Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ashley-Cooper eyeing return

vCash
    did you not watch turq this year? Mitchell must have played wonderfull rugby to have outdone him, i know he had an erratic 2007, 2006 was to many drinks ago, but 2008 was lotes year mate, thats not pro tah, thats a pro rugby rant, he was the best back in the country by a mile!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Tuquiri had a wonderful year after the previous two, absolutely agree. I love that he draws more defence to him when he runs the ball, which creates opportunities for our other backs to utilise, he should run it more imho...
    Hynes is playing well and mitch is a great winger as well...
    Sheps is a great player, although lacking a little since he injured his knee, but still a great choice for fullback, easily the equal or better than aac...Lets not bring Beale into this equation in relation to the Wallabies, not yet anyway...He needs more experience in the possie in super14 i believe, so not part of this argument...
    I respect WJ's opinion in relation to aac as he is not backing a Tah, so obviously an un-biased view, and he can assume that we are biased in our staunch support for cam, but i guess i have seen how good cam can be and know what he is capable of, and therefore i rate him ahead of coops...
    It is , after all, MY OPINION...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    that fine, Cam was a TAH, i saw cam play super rugby, i have seen cam play rugby for you guys, he is a great super rugby player but i maintain that when his space is cut dow and against faster backs he struggles and goes missing at international level!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    1- The Turq. best player in the country at the moment and possibly best winger in the world, gets double marked most games and still manages to make more metres than the majority of the team combined!

2-AAC, gives us so many options in switching play, has ball playing skills to be close in and link well with his wingers, (sheps doesnt provide this, he is very much an old school player in a new game pla that doesnt gell all that well!)

3- Hynes, you cant drop the man from the team, he is consistant as hell and is always trying, you gotta keep him in there!

to say mitchell is the best winger in the country is laughable, his defence isnt all that wonderful (solid, passable but not great) plus his form hasnt been that great over a long period, he had a good run in super 14 but is it better than the other options? clyde rathbone injury free is better than mitchell in my opinion!
    have you watched drew this season? laughable is the wrong word for it.
    what do you expect from a winger in defence? at least drew know how to defend. against france we nearly let 2 tries in, i counted, and if AAC had known where to be the french wouldnt have got quite so close... i would have been a lot more at ease with cam there in defence.

ill bring up what gus said. you are arguing with yourself. dont give drew crap about being out of form and praise lote at the same time, coz it aint working. lote had a... 2 year out-of-form moment? hes back now, and its good though

we shouldnt drop hynes. we should move him to 15 though.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    You make your point, and i respect that, i too like aac as a selection, i just feel if cam got over the doubts in his injury-prone knee he would return to his past abilities, perhaps i live with the dream he is one game away from recapturing that form, he has that chance now while coops is out...This is a carousel mate, we can go round and round all night, but i am going home...Niether one of us is gonna change thier views 'cause he said so, so i agree to disagree...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Frontrow. Shep broke his leg so he's out for the tests.

Should be back for Super14.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow View Post
    You make your point, and i respect that, i too like aac as a selection, i just feel if cam got over the doubts in his injury-prone knee he would return to his past abilities, perhaps i live with the dream he is one game away from recapturing that form, he has that chance now while coops is out...This is a carousel mate, we can go round and round all night, but i am going home...Niether one of us is gonna change thier views 'cause he said so, so i agree to disagree...
    i agree with the first half of this, he doesnt have the confidence and isnt plying well! if as pointed out by people that the "tri-nations isnt the place for experimenting" doesnt that mean that we shouldnt punt on someone that has confidence issues and has slowed down since injury?

im not saying drew is out of form or anything, Lote is the best back in the team by a country mile and i was defending him against being slaged off for being a TAH, if he played for perth you guys would hail him as your god!

drew hasnt been in the team, my argument is and has been for the whole thread that i dont rate him as a fullback! if he was going onto the wing im fine with it, but if AAC is fit again i wouldnt be fiddling with the back three and couldnt find a spot for sheps or drew on the bench!

if your opinion is different thats fine with me, im just saying that there is no way on earth drew rates as on par with what lote delivers on the rugby park, the wallabies should be picked on the best team we can put on the park at the time not from a statistic driven two years of super rugby crap, the coach decides who best fits the team anyway, this is just opinion!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3