Poll: Is Kaplan a joke?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jonathan Kaplan

vCash
    Interesting reading Rick, can someone explain his record against NSW then, I`m still not convinced he`s not masquarading as a ref....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It's a silly situation. But it's so hard to change perceptions. Australians who would claim to be unbiased will believe that Kaplan had a bad game. New Zealanders who would claim to be unbiased would believe that Kaplan had a good game.
    And South African scribes who whack enough words together, to defend a South African Ref, will believe they have proven their case beyond doubt.
    I would also stake Kafer's and especially Dwyer's Rugby credentials and knowledge in front of this hack however, I have based my observations on exactly that, my observations. Those in the media are often very wrong and very biased, and often against their own.

#1c, the description of the Yellow Card Penalty, is absolute bollocks, they were all over him from the outset, he was trying his best to get out and it was not a similar offence. Kaplan had the ability to make it a Yellow Card but didn't have to. I have no complaints about the first two and they are areas Rocky really needs to address. If anything he could well have been carded after back chatting on the second infringement, but the third was not a fair call. Probably shouldn't go there for the fear of enraging three million Kiwi chicks however, it is interesting to note that McCaw was never cautioned during the match for his two penalties and continual pushing the edge in the breakdown.

#2, He tells us what Rokocoko "did not do" but fails to tell us what he did do? What I saw was, as Larkham was still slidding backwards with the ball, Rokocoko left his feet and drove him backwards. My understanding of the laws is that that action is illegal, if not then fair enough. My main problem there is the speed with which the TMO awarded a very dubious try. The try was either awarded for McCaw's forearm brushing the ball while still in Larkhams possesion or later when his hand was actually under the ball not on top to apply downward pressure.

#3, I don't recall this one clearly enough (too many excited Kiwi's ) to comment however, if you want to get medical there would be a good argument that the shoulder is actually part of the arm until becomes the collarbone or chest....

#4, Blind Freddy could see that the "Tuqiri pass" was not forward, the way all the players acted on both sides was evidence enough of a bad call. Using this scribes reasoning, every Scrumhalf who uses a dive pass should be pinged for a forward pass!!! Perhaps that is why Gregan allegedly "always" takes a couple of steps back, so he can square his shoulder to the offside line?

#5/6, I have no issue with Kevvies tries, he deserved them. In the first my instinct was there was something going on back closer to the lineout to block tacklers but that's life. Also interesting to see this bloke happy for a penalty not to be awarded against Eaton for an infringement because "it would have been pedantic indeed"! Smack of double standard convienience to me, Hack?

#7, Kaplan made the wrong call, that is after all what this debate is about!
    His ruling was inconsistant to that which he had applied during the match.
    There is less noise about it because we all know it was wrong but he had already cocked up enough that the match was beyond doubt by the time this final insult was given.

I am not one who takes delight in belittling Referee's and Officials however, I do take exception to those who consistently have "off games" with the line ball decisions always going to the home side and blatant errors not counting against their reputation and appointments.
    There are plenty of International Ref's who I have the highest regard for but unfortunately, over time, I cannot say that for Jonathon Kaplan.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2