Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stormers -v- Force Match Report

vCash
    Also if a few of the guys were that crook, why start or include them in the 22? Having gastro is horrible enuff let alone running around with it as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Very disappointing, irrespective of gastro situation. We were one dimensional, had no plan B and the handling was reminiscent of pass the parcel at a 5 year olds birthday party. This performance is same same as many under Mitchell – are we moving on or rehashing the failures o the past? We have the talent and experience in the squad to be contenders, so why do we fail again to string more than two good performances together? The Rebels will devour us if we perform like this

vCash
    All eyes on Ripia next week methinks.. OConnor got shown up last night despite scoring all the points he doesnt have the passing game that is needed to be an effective 10 particularly against a team regarded for its defence...

vCash
    Pants.

We didn't seem to be able to string it together, and didn't seem to have enough blokes on the field. When we decided to line up in defence rather than commit numbers to the breakdown, we seemed to end up with players MIA. Their strategies seemed as incoherent as I was by the end of the match.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    All eyes on Ripia next week methinks.. OConnor got shown up last night despite scoring all the points he doesnt have the passing game that is needed to be an effective 10 particularly against a team regarded for its defence...
    His individual brilliance is what has got all the pundits talking. Fly half is still work in progress, especially with reajusting strategy when the team is getting smashed repeatedly short of the gain line. Work we can't afford in the present circumstances. If Ripia is right to go he'll play 5/8, with James moving in one spot when/if Willie runs out of puff or we get to a situation where a game is already well won.

With the virus situation as it's been reported, it's best to put that match out of mind and focus on next week.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ripia is contracted until the end of next year by which time Kyle Godwin should be another option. I don't see the point in keeping O'Connor at 10 regardless of how well he is playing. Ask him where he wants to play and put him there.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ask him where he wants to play and put him there.
    What if the answer is 5/8?

But seriously, we don't have depth there and I think it might still be prudent to give him time. Godwin didn't play in the "A" side. Bart did and he will not be around in 2013, for that matter maybe JOC won't either (God forbid). There's no guarantee that Godwin will (a) make S14 level (b) stay at the Force. We need other options including recruiting another 10.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    They played like shite! Do wed have a defence coach or an attack coach?
    If they play like that next week the Rebels will score a 100.
    Bloody disapointing gastro or no gastro.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash

Last nites game

well i was disappointed... all that good work last week.... back to the old thing consistency I would like to see a few changers this week.
    Stannard in at 9
    Charles in at 2
    Cummins 11 out Malfi
    Delwit (?) in at 13, I thought he was hungrey for the play
    I like the reserve flanker too.. name ??

Very disappointed in Browns and Sheps game.. shit the REbels will be fired up going to be a great game

vCash

What painful viewing eh. I hope the gastro reports are true as it was like we were watching a different side. Anyone spot Sheps in 1st half - what happened to Plan A, B and C "Sheps punts into their 22 following restart" epic fail team, bungle after bungle, mediocrity from officials, Sharpie's neck elongations and the commentators completely ignoring it during replays just made me even more

Will the real (and fit) turn up next week please.

vCash
    Reserve flanker would have been Tevita Metisula

C'mon the

vCash
    Difficult to slate the boys too much for their performers if most of them had gastro. Even if you are no longer sick, you feel drained and lethargic - and it showed on the night. Add to that a brand new 12 who only joined the club on the flight out to SA, so no cohesion in the back-line.

One or two stand-out performances (the not sick?)

I don't see much of a difference between Whittaker and Charles, so I'd like to see Charles get a start or two.
    Stannard plays 9 with a different style to Sheehan, and I'd like to see us mix them up a bit, to play not just to our stengths but also the opposition's weaknesses.

vCash
    i believe 4 of them had gastro
    Cummo, Mafi, Dellit and Fairbanks... Forwards had no excuses but With Mafi and Cummo on the field the biggest effect this wouldve had would have been psycological.. nothing worse then going into a game knowing youre not at your best and the same thoughts will be going through everyone in the team... there was no way they were going to play well if they were up all night:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...-1226028925353

vCash
    i'm keen to keep cummings at centre. in fact mostly our back line has been good i think?? the stormers have been damn good this year remember.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, the backs have been good, but not a lot of penetration... They never have any line breaks from sustained pressure, it is always off of a turn over/counter attaack.

The only line breaks come through individual brilliance... they should be able to combine to get a break...

Whilst good, they do worry me...

I like Mafi (especiqally over smith atm) on the wing, and nick at 13... i do like gene, but as above, seems to be no penetration... maybe with willie fit, he goes to ten, JOC to 12 and gene either out or benched... the back line needs attack work, thats for sure...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast