Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rathbone released from Brumbies

vCash
    i think the term "irked" comes to mind when i read xenophobic comments like that ox. -(maybe ive taken it out of context but im not alone)

lets not forget where every european Australian originated from... just because you were born here doesnt give you the right to castigate those that choose to move here.. by doing so youre castigating youre own heritage, this great nation has been built on the backs of migrants like Clyde and your ancestors.. lets not sully that by making cheap comments like that.
    Just remember one of our best players - Pocock is also a migrant as is DHP.

We take a lot of pride in our heritage but we also understand and embrace the patriotism in being Australians as im sure Clyde and his family have done.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I could say exactly the same for Sheps right now Jargs...how dare he be injured? Or how about Junior? Seriously...grow up.
    You left out Lachlan "Are you with HBF" MacKay

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    i think the term "irked" comes to mind when i read xenophobic comments like that ox. -(maybe ive taken it out of context but im not alone)

lets not forget where every european Australian originated from... just because you were born here doesnt give you the right to castigate those that choose to move here.. by doing so youre castigating youre own heritage, this great nation has been built on the backs of migrants like Clyde and your ancestors.. lets not sully that by making cheap comments like that.
    Just remember one of our best players - Pocock is also a migrant as is DHP.

We take a lot of pride in our heritage but we also understand and embrace the patriotism in being Australians as im sure Clyde and his family have done.
    He was just kidding.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post

Dude... seriously- Xenophobic???

I can't see anyone making a value judgement one way or the other about Rathbone as a person or about his work as a rugby player that has anything to do with where he was born.

Honestly, where exactly is it suggested that anyone "dislikes or is scared by" Rathbone by virtue of his being of South African origin, thereby actually demonstrating xenophobia??

Feel free to continue casting aspersions on those of Australian origin though, cos we're all racists anyway...

Good luck to Clyde in the future. Shame he didn't get to spend more time on the field.

Last edited by Swee_82; 27-05-09 at 11:01.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    And I wonder whether Digby is looking at Clyde's history when thinking about his options....?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    I can't see anyone making a value judgement one way or the other about Rathbone as a person or about his work as a rugby player that has anything to do with where he was born.
    Ox simply had a dig at the Brumbies recruitment practices, however mudskipper (who is himself not shy about having digs at a certain teams recruitment practices) turned it into a race issue and Zim got a little confused by the context mudskipper placed on ox's comments ....

Last edited by Darren; 27-05-09 at 11:09. Reason: more

vCash
    its all in the context guys... as long as there is scope for misenterpretation there will always be those that seize apon it...
    I agree however that my comments did not help the matter and for that i apologise..
    Muddie its all your fault!

vCash
    In fairness, this thread is about thanking Clyde for his commitment to Australian rugby and celebrating what a great talent he was. It isn't a thread about criticising the recruiting tactics of the Brumbies (which to be honest mirror much of what the Force has done in the past). So lets not spoil yet another thread with shit slinging at muddie and get back to talking about what we used to talk about on TWF all the time - rugby.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    In fairness, this thread is about thanking Clyde for his commitment to Australian rugby and celebrating what a great talent he was. It isn't a thread about criticising the recruiting tactics of the Brumbies (which to be honest mirror much of what the Force has done in the past). So lets not spoil yet another thread with shit slinging at muddie and get back to talking about what we used to talk about on TWF all the time - rugby.
    Aw---don't be a party pooper jehna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2