Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Western Force Super 14 preview By Greg Clark

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    John Mitchell should stay.

With us still relying heavily on eastern states imports, JM has become one of the stable senior influences here in the West.

He is walking talking proof that you can move to Perth and make a life and career of it, and by all accounts here is here for life - Force or no Force.

If we want long term commitment from imported players, we need him.

You don't need the most wins (home or otehrwise) to get to the finals, you need the most premiership points. Under John Mitchell the Western Force have the enviable record of every year since its inception winning more premiership points than the previous year.

If John Mitchell does this again this year - finals or not I will be mightily impressed.

We also defeated every other Australian team in 2009.

This is proof enough for me of his suitability for the job, coupled with the stability he now represents, he is the only coach currently practicing who I think is suitable for the role.

Any other coach would be seen as temporary, and would likely attract like players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    never have I mentioned that mitch has had a shit squad, [to be fair I been questioning mitchs coaching ability at s14 level for a couple of years] there was a heap of quality there last year, a load of international players , and four seasons on the board..........
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    For those who choose to view Coaches in that manner, and I appreciate there are many, I would suggest judging Mitch on 2011, not 2010.
    If there isn't a respectable placing then, fair enough, the knives should start coming out, but as Gigs indicated, the last few years haven't been business as usual for whoever was coaching at the time.
    I find it interesting that in some quarters, both media and supporters, there's almost a double standard of expectation where it is said along the lines of, "The Force have lost all these great players (insert the usual suspects) .... if Mitch doesn't perform this year he should go!"
    FFS on the one hand you are saying he has a shit Squad, on the other you are saying he should turn that shit Squad into world beaters...
    KPI's Burgs
    dont acheive them & its the old DCM

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A smart leader will know to balance them with mitigating circumstances before making rash decisions though.
    A progressive attitude to Coaching appointments hasn't seemed to change to fortunes of the Reds in the same time frame.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I still reckon he deserves his contract being played out, and a decision being made then.

How much influence do we thing John Mitchell had on those big names signing, and really how much of the prima donna thing preceeded their time at the force. My username is testament to Matt Giteau's reputation upon his signing, he sure didn't have the stink on the way in that he does now! Similarly, Mitchell was a Wunderkind who faltered in his second international season and Valentine was a journeyman who wasn't getting game time at the Tahs........I didn't hear much about him then (or now as a matter of fact)

Sure there might have been some due diligence applied, but I just don't think Giteau looked that bad in 2007! so what does Mitch do when the treasury's been cleaned out and some funny-haired little upstart weighs in with I'm playing 10 or I'm not playing........
    I guess the board was in favour of keeping the investment happy...I say that because they similarly didn't tell Gits to go f@*k himself when he organised the player revolt against the coach. Mitch has earned another two years from me, but if he doesn't produce a decent season in 2010, he probably should move on.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I still reckon he deserves his contract being played out, and a decision being made then.

How much influence do we thing John Mitchell had on those big names signing, and really how much of the prima donna thing preceeded their time at the force. My username is testament to Matt Giteau's reputation upon his signing, he sure didn't have the stink on the way in that he does now! Similarly, Mitchell was a Wunderkind who faltered in his second international season and Valentine was a journeyman who wasn't getting game time at the Tahs........I didn't hear much about him then (or now as a matter of fact)
    when drew mitchell and wendell sailor were still at the Reds, drew called he called himself the 'white dell', as in he was the white version of wendell sailor in terms of narcissism

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2