Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LESSONS FOR THE FORCE IN OPENING TRIAL

vCash
    We should of expected this, the Stormers fans would be annoyed if they lost this, and im guessing the South African media would have not been kind at all too them which is not good 2 weeks before the season. Where as force were out there to actually warm up for the s14 and not to win.

The Warm up games are not about winning at all, but i think the sharks will also be taking it a little more seriously than the force, so another 30+ loss coming up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    The Coach works in mysterious ways?

There is nothing on the Wing that a Pro Scrumhalf may not need to handle during the course of the match, I wouldn't be getting to tied up by it all.
    expect a pro opposition winger....

let us hope he has more to call on before the season kicks off against the Brumbies...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner View Post
    expect a pro opposition winger....

let us hope he has more to call on before the season kicks off against the Brumbies...
    George Gregan making "That Tackle" may prove otherwise.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    point taken.... But not the case this time... I thought the Force signed another winger in the off season to replace Spanner.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Who player Hooker? Reports are the scrum did well against the Stormers pack...

vCash
    a bit early to get too concerned, if we get done by the reds by a similar amount at mes, that would be a worry, after all there called pre season games for a reason.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Outside backs........... this will always be our weak area for 2010 dont rate Sare at all pretty boy who's defense is crap rebels next year for sure! like to see DLH on the wing with Cummins or Sheps

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner View Post
    point taken.... But not the case this time... I thought the Force signed another winger in the off season to replace Spanner.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Who player Hooker? Reports are the scrum did well against the Stormers pack...
    Joelin Rapana was signed when Cummins got his injury. I don't think the guy is a serious chance of a start. He doesn't seem to have a lot of Rugby Union pedigree. Looks like it will be Shepherd and Sare until Cummins in back which is ok- both have been with the club from year one and are experienced enough in the Super 14. I do wish the Force hadn't released Staniforth. He was playing really well at the end of 2009 and he can cover 12 too.

According to match reports Ben Whittaker was the starting hooker. He'll be thanking his lucky stars that Sharpie will be back and calling the line-outs after Saturdays game.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Fumbling fullkbacks, scrumhalfs winging it, boxing props, winged wingers... All this pales into insignificance when confronted with the fact that we no longer have a gold jersey!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    dont rate Sare at all pretty boy who's defense is crap
    Anyone who gets his jaw busted by a Scrummie can't be too tough

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Sure, that well worn line always comes out, "it is just a trial match and we are not too worried about the result". If you are not worried about the result why take 22 people to South Africa when we can just as easily get our butts kicked here.

It is worrying that our second string guys appear to be TOTALLY out of their depth.

You have to ask yourself honestly, why are they in the S14? Why bother developing them? We are in the S14 to win are we not?

Their lack of form suggest to me, if we get injuries (which will happen) we are f.ucked.

They copped a routing thats all there is to it and frankly in my opinion it is not acceptable. Not by that margin.

Mitch perhaps needs to focus on winning this year, the patiance is wearing thin. Start as you mean to finish and all that.

Hasta la vista Pam

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    They were blitzed in the first half sure and but the second half was a much more even affair.

You only have to look at the starting backs line-up of 11. Joelin Rapana 12. Tatapu 13. Mitch Inman 14. Mark Swanepoel and 15. DHP and ask yourself how many Super rugby caps do these guys have between them. I'm pretty sure you can count it on two hands. 3 of them haven't played in the Super 14 and the other two are rookies with about 5 caps each. They were always going to get torn to shreds by Springboks the likes of Habana and Jaque Fourie not to mention many other talented Stormers backs. Outside of DHP and Tatapu none of those guys have ever played together against a side that is much more comfortable with each other. Are you really that surprised that that happened? None of those guys are looking to be starting players so is it really that big a deal. Sure if we have 5 players out injured the alarm bells will ring but seriously no big deal.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    mitch needs to focus on winning , why change this season?... He's been average up to now, with all the depth that we've lost in the previous squads , lets see what he can do with this years squad that he recruited ...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    the next game against the sharks will be a better guide, I think it will be closer to the starting lineup for the brumbies

Champion
    vCash
    Joelin Rapana played last year for the Burleigh Bears in the Local Queensland Rugby League Competition, not sure if he's ever pulled on a "15s" jumper before ?

Sharkies will be a "trial and error" game with the guns out for the reds at TWF Stadium, as long as we are ready and raring to go for the brumbies clash thats all i want.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    as long as he doesn't get too many reds

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast