Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emotional weekend looms for Western Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    In John Welborns column is todays West liftout he states that in future announcements :-

James O'Connor will re-sign.
    A signing of a new Hooker.
    A signing of a "world class" half.
    He could be a politician... Just tell the people what they want to hear...
    Did he mention any names? or facts attached
    Is Wellborn still the Player spokesman to the Force board?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    goodbye bowlo...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    He could be a politician... Just tell the people what they want to hear...
    Did he mention any names? or facts attached
    Now don't go having a hissy fit, Mud. You know you shouldn't believe everything you read in the press. Could be Wobber is just doing a bit of Brett Harris style speculation and you might still be in the running for JOC's signature, after all.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    No. Sharpie is.

A quiet transition, wasn't announced, but if you check the RWA website you'll see who's listed as members of the RWA board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Now don't go having a hissy fit, Mud. You know you shouldn't believe everything you read in the press. Could be Wobber is just doing a bit of Brett Harris style speculation and you might still be in the running for JOC's signature, after all.
    I'd just hate to see you guys get all pumped up over Welborn's mutterings only to see you all be disappointed next month...

Albeit, when the announcement is made, I hope TWF members don't post negatives about the kid as they have about other high performers who have chosen to move along to another province....

vCash
    I'd just hate to see you guys get all pumped up over Welborn's mutterings only to see you all be disappointed next month...

Too easy.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Albeit, when the announcement is made, I hope TWF members don't post negatives about the kid as they have about other high performers who have chosen to move along to another province....
    Then we can pre-empt that. I think that JO'C moving to the Brumbies would be a decision that lacks thought. I have no objection to him moving back to the Reds if he wanted to be close to his friends but he doesn't need to move to the Brumbies to make the Wallabies and he doesn't need to move to the Brumbies to develop as a player. JO'C should want to be the next JO'C and not the next Giteau and moving to the Brumbies seems like something of a cowards way out. Following the piper rather than thinking/doing anything for yourself. I think he will regret it if he goes there. Just as I think a talented young guy like Josh Holmes now regrets going to the Brumbies.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I was under the impression that James was still waiting to see who we signed as a replacement for Gits. He has huge talent and I agree James that he should want to be JO'C not the next Giteau, but he needs a a good 10 to partner with....i think that is a fair call to make in terms of the development of his game. He's brilliant but he still has some learning to do. I agree though that i'm not convinced a move to the Brumbies will help there though

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Perhaps I am too much of an optimist or perhaps I am just missing something but I still don't see why noone considers Daruda worthy/ready to be the Force's full time 10. I can appreciate that you need more than just one but he was the first choice 10 for our first few games back in 2006 and surely since then he has developed as a player. From what I have seen of him recently (in the UK and the Crusaders pre-season) he would be good enough with JO'C outside him and a successful Force pack.

If JO'C does end up leaving the Force can we at least have Julian Huxley. I always liked him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Senior Player
    vCash
    JO'C would be a great 10 himself. And I think Shepherd can be transformed into a world class 10 - only now we need him at fullback.

vCash
    The is dead long live the
    i.e this season is finished but next year is a whole new story - my dream is that we end up like the chiefs team with reconisable combinations next year so that we have more excitment in watching our team play.

Hodgson mentioned for wallabies selection
    Shepherd fully fit and depinned
    Cummins coming of age and knocking Turiquri out of the wallabies
    Sheenan improve out of sight and Deans drooling at the prospect of choosing between a gits/valentine combo or a JOC sheenan combo, or a Gits Joc combo
    Mr Tinks waves his magic wand over our forwards again and we just marvel at the pushover tries

What I'm trying to say is that we have a team of individuals playing together successfully and that the comradeship that we glimpse from time to time (bam bam and brown) transcends the entire team.

Will shed a tear for Stanners and Taipan leaving, Castle may return any time his previous contract expires. Gits and Drew I wish them happiness - can't imagine much happiness in Canberra but god know we're all different for a reason.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    The is dead long live the
    i.e this season is finished but next year is a whole new story - ....
    Couldn't have said it better. No more about this from me..I'm a member next year and nothing will change that, unless ofcourse the Force is (also) transferred/traded.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Last Sunday John Wellborn was at Indianna Tea House having lunch with James O'Connor and his parents. Not sure what that means in terms of his article but whether or not he is still the players spokesman he is still fighting hard for the Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j_9 View Post
    Last Sunday John Wellborn was at Indianna Tea House having lunch with James O'Connor and his parents.
    Or maybe explaining what a great idea it would be to open an Investec account for all the money coming his way for the next decade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2