Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: YTF does it have to be in Margaret River?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gold Coast, Dubai?

As soon as Grylls loses his pitch for the Pilbara seat he is contesting and the Liberals win power in their own right after the election, the Royalties for Regions pork barrell will be tossed out quicker than a dead cat's carcass.

I'm all for well thought out, consultative and realistic innovations, but the Cup that nobody wants to play for is hardly that. More like the thought bubble of a desperate third tier RugbyWA aparatchik trying to sidetrack his tormentors for long enough that he can find himself another job.

And the idea of international sevens in WA is great. But Margaret River as a venue? There aren't enough hotel rooms in the town to host a tiddlywinks convention, let alone a sevens tournament hosting such worthies as Dunsborough and the Bunbury City Bulls.

By the way, did you enjoy the RugbyWA Council meeting this week?

Pity that Nedlands, Cottesloe, Kalamunda and Associates didn't see fit to attend.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by fulvio sammut; 24-02-13 at 12:03. Reason: correcting an error

vCash
    I agree with fillip here. Margaret river is we'll short of infrastructure when compared to any of the destinations on the sevens tour.

just think of the stadia available in gold coast, Wellington, Hong Kong, Dubai....they Rte better than nib and one of the reasons Adelaide has No longer got the gig.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    the cup comp may not be popular with all (especiall Wanneroo and Baysie) but change is needed.
    I think you will find that not one Premier Grade club supported the Wednesday night comp. But when it came to showing the faces publicly they backed down (didn't want to upset their RugbyWA masters ) and left it to Wanneroo and Baysie.
    Want proof of that. Fulvoi was right where were Nedlands, Cottesloe, Kalamunda ? I think Rocy were there.
    Everyone should support some change but forcing clubs to play a midweek game of no signifcance did seem pretty ridiculous. And yes they were trying to force it on clubs by telling them if they didn't help out then they wouldn't get extra Championship points.
    was

vCash
    The cup comp isn't about bonus comp points, it's about giving clubs with ambition like Joondalup, Mandurah, ARKS etc matches of a higher competitive nature to allow the improvement in standard necessary to expand the premier grade comp in a couple of years. You can't just promote a club that isn't competitive. They need to prove they can compete at the level hence get them ready by giving them matches against stronger opposition.
    My mail on why certain clubs didn't show on Wednesday is that they have accepted that these changes are for the benefit of all WA rugby and didn't wan't to be part of the Nick Taylor and Allister Milligan shit dribble-a-thon. The majority have pledged support for change, it's just a couple of self interested sticklers can't get their heads around it.
    As for Margaret River, build it and they will come.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gold Coast, Dubai?

As soon as Grylls loses his pitch for the Pilbara seat he is contesting and the Liberals win power in their own right after the election, the Royalties for Regions pork barrell will be tossed out quicker than a dead cat's carcass.

Mr Grylls very popular in India. Did you know his family are from Chenai?

1.15 Mr Grylls, 4.25 his opponent.
    11.00 for Mr Whathisface to win government.

Son of Gupta. Best Odds. Velly Good.
    Nominated by Mr Shasta as the "Peoples Bookie of the Year 2021"

vCash
    We can't be all small thinking myopic Perth rugby centro-metrophyles forever if we want rugby to grow. It is important to have a big vision and to expand rugby in this state.

If we build it they will come

I am a fan of big thinking and expanding the game....both metro and regional

Why do rugby players need accomodation? In the day it was normal to drink until the sun came up and sleep on the beach. Should one strike lucky, there was always a bed for the night and breakfast in the morning as well.

If the vision for the Margs 7's is to be part of the international circuit, what a grand vision to buy into.

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Player
    vCash
    Dear Fulvio,
    Lovely piece of rhetoric there at Post 16. Very lyrical. I need to just correct you though. You never support any well thought out innovation. You get hold of half the story and launch a tirade slagging RugbyWA.... usually about why it is uncomfortable for you personally or.... does'nt fit with your rugby political agenda.... or how its all a plot to trip up Palmyra.
    When thinking about Margaret River....... A good comparison to think about is the Kiama 7s in NSW. One of the best and most popular 7s events in Australia. Why not try and have something like that in WA.
    Some people are keen to build rugby in WA. The Community Rugby crowd at RWA have gone and found some funding, a great location for a weekend away got the support of the WA clubs. Sounds pretty good to me. More power to them I say......
    C'mon, get on board Fulvio... its way more enjoyable and you are a man with much more to offer than just being someone sitting in a corner all alone gnawing on the ends of old plots and perceived insults. (See I can be rhetorical as well).

Last edited by Political BS; 23-02-13 at 16:13. Reason: text error

Champion
    vCash
    I think the point is being missed here. The majority of Premier Grade clubs - and yes it is the majority - see the need for expansion However that same majority rightly objected to being forced by RugbyWA to field a side for three extra Wednesday night games and be told that if they didn't do it then they would lose out because they would not be awarded the extra Club Championship points. What coach in his right mnd is going to put out his best players in that sort of game anyway when they are already training twice a week either side of the game.
    But, a compromise was reached. The Championship teams will now play Premiership clubs twice. I think they will play in a pre-season game and then when the competition has a bye. Whether it will show where the Championship clubs stand against the Premier clubs is still a mute point because I still don't think clubs will send out their best players.

Player
    vCash
    Dear Wholetruth,
    Just a little correction.... Moot point.
    At Least RWA is doing something and trying to make things better.
    The Premier Clubs want to play together and have all grades at the same venue on the same day. The Championship Clubs need to play at a higher level to improve.
    Your proposal is????
    So far all you have said is it won't work and Premier clubs will sabotage the thing.
    What is your proposal???
    I remember Fulvio's proposal from another thread went something like RWA should grow some cohunas and tell the Championship clubs to naff off. Is that what you think??
    At the same time remember where Wanneroo and Rockingham were 7 or so years ago when RWA supported them coming up to Prems. Wanneroo now opposing second tier clubs getting a sniff of an opportunity. How disappointing!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Wests got done by Neddies in final.Neddies won 2500, winner of bowl got 1000,winner of cup got 500,we know what to do next year

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Tank?

Rookie
    vCash
    Confirm that Rockingham had their two reps at the Wednesday night meeting Fulvio.

vCash
    Ummm smashed!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    PBS.
    Perhaps I was being too clever for my own good. "Mute" point because of the deathly silence from most of the clubs who said privately that they were against the Wed Comp but when it came to putting their voice to it were strangely quiet.
    I don't think it is necessarily Wanneroo and Rocky not wanting the Championship clubs to grow - although obviosuly I can't speak for them, but the way in which RugbyWA tried to force the games through.
    As I said. First steps have been taken with what I understand is two games for them instead of three.
    As you may remember years ago under the Premier and District split Wanneroo challenged year after year for promotion after smashing the District Comp but when it came to the challenge the weighting of points was always loaded in the Premier clubs favour.
    That is certainly not the answer.
    As I have said before, increasing the number of Premier clubs will, I believe, weaken the standard even further.

Player
    vCash
    I think the main problem for Wanneroo in those challenge games was that they got slaughtered by 60 or 70 points in the "Premier first team" v "District first team" games.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast