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Cool, then when the ARU get back from their pissup you would support them looking into the matter. As you just said if there is nothing wrong why not have a look.

However the Brumbies have now made it public they want him for 09. Giteau is contracted to the Force till the end of the 09 season.

Trot off and change feet TOCC. You are making a fool of yourself.
    If your going to post such groundbreaking stuff as the Brumbies breaking the regulations and rules i would imagine it would make sense to actually post a link to the said article/source!

otherwise dont go calling me a fool

Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Yes, I know that is how it works. But what I'm saying is that it shouldn't. I don't have a big problem if a guy agrees to go overseas but to agree to sign with another team in the same comp could lead to all sorts of accusations.

Imagine this scenario, and I'm only using Giteau because that is the current situation. Let's say Giteau agrees to join the Brumbies for 2010. At some point this season the Force are going to play a game that affects the Brumbies in some way. If Giteau were to have a "terrible" game it could lead to all kinds of accusations that he purposely played bad for the benefit of the Brumbies.

I know they are professionals and 99% of the players would play their hardest know matter what, but it does leave the door open for accusations to be made.
    Sharpe signed with the Reds halfway through the 2005 season, but obviously that was prior to the Force joining the comp so the Reds didnt run into that issue. Same as this year when Moore signed with the Brumbies, the Reds had played the Brumbies early in the season so that issue was also overcome.

The scenario you mention, whilst it is a screwed concept and a situation that you dont whish upon any team, its quite commong in the NRL and it doesnt seem to cause any issues.

vCash
    Digby gave us that bonus point try against the Reds - before signing with them - always wondered if that helped his negotiations ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    If Giteau signs with the Brumbies or 2010 he will still play his best for the Western Force. He's has pride in himself and respect for the Club and its supporters...

The Force will play the Brumbies in Canberra this year. It’s harder for him playing at his hometown. The media are kind to him there and still meet him at the airport every time. They continue to refer to him as Canberra’s favourite son. Furthermore his family are passionate Brumbies supporters and go to all the games. His father Ron Giteau is very respected in the Brumbies community.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

The Force will play the Brumbies in Canberra this year. It’s harder for him playing at his hometown. The media are kind to him there and still meet him at the airport every time. They continue to refer to him as Canberra’s favourite son. Furthermore his family are passionate Brumbies supporters and go to all the games. His father Ron Giteau is very respected in the Brumbies community.
    As a member of this site (along with several others) who was present in Canberra in 07 for the Force-Brumbies game, the fans were not as receptive as the media about his move to the and welcoming him back to Canberra with open arms.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Correct Ox...In fact that night we witnessed some of the most vile supporters I have ever seen. Even the players commented at the taunts they heard from on the field.

vCash
    flamethrower you say you have info which contradicts what i have being saying and makes me a fool, then when i ask you to present the links/sources you smote me instead?

vCash
    TG are you saying that if Gits goes back to Brumbieland he will have to contend with:

a: Taunts from the "fans" in the stands
    b: SMH on his doorstep ever waking hour of the day
    c: Stuck behind Mortlock and George Smith for the captaincy
    d: Long Cold Winters

At this rate he should pay us to play here

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    i lived in canberra for a year, and that city has the worst weather possible, its freezing cold in winter, to the point that you have ice forming on your car windscreen. In summer, its this stupid dry heat that makes in painful to do anything but sit in front of a fan, for about 2 months a year it has really beautiful weather in Autumn and Spring.

On top of that, im assuming that Giteau isnt moving back for the nightlife either, which was a dogs breakfast. I suppose he is a local and sees it a different way though.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Provided Giteau doesn't seek an early release (which would gain him membership to the Mat Rogers complete dickhead club) he doesn't have to sign with anyone until the 2009 Super 14 is over. The only possible reason I could think of him signing with the Brumbies now is that he is worried that offers will be reduced due to economic depression and less sponsors having the cash to put in. He has all the time in the world to wait and see what happens and see if that number goes up.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2