Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Squad so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Whoever writes they're twitter and facebook entries needs to grow up. Im embarrassed by how childish that all sounds. A press release would be sufficient instead of these offensive dribbles. We are supposed to be a professional club.
    Hear hear.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    So with Mathewson that only leaves one spot in the main squad which from all the rumor will be another overseas player but what pos will it be? Doesn't it look like we are a bit exposed in the locking area?

Also can we add the EPS players in at the bottom so we can see the whole picture? After the last year all teams in aus seemed to use this extensively.

0 Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Wykes just Tweeted Mick Snowden say he just heard that he was signed with the force. So must be an EPS signing.

"Sam Wykes @SamWykes4
    @micksnowden snowy just herd your joining us nxt year �������� Very nice. #anotherwesternwood"

So you would bet both Turner and Holmes are gone.

0 Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Wykes just Tweeted Mick Snowden say he just heard that he was signed with the force. So must be an EPS signing.

"Sam Wykes @SamWykes4
    @micksnowden snowy just herd your joining us nxt year �������� Very nice. #anotherwesternwood"

So you would bet both Turner and Holmes are gone.
    Sounds like it, unless they are really desperate and keep Holmes on as a 12/9.

Would be a shame to see Turner go but with squads this small you couldn't really blame them for cutting someone with such a bad track record of injuries. Knowing our luck he will go somewhere else and carve up.

Still really want to see a 12 and another second row signed, things would be really be looking up for next year. Sign up Matfield

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm glad we signed Alby over Genia.

Better to have an allblack, than someone who lost to the allblacks without scoring a point - and smiled.

0 Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Come on now be fair. Genia would have been great. What we now have is also very good.

0 Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Come on now be fair. Genia would have been great. What we now have is also very good.
    I'm not so sure. He appears to be a sulky bugger, and Pocock has buggered off. He would have been left all on his lonesome

0 Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Pocock would not have gone if genia came. No doubt about it.

0 Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Pocock went the way of the coward - short term easy gain over building a legacy.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Seeing Hooper on the weekend I'm not as convinced as I was that Pocock is the be all and end all.

I don't dispute that he's the best openside in the World, but it appears the pack is nipping at his heels, unlike the story with Locking in this country.

I think we keep going with the backrow we've got as it will be pretty close without him and concentrate on the areas where Australia is short in general. Looking at the Wallabies I'd say that is Locks, Midfield and possibly front row.

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I am not sure about that. In the past all players who intend to stay have signed up the season before their contract comes into its last year, or at least early into their last year.

I have a sneaking suspicion all this waiting for what would happen with coaches etc. was a smokescreen to give him a way to leave and seem justified to do so.

It was reported Foley was enough to get him to stay, remember that, I assume that the talks with Foley was advanced by the time that Pocock left but he left anyway, maybe because he realised one of his demands for the team going forward was about to be met and he would look like a right goose if he left after getting what he wanted.

Speculation and what not.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ...concentrate on the areas where Australia is short in general. Looking at the Wallabies I'd say that is Locks, Midfield and possibly front row.
    so that would be every position apart from 6, 7 and 8?

I would throw in 8 as a problem area as well.

0 Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I am not sure about that. In the past all players who intend to stay have signed up the season before their contract comes into its last year, or at least early into their last year.

I have a sneaking suspicion all this waiting for what would happen with coaches etc. was a smokescreen to give him a way to leave and seem justified to do so.

It was reported Foley was enough to get him to stay, remember that, I assume that the talks with Foley was advanced by the time that Pocock left but he left anyway, maybe because he realised one of his demands for the team going forward was about to be met and he would look like a right goose if he left after getting what he wanted.

Speculation and what not.
    Ive mentioned this before and i dont think its speculation at all. My understanding was he'd make a decision at the end of the year once rugby was out of the way and once his contract was about due to expire. As BLR mentioned it was previously stated he would stay if Foley were to come which at the time highly unlikely. When it becomes evident to him Foles was on board he made the announcement early to beat EWF's official confirmation of Foley. Pococks reasons for leaving were lame and under those reasons could have made the call to leave much earlier.

0 Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Why did Hooper leave a team playing well to join a team playing shit in the middle of the season? White had been told for sure that Pocock was joining his team the following year and he told Hooper to move on to get gametime.Pocock left the Force way back then and anyone who couldn't see that is an ostritch.All of the arse-kissing and begging for him to stay on this forum was pathetic.I'd bet too the reason Genia did a U-turn is because Pocock told him the truth.Team-wise I thnk we are better off with the 2 players we have instead

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    That makes sense...the plot thickens.

0 Not allowed!

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast