Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Australia v France 3rd Test - TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

vCash
    Did anybody feel like this test was being used as a warm up run for the Waratahs squad members?

In the last ten minutes, the only non-tah who got their hands on the ball consistently was Benny Mac.

Folau looked like he'd been watching too much origin, continued to die with the ball when other runners were in better positions, only chose to offload when he was effectively tackled and then only when it was a hospital pass for his teammates. It appeared that HoneyBadger's job was to run decoy lines and get the heat off Folau and clean out when he doesn't get the ball (which was any ruck where he didn't receive the kick)

Nice to the the Wobblies have a good win, but disappointing that the talents of the whole country weren't used well.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Yes Gigs I agree that HB now seems to have a roving forwards job. More clean outs from a wing than I've ever seen or would expect too.
    Foloa ( despite heeped praise from FOX) doesn't appear to be abel to pass when he should, but apart from that isn't to shabby!
    Good result.
    Our boys all seemed to come through with out injury so a great result for them and the Force.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I actually got the impression a couple of times that Folou really didn't want to pass the ball out to Cummins. HB did what he did well, but wasn't really given much opportunity to stretch his legs and show his stuff

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Did anybody feel like this test was being used as a warm up run for the Waratahs squad members?

In the last ten minutes, the only non-tah who got their hands on the ball consistently was Benny Mac.

Folau looked like he'd been watching too much origin, continued to die with the ball when other runners were in better positions, only chose to offload when he was effectively tackled and then only when it was a hospital pass for his teammates. It appeared that HoneyBadger's job was to run decoy lines and get the heat off Folau and clean out when he doesn't get the ball (which was any ruck where he didn't receive the kick)

Nice to the the Wobblies have a good win, but disappointing that the talents of the whole country weren't used well.
    You're kidding,surely!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The only minor thing I noticed with Folau was his reliance on the step-then-outside-break. Sometimes he probably should have straightened the line instead.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Great to see some depth at lock coming through. Of the debutants Sam Carter was my pick followed by Skelton and then Jones. Thought Carter filled the role of a traditional lock with aplomb, good hard work in tight, tackled the house down made good carries and actually got off the ground in the line out . Skelton has impact but I worry that against the ABs Brodie Retallick will have him for breakfast. Jones look out of depth but may have been overwhelmed needs to be in the squad for the spring tour though.

Skeltons enthusiasm and happiness was contagious I found myself smiling whilst singing Advance Australia Fare and after his try. It is good to see someone enjoy themselves and wear their heart on their sleeve.

As for izzy not passing the ball, link needs to give him a good slapping both AAC and HB where run out of room by izzy and never received the ball when they did get a bit of space to work with. He needs to straighten the attack not try running around the outside and pass the ball to his more than accomplished wingers. Other teams will just slide him across into touch if he keeps up with it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    If you watch the cap presentation on this clip, the official (presumably a product of NSW?) said Skelton's debut was the best since Izzy's. Personally, I think that's a bit of a kick in the teeth for some other outstanding debutants, like Carter who got MoM in his debut!!

Agree about Izzy last night - saw a few comments on Twitter about it too. Don't think anything will be changed though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL9...&v=4wB8xbrJ8Mw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Agree Gigs. And as soon as the game was over, the attention on the TV seemed to immediately switch to the Tahs and their next game en route to 'their' title.

I could be accused of looking for it, but everything I see in Aus rugby seems to be even more Tahs-biased these days.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 22-06-14 at 11:56.

vCash
    Are you all talking about the Walla- Tahs here ?? Looks like it The ARU set up all ther tests to where they were played to try and attract the crowds as the crowds are not going to see the big games on the east coast.. Reds loosing and warratahs just getting to a finals contentsion after 18 yrs...

If we had a test here I would think the Force would have had a few more players in the mix.
    Good to see the wins but leading in all games is great but fighting to the death in close games like the SA game on the weekend really shows the pressure that came be applied... The Bloody slow cup wont come back this yr but if the ARU stick with the team and get rid of some old crap ( Horwill Genia and sorry to say this but AAC is good but not a carry over to world cup Also get rid of the top ups and pay when you play type rewards with bonuses for wins ) these young guys will see poss wins in the Bledisloe and Rugby Champ next yr with a good placing in World cup...

All Blacks have a squad of 32 with 10 players 30 yrs and over so next yr that will make them lacking in the run up to world cup as they seem to carry them to long..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    sorry to say this but AAC is good but not a carry over to world cup
    I Reckon he's easily our most consistently good outside back of the past 5-6 years. He'll be 31 come RWC and would be in the first few picked in my side if he continues the form.

The AB's have some interesting choices to make. Woodcock has had two very good games and McCaw was good on the weekend. Those two and Carter are being openly questioned across the dutch. For mine, it would be Nonu, Smith and Jane who would be under the pump. If Carter ever decides to play some Rugby I'd likely play him 12 with Fekitoa at 13 on current form and looking to RWC. Hanson might be a bit more conservative than that. And that might be a mistake.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I Reckon he's easily our most consistently good outside back of the past 5-6 years. He'll be 31 come RWC and would be in the first few picked in my side if he continues the form.
    Agree entirely, he was our best back on Saturday, but didn't see much ball because it stopped at Folau and then (to a lesser extent) Beale. Same problem as Badger, they seem to be too keen to run it through the middle (or too keen to build their own stats at the expense of the team)

AAC is a lock for the WC as long as he stays fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    it would be Nonu, Smith and Jane who would be under the pump.
    Corey Jane is awsome as long as he sees some football. That's the one thing the poms did well on the weekend is stopping the footy getting to the outside (mostly) Nonu will get on the WC plane because he's and arrogant bully, but seems to get away with it.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The Wallatahs did score every single point in the match for us, so some Tahs praise to be expected.

I predicted Skelton to wear gold at start of the year and was ridiculed from some here on TWF, but he showed he is up to it, but he did not get the "standing ovation" when he came off that the ES press is talking about, certainly there were quiet a few on their feet, but the crowd did not stand as one like most "standing ovations" I have seen or been part of!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Somehow, after playing only, what - 60 mins? - Skelton ends up voted third best player of the series equal with Michael Hooper!! Izzy, of course, takes top spot, with James Slipper 2nd.

Benny Mac is underrated at 9th!!

http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/Fa...rmerAward.aspx

Champion
    vCash
    You guy's are so right ,the AB's are on a downward spiral cos they are now all too old and too slow.I just hope the mighty green and golds don't humiliate them too much on their way to winning the Bledisloe and next year the World Cup with Izzy being acclaimed as the best player the world has seen

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    The Wallatahs did score every single point in the match for us, so some Tahs praise to be expected.

I predicted Skelton to wear gold at start of the year and was ridiculed from some here on TWF, but he showed he is up to it, but he did not get the "standing ovation" when he came off that the ES press is talking about, certainly there were quiet a few on their feet, but the crowd did not stand as one like most "standing ovations" I have seen or been part of!
    I was at the game and there was no standing ovation for Skelton, a few here and there stood and clapped but it wasn't as if the entire ground were on their feet. The East Coast media has to wank on about something but it's no different to some of the posts on here.

Skelton had a cracker of a game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast