Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forlorn Force wait on Foley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    at this point in time bison, i'd take winning ugly. seeing as winning ugly is still winning
    Tahrds have had a whole season of ugly, but there has been precious little of winning.

I don't want to have ANYTHING to do with how, what or why the Tahrds play.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    bisson I just hope it doesn't come to that.
    We still need people like you that have the passion.
    IF we do get Foley I think a lot of us will be disappointed but it's starting to sound as though we will have to take who ever's available now.
    If it was down to me I would be going to Mitch, cap in hand and ask him to come back as the coach we need.
    So if the ES Media is correct the EWF have made offers to 2 blokes who never formally applied for the position. No need to go back to John Mitchell. I would have been happy to see Mulvihill be given a crack. Im sure his motives are the most sincere of all the applicants who seem to come across as mercernary as players these days.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    If it were the Eagles the eastern states journos would be involving the 'drug culture' as to why we're still without a coach, and yes a few of them still do bring it up.

SNOB is spot on but the 3 reasons we can't attract a top coach are;

1) Player power - no one wants to coach a team when they can't be the coach
    2) RWA seem to be as competent as the Nazis in Hogans Heroes
    3) ARU are as competent as RWA
    First impressions....Vern Reid and his board dont give a whole lot of confidence to a new candidate, after they read the history of RWA and EWF contracts both players and staff, over the past few year. Stuff all these high profile players... get Sharpie to coach the lads, at least u will know what they are buying

Contract bulls up
    Graham
    Gits
    Drew Mitchell
    JOC
    John Mitchell
    Genia

there must be a few more

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I am feeling.....very.....Forlorn.

vCash
    wrong man for the job

nuff said

The Board has to go

fall on your swords you belters

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    winning ugly is still winning
    True and even the reTahds get away with it a fair bit. The Force have managed it too. Against the Tahds, the Lions, the Cheetahs and a few others.

But to win CONSISTENTLY in Super Rugby and beat teams like The 'Saders, Reds, Shorks etc you have to score more points than them - and they score heaps. So you need to base your game on defending well. Then you need to attack, attack, attack. Then counter-attack and then attack some more. Like the boys did against the Reds. F@ck winning ugly! I don't stump up my membership to see boring Rugby - winnig or losing.

If Foley can bring that - OK. I've said a few times I don't see how a one year coach can get blames for 20 years of under-achievment. I reckon the largest part of the blame for the NSW conservative ethos for the past decade was their long time skipper. He was renowned for killing any adventurous game plan put together by the coaches. I think Grumbles was hinting that he may become CEO a week or so back. Back to the futurem for them.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    a fear we are going to be one of the very few teams that when our new choke, coach is announced most people are going to sigh...

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Dismal management. Just plain awful. No update to supporters. Our money helps keeps these monkeys employed. Don't we matter?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    anyone know how to over through an evil dictatorship?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    a fear we are going to be one of the very few teams that when our new choke, coach is announce most people are going to sigh...
    After 17 weeks it will probably be a sigh of relief that RugbyWA actually appointed someone!

But as Andy said the fact that it will potentially be someone who didn't apply for the job is a bit of a joke. If the Force told the other candidates that were interviewed that they hadn't got the job (which I swear I read somewhere) and they had their man before Cheika signed on the dotted line it is very amaturish by RWA bordering on incompetence

vCash
    And as Poey is now in Syderrrrny for the Wallabies camp for a couple of weeks (?) I don't imagine we'll hear anything soon about what he's decided to do either

Senior Player
    vCash
    Unless they sign a quality backs coach I don't see the point of hiring someone like Foley.

We would have the best forward pack in the comp with Foley as head coach (an ex hooker) and Stiles as forwards coach (an ex prop) and no backline coach with the worst backline in the comp.

I am sure their intention was to announce this when they got back from NZ but it has all gone pear shaped.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Ahem...let's not be fooled into thinking this is either sudden or forced. Does no-one else remember http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...628-215av.html? It quite clearly identifies Cheika's decision as the pivotal point, and look at the date.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Ahem...let's not be fooled into thinking this is either sudden or forced. Does no-one else remember http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...628-215av.html? It quite clearly identifies Cheika's decision as the pivotal point, and look at the date.
    IMHO you are right on the money AndyS, I was looking for this article the other day.

I have a feeling that in about two and half weeks time we might be drawn back to this article.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    2.5 you say?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast