Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Didn't know the Wild Knights won the comp!
    Everybody else did worse than their 0% win record!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I'll be very interested to see if Minderoo/RugbyWA can maintain the interest for what is going to be another year of glorified scratch matches.

The Force attracted good crowds last year, probably the best crowds the Force had attracted for a few years. Surely some it would have been associated with the outrage of the Force being cut from Super Rugby, I had friends who hadn't been to a Super Rugby game in years going to*insert sponsor name* stadium.

Can they maintain the rage for another 12 months before they start some meaningful games? Hopefully the answer is yes.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Didn't know the Wild Knights won the comp!
    Atleast the Force beat the premiers!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Can they maintain the rage for another 12 months before they start some meaningful games? Hopefully the answer is yes.
    I always had an uneasy feeling it was a long shot to firm up commitment to a multi year competition from multiple Unions, and all that entails, with an extremely short lead-in. Reason I didn't renew. But I'll be at every game possible and hopefully enjoy them as much as the last lot. Even if the numbers fall, I don't doubt Minderoo's determination and I reckon the support will be there WHEN the real comp starts.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'll be very interested to see if Minderoo/RugbyWA can maintain the interest for what is going to be another year of glorified scratch matches.

The Force attracted good crowds last year, probably the best crowds the Force had attracted for a few years. Surely some it would have been associated with the outrage of the Force being cut from Super Rugby, I had friends who hadn't been to a Super Rugby game in years going to*insert sponsor name* stadium.

To me they are falling in to the same trap. No news and coming down to leaks from the press. People won't put their money out until you put something out publicly that they can watch.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    To me they are falling in to the same trap. No news and coming down to leaks from the press. People won't put their money out until you put something out publicly that they can watch.
    Hard to disagree with that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    To be fair -

I think we are dealing with a Corporation rather than a sporting body or a sporting governing body.

They operate differently.

A contract is something that gets announced when finalised. Confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements mean exactly that.

And, no one has relationships with reporters or are trying to establish relationships with reporters to show how big or important they are.

Perhaps this needs to change - we are all starving for information and in the absence of information rumor, gossip and panic takes place.

Its hard to stomach, but at the end of the day. Andrew Forrest, Matt Hodgson, and the team have our best interests at heart and they will deliver.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Putting one press statement out every two months is falling in to the same trap as the RA. People have paid already and need to know where it is going.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I got an email from Western Force to update my details because they allegedly had information missing. I did so and they replied with "Fantastic. This has been updated. We will touch base shortly with the fixtures once they have been announced."

Not much perhaps but something.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Last month the email said "The 2019 Rapid Rugby Showcase Series schedule will be finalised next month."

So im hoping tomorrow

vCash
    If it was a leap year, we'd have another day. Would that make it a leap of faith?

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Expecting some news tomorrow guys for the fixtures!

vCash
    Expecting some news tomorrow guys for the fixtures!
    I tweeted them for news today but no reply :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Western Force to face strong ‘World XI’ side to kickstart showcase series
    Nick Taylor
    Thursday, 28 February 2019 7:00PM

Western Force will kick off the new Global Rapid Rugby showcase series against an invitational “World XV” on March 22 at HBP Park.

The side, coached by former Wallabies coach Robbie Deans, includes a host of former Rugby World Cup winners, international representatives and Super Rugby players including former Force foundation speedster Digby Ioane.

Ten of the squad have Test experience including All Blacks World Cup winning squad members prop Wyatt Crockett, scrum-half Andy Ellis and hooker Corey Flynn. Japanese fly-half Kosei Ono, who played in his country’s famous 2015 World Cup 34-32 win over South Africa, has also been selected.

Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina Japan and Tonga will be represented in the side.

Last year the side beat Japan 31-29 while another win came in 2015 a few weeks before the Brave Blossoms went on to beat the Springboks.

GGR is expected to release its full-season home and away showcase fixture list tomorrow with Force tackling sides based in Fiji, Samoa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.

Force will play six home games at HBF Park, an away match in Queensland and others in Asia and the Pacific Islands.

Games will be played using new laws designed to speed up the game including 35 minute halves, rolling substitutions, no direct kicking for touch, nine-point power tries that start from inside the 22 metre line and rolling substitutions.

GRR was rebranded from last season’s World Series Rugby after talks with governing body World Rugby because of the similarity to its title and its planned “World League” Test series.

The decision to move the full $1 million GRR competition, bankrolled by mining magnate Andrew Forrest, to 2020 was made to ensure a smooth start after this year’s rugby World Cup.

Next year’s tournament, with teams playing for a $1 million prize, is expected to be expanded to at least eight sides including a Japanese team and another Australian team possibly based in Western Sydney.

There are plans for further expansion in 2021 with sides based in United Arab Emirates, China, India, Sri Lanka and Korea.

All clubs are expected to be owned by companies, individuals or national unions with no salary cap for their 30-man squads.

At least 12 marquee players, “owned” by GRR could be spread across the current six sides to produce a level playing field.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881121779z

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Western Force to face strong ‘World XI’ side to kickstart showcase series
    Nick Taylor
    Thursday, 28 February 2019 7:00PM

Western Force will kick off the new Global Rapid Rugby showcase series against an invitational “World XV” on March 22 at HBP Park.

... <snip> ...

GGR is expected to release its full-season home and away showcase fixture list tomorrow with Force tackling sides based in Fiji, Samoa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.

Force will play six home games at HBF Park, an away match in Queensland and others in Asia and the Pacific Islands.
    Signs of movement. Hopefully!

Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast