Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get an answer as to why the APC isn't on TV and get the ABC broadcast the WA games !

Champion
    vCash
    Well, there is some good news for the NSW v Qld game at Gosford on Sunday Arvo, it seems the game will be broadcast LIVE into NSW and QLD from this piece from the NSW Rugby website

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/MediaExtr...RedsClash.aspx

"Sunday’s match kicks off at 3pm at Bluetongue
    Central Coast Stadium, and will be broadcast live on
    ABC local radio. The commentary team will be headed up
    by the voice of Sydney club Rugby Jim Maxwell, with
    Ross Reynolds and sideline eye John Morrison"

SO IF WE CAN ALL EMAIL ABC RADIO IN PERTH and NATIONALLY as in the first post, we might be able to get this game on LIVE into WA from 2pm this Sunday and when WA win on Friday, the NSW v WA game in Bathurst next Saturday Afternoon from Bathurst

The place email again for the NSW v QLD game to be broadcast on ABC RADIO in Perth is http://www.abc.net.au/perth/contact.htm

You will also need to email the GRANSTAND EMAIL which is the HEAD OFFICE FOR THE ABC SPORT In AUSTRALIA

The EMAIL ADDRESS is grandstand@your.abc.net.au

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    You can listen to the NSW/QLD ABC stream over the internet.

So people in Perth will still be able to hear the coverage, if they listen over the net.

vCash
    is spanner playing this week do we know? wat about sharpie and sheps and all those fellas

Apprentice Contributor
    vCash
    can any one tell me what how does the western forces memebrship rate to the other side in aus.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The team was meant to be announced this morning - I believe they fly into Canberra tomorrow arvo ....

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Pumbaa, Force have the biggest membership base

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I recall the Brumbies had a Membership of around the 13,000 mark in '05 and they were then the largest, so our 22,000 blew that out of the water.
    Will be interesting to see if the interest and commitment displayed here in the West encourages more punters to become Members for the other three teams.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I've e-mailed the ABC and Foxtel regarding coverage of the APC

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Word is that Rugby WA have tentativly booked M.E.S for Friday Night 29 September pending the Force gaining hosting rights for the APC Grand Final.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Has there been any replys?? Especially with the NSW v QLD game on Sunday Afternoon

vCash
    My reply from ARU said that (although they tried) no TV station wanted to underttake the rights to a (quote) one off (end quote) competition, I guess the fact that the competition will be extended next year, and there is a possibility of getting some games in Perth means that this years comp is a one off. I'd be focusing my efforts on the TV stations, Oh and Giving coach some dough so's he can buy the DVDs from sports recording services.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giteau'sGunnaScoreTwenty
    My reply from ARU said that (although they tried) no TV station wanted to underttake the rights to a (quote) one off (end quote) competition
    AFAIK they have not secured a telecaster for next year either. When they had the "Great Debate" on Inside Rugby a couple weeks back the naysayers were claiming that Foxtel had stated they'd need to charge the ARU to telecast matches. The ABC has re-committed to telecast club rugby from Sydney and Brisbane next yera. Why would they commit to that rather than a national comp?

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    AFAIK they have not secured a telecaster for next year either. When they had the "Great Debate" on Inside Rugby a couple weeks back the naysayers were claiming that Foxtel had stated they'd need to charge the ARU to telecast matches. The ABC has re-committed to telecast club rugby from Sydney and Brisbane next yera. Why would they commit to that rather than a national comp?
    Here's what the ABC replied when I asked them about the ARU's attempts to secure a broadcaster

Thank you for your email.

The resources available to the ABC as well as the scheduling limitations mean that we are unable to broadcast all Australian sporting events.
    Additionally, the APC is owned by News Limited as part of the deal with the SANZAR Rugby Unions. You may therefore be able to see the event on Fox Sports.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the ABC.

Kind regards

Gretchen Shirm
    ABC Audience and Consumer Affairs

So how do we read that, News Limited owns it but doesn't want to show it, and wants anyone who would like to show it to pay a stack of money, that's what. I gues if it's news limited, we need to continue to talk to Foxtel or Channel 9 if we're ever going to see away games for less than $500.

However based upon channel 9's history with showing ANY code of football in this state (other than AFL) I wouldn't be holding my breath.

I'd also be keen to know why News Ltd has the rights to the APC when the comp doesn't seem to be related to the super 14 too closely. Maybe they have photos of the ARU board playing golf with satan!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Reply received from the ABC :-
    Dear John,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the ABC does not have the rights to broadcast this event.
    The APC is owned by News Limited as part of the deal with the SANZAR Rugby Unions, so you may be able to watch the event on Fox Sports.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the ABC.

Kind regards

Gretchen Shirm
    ABC Audience and Consumer Affairs

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    They keep providing a little more infoprmation with each group of emails by the looks of it - which means we are getting somewhere...

Given that FoxSports feeback form is not active / not working, might I suggest we send a "Press Release" to them?

Address for Press Releases is:

newsroom@NEWS.com.au

---snip---snip---

Press Release

FOXSPORTS SNUB AUSTRALIAN RUGBY SUPPORTERS

21st September 2006

In an unprecedented show of disdain towards its viewing audience, FoxSports have chosen not to broadcast any of the inaugural Australian Provincial Championship matches.

To show their disapproval of this snub, Foxtel subscribers in their droves are vowing to drop their subscription, choosing instead to head back down to (the now smoke free) local pub to catch major sporting events on big screens.

Local publican, Paul said "Mate - it's great! You can't beat a public bar full of blokes and sheilas watching sport for atmostphere, Fox have really shot themselves in the foot with this one."

"Not only have they left the Rugby community high and dry, they have removed any means of contacting them to express their disapproval. You'd think a big corporation like Fox would have a working feedback form on their website!"

The feedback form on FoxSports.com.au is stated as bening located here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/feedback/ This URL returns a "Page Not Found" error.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast