Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FORCE ON TRACK TO FILL HEAD COACH ROLE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    so,as I see it the 4 main contenders for the coaching job is someone who's just been sacked by SF,one who coached Sydney uni.,a kiwi whose also looking at going home to coach the blues and someone whose coached Ireland to 3 6 nations titles,taken them to 2 world cups and also taken the USA to 2 others.Ummmmmm;I don't understand what the problem of selection is;could someone please help me out?
    O'Sullivan never won the 6 Nations - he won the Triple Crown (beating England, Scotland and Wales) 3 times, but each time lost to France.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    so,as I see it the 4 main contenders for the coaching job is someone who's just been sacked by SF,one who coached Sydney uni.,a kiwi whose also looking at going home to coach the blues and someone whose coached Ireland to 3 6 nations titles,taken them to 2 world cups and also taken the USA to 2 others.Ummmmmm;I don't understand what the problem of selection is;could someone please help me out?
    He's probably our best bet, but his track record is deceiving. Winning 6n titles and triple crowns have to be put in to perspective, there are some years when the competition is weak, this year Ireland, Scotland, Italy & France were all pretty poor. England & Wales were the only contenders. Also he was coaching Ireland when during the 2007 world cup, when they had the ignominious early exit during the pool stages. He's the best of a bad bunch, I just hope we are not looking at him as the second coming & end up paying through the nose.

vCash
    O'Sullivan is a backstabbing bastard - just ask Warren Gatland.

Do we really need one of them around ?? Haven't we had enough trouble in the last six years ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    O'Sullivan never won the 6 Nations - he won the Triple Crown (beating England, Scotland and Wales) 3 times, but each time lost to France.
    A lot of good coaches have lost to France in World Cups......most of them New Zealanders

C'mon the

vCash
    You just cant trust the French!

Rookie
    vCash
    O'sullivan would have to have been successful with other teams to have gotten the Irish job in the first place though-or really good with a blade-bodies strewn everywhere on his way to the top.Why can't we be possitive and say Qld have RG and we replaced him with the ex-Irish coach.That HAS to be a step in the right direction if we wipe away all the doom &gloom,poor us attitudes.

vCash
    Unless its an Irish joke %)

But yes, I agree that replacing RG with a moderately successful international is the way to go, a positive statement of intent
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Bring back Mitchell once the Lions fold. Time for the coach to take control of the team and bring back some accountability. The coaching structure recently has been weak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Bring back Mitchell once the Lions fold. Time for the coach to take control of the team and bring back some accountability. The coaching structure recently has been weak.
    Thats a joke right?

vCash
    Terrible idea, you can't go backwards you have to move forward!.. I'll maybe have to update JM's coaching stats at super rugby level!, they don't make for good reading......
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Mitchell did coach the Lions to victory in the Curry Cup. Maybe he's evolved as a coach in the last 2 years. I know it's not going to happen anyway. I just want to see a respected and highly qualified coach in the job who isn't neccisarily there to be the players best mate but will make the hard calls and drop guy's for having shitty form. The Force need to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck and dragged kicking and screaming in the right direction, that is better on-field results.

vCash
    isn't neccisarily there to be the players best mate but will make the hard calls and drop guy's for having shitty form.
    Matt giteau, drew Mitchell, nuff said
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I reckon Eddie O'Sullivan would be a bad call.

He doesn't know the competition. He doesn't know the players. He hasn't really been top level coaching for a while so he probably doesn't have the kind of prestige you would need to attract Australian players. I think the main reason Jake White has been so successful is that he has had Stephen Larkham on board with him.

You also have to consider that Declan Kidney knocked the Irish team up a notch the year he came in. What does that say about Eddie's ability to get the best out of his players?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    ...I think the main reason Jake White has been so successful is that he has had Stephen Larkham on board with him...
    And many observers are also saying Laurie Fisher, who has returned to club and got the forwards working without any ego or angst at not being top dog
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by sittingbison; 20-05-12 at 09:55.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I reckon Eddie O'Sullivan would be a bad call.
    This

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast