Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I am starting to smell dead rodent. Why would the Rebels announce Tet and Genia a day before the official announcement?
    Just gotta hope that we don't get the double kick in the teeth and see Dave and the coaching staff announced as the new Rebels messiahs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hansie I have never met you but I think I love you.as inaugural member along with wife and daughter none of us ever having played rugby(not mad enough) we have followed WF through everything.
    I have forensically followed this 2017 horror show. I have always presumed that good would prevail .
    I can see you , mark s and the team have done everything you could and u should be justly proud of the efforts .You are not responsible for the result
    .the entire sea of blue is behind you now
    please pass on our good wishes to players officials and all involved.
    We are going to win this .we will prevail.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Hansie I have never met you but I think I love you.as inaugural member along with wife and daughter none of us ever having played rugby(not mad enough) we have followed WF through everything.
    I have forensically followed this 2017 horror show. I have always presumed that good would prevail .
    I can see you , mark s and the team have done everything you could and u should be justly proud of the efforts .You are not responsible for the result
    .the entire sea of blue is behind you now
    please pass on our good wishes to players officials and all involved.
    We are going to win this .we will prevail.
    I fully agree with Wallabydarnd...
    reading the ARU statement today gave me vomit...

but my doubt now is : how will we manage to prevent players with family, mortgage, house bills and kids at school tomorrow to sign with another franchise?
    Who knows what are the likely consequences of the presumably lengthy Supreme Court hearing? Will we be allowed to participate to 2018 season while the SC deliberate OR will the WF be kept outside the 2018 competition for the length of the SC proceedings?

It's not over yet you fookers of the ARU, expect "fire and fury" from WA!

vCash
    As a lot of regulars here know, I follow Rugby League also. I was really disappointed when the Reds were packed up and sent to Melbourne, where they have only produced 2 first graders in 20 years. But the governing body was not to blame. They were under attack from a wealthy media company. Newscorp.
    This time I feel totally betrayed by the supposed custodians of the game.
    To all at Rugby WA, continue the fight. We may have to rebuild the team, but hopefully with a new national administration and new way of dealing with player distribution.
    The most galling thing to come from Clynes statements today was the admission that the remaining outfits will still need to be bailed out financially. Disgraceful.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I am disgusted that as a member (inaugural at that) of the Western Force I have not received a email notification from the ARU to apologise and a formal notification of today's events and how they intend to support rugby in WA. They send me enough emails trying to get money out of me for Wallabies etc.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I am disgusted that as a member (inaugural at that) of the Western Force I have not received a email notification from the ARU to apologise and a formal notification of today's events and how they intend to support rugby in WA. They send me enough emails trying to get money out of me for Wallabies etc.
    The email will say the following: Fuck ya's we finally got rid of ya. Sincerely. EARU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    We were told all along that the Force may need plan B, so we're just in for a longer fight than we thought. I'm hoping the players (& staff) will still be able to hang in there! Seems to me that the "financials" argument is just an excuse, it doesn't matter what the Force answered in criteria, the ARU were coming up with 'another' excuse. Clyne' comment that Twiggy came in too late was just plain ludicrous, what f##n difference does that make to having money for ongoing costs? He even guaranteed paying the Force costs for F#cks sake! Clyne is just bleating whatever excuse he can think of, so it seems to me that there's another deeper reason they're hiding. The ARU have got themselves in the shit somehow & desperate to kill the Force. What does it take to get the Crime& Commission in to look at thiose ARU books? Feel there may be a few dodgy Swiss bank accounts lying around! Supreme Court will be a perfect chance to get it out in the open, & maybe Geoff Stookes is able to unload a few untruths?
    Could not agree more! They are hiding something and I bet they underestimated Twiggy (only being lowly ceo's and stuff) .
    When this hits the courts all the dirty laundry should be on display and I bet there are some new skid marks appearing in some very expensive jocks!
    What ever ends up happening the FUARU will only ever get my cents if they are diluted through WAru.
    I so regret buying tickets to the test but I will go but that will be my last in Australia..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Hear hear Mac. Very well said

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    The announcement today is a disgrace and I am as gutted as anyone else on this site. I absolutely agree that the ARU has acted without any integrity and that the damage they have wreaked will take a long time to heal.

I am not blind to reality however. While the ARU pushed us off the cliff it was Rugby WA that put us there to be pushed. Years of mediocrity and poor leadership put us in the noose, meaning we needed the spirited defence that was mounted, albeit unsuccessfully.

If our next wave of defence is to be successful we need to have a good look at ourselves. Whingeing about how awful the ARU is (and they are) might make us feel better but it won't get us over the line.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I am,After a half dozen lovely eagle bay pale ales(i bought a carton of them after lunch there wednesday) and now onto my second bottle of shiraz,not feeling any better- i think i could be even worse by morning!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I had the pleasure this afternoon of replying to an aru email with a simple "Fuck you ARU" and felt good about it.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Player
    vCash
    Seriously I can not see myself wearing a Wallabies jumper for the Bledisloe game next week. What does the jumper stand for now. The coat of arms, the Kangaroo and Emu don't take a backwards step yet we seemed all too willing to sell out to bring Argentina and Japan into the comp to the detriment of the original three nations.

ARU you are supposed to have our backs. You sold us out!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I am,After a half dozen lovely eagle bay pale ales(i bought a carton of them after lunch there wednesday) and now onto my second bottle of shiraz,not feeling any better- i think i could be even worse by morning!
    that's a fair effort. But as I am finding it's not dampening my disgust for the ARU and their short sighted lack of vision.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    BTW, I wonder in Julian Assange is a rugby fan?
    why? is pamela Anderson heading here?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Hear hear Mac. Very well said
    We were beaten on a technicality in Arbitration but all along we have been preparing for either outcome. This has always been about the ARU's Own short term liquidity not ours or the Rebels. They have shown no interest in a negotiated outcome they just want to pocket the $5mm per annum broadcast cash they gain from dumping a team. Short of AF cutting the ARU a cheque they were not interested.
    So we fight on and we hope we can keep the wheels on while we do. The National uproar has been good to see but it will pass so we need to keep the acid on.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast