Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Matt Giteau wants to play Super 14, but not sure where

vCash
    there might be the chance that the force have not honored something giteau feels they should have.

if thats the case they may release him instead of having him discredit the force to force the issue.

this is all crap, i hope he stays, i hate contract bullshit and the modern day clause crap! a contract should be a contract! no, if i get five wallaby caps i can negotiate with other clubs or i can sign overseas or with another sport! i understand there time is short but they should pay more respect to the fans, as i stated before if we dont watch they wouldnt get payed!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    there might be the chance that the force have not honored something giteau feels they should have.

if thats the case they may release him instead of having him discredit the force to force the issue.

this is all crap, i hope he stays, i hate contract bullshit and the modern day clause crap! a contract should be a contract! no, if i get five wallaby caps i can negotiate with other clubs or i can sign overseas or with another sport! i understand there time is short but they should pay more respect to the fans, as i stated before if we dont watch they wouldnt get payed!
    Who are you and what have you done with the real WJ?

Spot on there mate!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    he has a contract with the Force and the ARU - he has to honour it or do a Sonny Bill.
    He can't do a Sonny Bill as the IRB has to recognise his already signed ARU contract. the only way he could get out of would be if he were to defect to Rugby League, the only way that would happen would probably be to go to one of the cashed up Super League clubs

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Giteau (channelled via mudskipper) View Post
    "I really can't say what I want to do at the moment because I really haven't made up my mind. I can't say because I just don't know.
    I do think that is crap - I just can't see him knocking back $1.6M and then extending to 2011 anyway...

vCash
    Giteau, "I need to sit down and talk it over with the Force, my manager, my family and girlfriend. I've got to sit down and have a lengthy, proper discussion and get a few things clear.

You know he's seriously confused when he needs to sit down and discuss his professional footballing career with his girlfriend…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    You know he's seriously confused when he needs to sit down and discuss his professional footballing career with his girlfriend…
    I don't see a anywhere so I'm taking that as a serious comment. Why would you think that?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Girlfriends are the most important part in anyone's rugby career. I'll repeat Shasta, why are the females less important here? (I'm in a femminist mood, don't mess with me!!) Git's GF has got to be the most important person on that list, with his family. Why shouldn't he discuss his contract with the most important gal in his life (No offense to all the Mrs-Giteaus out there, I'm sure you are all extremely important too!!)

Anyway, what's the point of a pro-rugby player having a GF he can't talk to rugby about! Jeez, that'd be like being married to a robot or something equally crazy!! If I was Gits, or any of the force boys, I'd head straight to TWF. Seeing as the girls on here are all pretty good with our rugby talk, hey

That's beside the point. Since when did he fill his brain with helium and float away in the clouds? This is not the Matt Giteau I have screamed for, died of happiness meeting and admire. Not happy Gits. WJ, that has to be my favourite post you have written He should have more respect for his fans, and he should honour his contract. I really hope he stays. Even though I shouldn't have to hope. Any idiot knows a contract is a contract, and you sign you play. (Any idiot does not refer to Gits)

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    managers, coaches and teammates are for talking rugby with, girlfriends are for making sure he eats a full breakfast on gameday and attending to him afterwoods!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    managers, coaches and teammates are for talking rugby with, girlfriends are for making sure he eats a full breakfast on gameday and attending to him afterwoods!
    No.

So should I be busy cooking dinner rather than on a rugby forum, on westernforce.com and on rugby.com.au?

That's so incredibly sexist I'm nearly speechless. She has such a massive say in whether he stays or goes, and I would very much like her to make an informed decision. His manager can sweet-talk him into staying, but it's Bianca who is going to make a joint decision with Gits about staying or going, so she should be as involved as any of them. Uurgh.. She is not brainless idiot, she is having an enormous say in this whole contract-y thing and I bet Gits has his own chef!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    nice catch WJ

vCash
    Stop stirring.

He would be asking her because she has a professional sports career also. She has just re-signed for 1 year with the West Coast Fever and he would, presumably, not want to leave her here for a year by herself just because he doesn't want to play with the Force. They have been together for ~5 years, loyalty to his partner would suggest he would discuss his future (& where it will take place) with her.

Last edited by laura; 08-12-08 at 20:00.

vCash
    interesting article on Rugby365.com website:

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/...ws/1365480.htm

A couple of interesting notes in this article, while it refers to a South African player trying to get a trial with the Brumbies, the Brumbies supposedly make some interesting comments:

"The Brumbies, who have two talented young flyhalves – 18-year-old Matt Toomua and 21-year-old Christian Lealiifano - in their squad are not looking to recruit another No.10.

"At this stage we are very comfortable with the 31 contracted players we have for 2009," Smith told this website, adding that there is some flexibility and that they are allowed a maximum of 33 players.

"But it is unlikely that the senior squad will be extended."

Does this mean they do not need Gits, there may be a ray of hope here.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Stop stirring.
    While the rest of your post is about the only sensible one in the last half a dozen posts Laura, how can you expect WJ or Mudskipper to stop when Robyn has skipped taking the bait and has just up and jumped straight onto the boat, filleted herself and slid onto the grill plate?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    She's young and passionate about her rugby and seemingly her feminism.
    They just stir up whatever they can get, its a bit shameful.

Whatever happens with Gits, we will have no say over and no opportunity to change his decision, despite all the speculation and rumours it has no effect whatsoever.
    What will be will be...but Tazzmania's article find looks promising for us in the short term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    No.

So should I be busy cooking dinner rather than on a rugby forum, on westernforce.com and on rugby.com.au?

That's so incredibly sexist I'm nearly speechless. She has such a massive say in whether he stays or goes, and I would very much like her to make an informed decision. His manager can sweet-talk him into staying, but it's Bianca who is going to make a joint decision with Gits about staying or going, so she should be as involved as any of them. Uurgh.. She is not brainless idiot, she is having an enormous say in this whole contract-y thing and I bet Gits has his own chef!!
    not in a sexist way, but im sure giteau signing a big contract would outweigh the money on offer from netball (shoot me down if im wrong!)

but in a totally sexist way, i want my rugby players tended to in all areas (i dont want to know about it, just like to believe they are!) so on a rugby day, they just have to worry about rugby, not if there mrs had a bad phone call from her mother!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast