Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Western Force chief to meet with ARU about Giteau affair

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    After saying that he was contracted to the Force for 2009 (implying that he didn't intend to combat that) he would have to be a complete dickhead to try to wriggle out of that now. If he goes after that well then whatever but if, only just over 2 months before the season starts, he bails- leaving almost zero time to find a quality replacement- he would seriously damage his future. Bad things happen but none of Henjak's sacking, the bad Fever experience or the collapse of Firepower are the Force's, or their fans or the other players, fault. And frankly only a spoilt little bitch would try and kick everyone else in the teeth just to help himself. I have faith in his character that he will stay at least until the end of 2009.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    hopefully we find out soon - hate all this supposition - don't want to believe he is a spoilt lad - What's wrong that he doesn't want to stay if it is family I'd rather he told us

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    The thing that really pisses me off is that we, The Force, can't seem to go through a month without some sort of scandal/bullshit going on. If it's unsettling for the fans imagine how it feels for the team. I know I shouldn't believe what we read in the papers but it does appear that more often than not there is fire where there is smoke. It worries me about the John Mitchel Matt Giteau incident at the end of last season. Could that have some bearing on the matter?

Anyway, although I should not make a judgement at this stage I'm rapidly losing respect for Matt as this whole affair is doing nobody any favours and shows a lack of consideration for his team mates, his fans and the club which has made a large effort to sort out the issues. I believe him making a public statement about the contract negotions was inappropraite and detrimental to all. Yes he is a fantastic player but no one man makes a team....maybe JM should look at Sir Alex Ferguson's philosophy on this.

Make a decision Matt and let the club get on with it's job. We want you to stay but you are not inexpendable. So what if others decide not to stay because Matt goes. In my opinion they are not worth keeping if that is the only reason they are here.

That's the first rant I have had for a while....I feel better now.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    And a well reasoned rant it was too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Jehna if Giteau was staying to see out his contract 2009. Why did the Force executive travel across country the to hold a meet face-to-face meeting with the ARU and James Erskine on a Sunday?

Wants the urgency? And will we find out this week before the match at Twickenham? We all know how much John O’Neil likes beating the English; will he push for a quick settlement between the parties?

Gits during the Padova test match looked elsewhere…
    I can't tell you what the urgency was or what the point of that meeting was. I can tell you though that your comments are simply inferences. Currently I prefer to look at Gits' owns statements on the matter. He has expressly (not impliedly) come out and said "I’ve made no threats. I’m contracted with the Force for next season”. This comment was made only a week and a half ago. If we're going to believe anything I'd prefer to believe what comes from the horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Frankly only a spoilt little bitch would try and kick everyone else in the teeth just to help himself. I have faith in his character that he will stay at least until the end of 2009.
    By listing all those factors which may encourage Gits to return east I'm not trying to suggest that he is being a spoilt little bitch. Frankly, if he left now I'd agree James, but he leaves at the end of 2009, regardless of the reason I can't see how we can place any blame on him. He has fulfilled his contractual obligations and personal reasons for leaving are up to him. Personally I actually think that all those factors combined provide huge incentive for a player to leave and I don't think there is any shame in it. The decision for a player as to which club they want to play for encompasses many feelings and emotions and i'm not going to criticise him for wanting to be closer to his mates or family.

Anyway, although I should not make a judgement at this stage I'm rapidly losing respect for Matt as this whole affair is doing nobody any favours and shows a lack of consideration for his team mates, his fans and the club which has made a large effort to sort out the issues. I believe him making a public statement about the contract negotions was inappropraite and detrimental to all. Yes he is a fantastic player but no one man makes a team....maybe JM should look at Sir Alex Ferguson's philosophy on this.

Make a decision Matt and let the club get on with it's job. We want you to stay but you are not inexpendable. So what if others decide not to stay because Matt goes. In my opinion they are not worth keeping if that is the only reason they are here.
    Em, I respect that the situation is frustrating you. Hell if i have to read about another Force scandal i'm going to shoot someone. But I can't possibly see how we can blame Matt in this at all. He's the one writing the articles, flying interstate to have talks, making up bullshit speculation...he's trying play rugby, and more importantly focus on the Wallabies tour right now.. Matt has been the source speculation since before he even arrived. He doesn't have to do anything to warrant the attention but frankly gets dumped with it because of his talent. That is out of his control. I would, as much as anyone, like a decision on his future, but I'm not going to rush him on it. It is his future and certainly not a decision to be made lightly. This delay in him signing or not signing I believe frankly has being blown out disproportionately by the ruthless and unforgiving media personalities who are for more interesting in creating scandal and selling papers rather than having any consideration for the impact it might have on the players, or the clubs involved. If you're going to be angry at anyone, be angry at the media. Gits I think for the most part has handled this pretty well and the statement he made relating to his contract was effectively forced upon him. If doesn't say something, the media has a field day. If he does say something, the media manipulates the statement to have a field day anyway. What do you want him to do?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    What do you want him to do?
    Sign 'till 2015

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Perhaps I am clutching at straws here, but what if Mr Harris is travelling to ARU Headquarters to seek a ruling on what offer can be made, and cannot be made with respect to a new offer to Gitts.

As we have already discussed before RugbyWA have permission from the ARU to assist players that were effected by the demise of the "company that shall not be named".

The last thing Mr Harris would want is to run foul of the ARU if he is able to put together a better deal for Gitts that includes a replacement for the money that went missing earlier.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Matt Giteau has been quite professional about this matter. He doesn't want to use the media to force the club to meet his demands, which is fair-minded and respectful. He can’t make large statements in the press and expect understanding from the ARU, RUPA and the clubs fans.

I think all parties are just working out what they want, last talks face-to-face and to move on…

Gits has waited until the season was over to giving the Force every chance to place an offer on the table. They did and he declined to offer. He could end up without an OZ S14 club next season which would be a terrible outcome for Australian Rugby…My gut feeling is, I don’t think he wants to walk out on the Force but be let go in a gracious business like fashion…

Who knows the outcome, both the club and Gits will endure… what ever the conclusion…

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    As TEF rants go I'd rate that at about a 5/10

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I Gits I think for the most part has handled this pretty well and the statement he made relating to his contract was effectively forced upon him. If doesn't say something, the media has a field day. If he does say something, the media manipulates the statement to have a field day anyway. What do you want him to do?
    As stated, a rant. However I still think that the public statement made about his position on the contractual position was inappropriate....that is where the whole BS started from and that is where my PO feelings are coming from. Besides, when dealing with contract negotions you leave it to the professionals and not blab to the media....unless that was part of a play.

Just happy to be here

Prospect
    vCash
    if he wants to leave then get rid of him now we dont want half interested players,Luke Mcaister plays better at flyhalf any way plus he's a way better kicker,we should chase him?he may not be as steady as Larkham or carter but has way more flair and attacking skills

Player
    vCash
    I think Mcalister could be interested- sounds like th NZRU is going to change their rules to allow players playing anywhere in the S14 to be eligible for ABs. He'd be able to command much more money from the Force than from any of the NZ franchises, and still work his way back into the ABs.

PS The way Gits played on Saturday (excluding his goal-kicking), I'm not that fussed on keeping him!!

vCash
    A good sauce told me today that gits will stay for 2009.

vCash
    Haji - hope you are right - but will he be HAPPY to stay

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Dont know whether he is happy or not to stay but he has to serve the final year of his contract. He doesnt have much chance taking it up to courts unless he decides to do a sonny bill!

i

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast