Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharks match 21 March 09 - LIMITED EDITION PINK JERSEY FOR BREAST CANCER

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    How come there are no blokes ones? I don't mind wearing pink for the cause as I love breasts!

Seriously though, I'm sure a lot of blokes would support this charity....if the french can do it so can I!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    You'd look good in a pink blouse TEF

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Indeed, why are there no guys ones? I want to buy Dad one

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Agreed, I opened Eckys attachment to order one and shock horror only womens jerseys.
    As TEF says a lot of men support this organisation as we all have/had mothers,sisters,wive/partners and daughters so I think it is a bit of a shame they have not supplied one.
    This could be an annual fundraiser for the cause as well.

OK thats my two bobs worth.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I agree there should be a blokes Jersey too.

just on a side issue. I need to get something off my chest.

First up I am (like TEF) a big supporter of Breasts, and Breast Cancer Research. But, I am a little disappointed that RugbyWA chose this as a charity to support. Lets face it they aren't exactly struggling for funding. Yes. It was a tragedy when Jane McGrath passed away. But since then and with other publicly known Breast Cancer sufferers like Kylie Minogue and the chick from Married with Children. Breast Cancer awareness and donations, have never had it so good.

Lets for a second talk about Prostate Cancer for Men. Just as prevalent as Breast Cancer for women, and has a similar sort of survival rate, and yet if it wasn't for a personal experience, or paying attention to our Movember information emails and website. No one would know about it. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

But Prostate Cancer cant get the funding that breast cancer gets. Doesn't even come close. Why????

Again - I have no wish to criticise Breast Cancer Research or how it gets its funding - I just wish that there was more of an effort made for a Cancer thats should be just as important.

but at the end of the day - all Cancers are bastards.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    IM SO GETTING ONE

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    But men get breast cancer too exile, its just more problematic in women. Its a bit hard for women to get prostate cancer! ... but I see where you are coming from, perhaps maybe canteen would have been a better choice? perhaps even the Western Australian Institute for Medical Research (I may be biased!) but not only do they do alot of cancer research, they do alot of diabetes research, with a lot of recent break throughs in both fields, however they struggle to get the funding to follow through with alot of the research, putting alot of stuff on the back burner which in turn will take longer for researchers to find cures for these conditions.

But kudos for the Force to support a worthwhile cause none the less!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Not that I don’t approve or will not purchase the jumper but wouldn’t it be better to have something that costs just a little less. After all how many of these do you think they will sell maybe 100 if they advertise well and are lucky?? Say the total proceeds per jumper are $60 that means they will raise around $6000. As you can see they have only arranged for ladies jumpers so you immediately halved on a possible market.

Where as if the sold unisex hats for $30 in the same colour scheme before the game and they sold say 3000 if they advertise well and are lucky?? Say the total proceeds per hat are $15 that means they will raise around $45000. Using this option you can sell to all sex’s and sell more because of price (lets not forget current financial situation).

I am happy to support a team that supports charities in this fashion.

Your thoughts??

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the Prostate Cancer Foundation was a charity partner last year.
    It seems they have 2 different ones every season (the Ronald McDonald annoucment was only in the latter part of last year).

SGR has some good ideas there- maybe there'll be some cheaper gear in the pipeline - they knocked up some "Be a Man" T-Shirts and stuff for Shave Dave Day- so perhaps there'll be more stuff available come the Sharks game.

vCash
    I've been putting this idea to the Force for the last two years. I hoped they would do it for childrens cancer.

I'm not taking anything away from the whole pink breast cancer campaign but there are alot of kids around the world doing it tough when they get this disease as well.

I think the cricket team has got the pink thing covered. John Mitchell and the boys spend a fair amount of time at Ronald Mcdonald house so I am a bit suprised.

In saying that I'll buy one of course.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    How come there are no blokes ones?
    So they can auction the player jerseys?
    (At least, I hope that when they say "The jersey pictured will be worn by the Emirates Western Force when they take on the Sharks at Subiaco Oval next month", they won't be wearing a womens top...)

vCash
    ... but still men like pink ... its the new red

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I wonder if Jess could get a deal happening?

Are you out there Jess????

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I put my name down for one last night. They are gonna call me with some more details (they wouldn't let me order one outright there and then, so I settled for this)

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I wonder if Jess could get a deal happening?

Are you out there Jess????
    Jess isn't at the store for a while and it says all orders to be emailed to Amy Cuthbert, I'd reckon she would be the one to speak to if you wanted something done about getting a blokes jersey.

I think supporting the Breast Cancer Foundation is a great initiative, it shows that they support women's issues as well as bloke's (ie. Movember and Prostate Cancer). There are so many charities out there all in need of support and I think its great that the Force alternate each year so that everyone gets a share of the support. Good on them

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast