Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gutted....

Champion
    vCash
    Burgs u r spot on with the selection Crossy needs to be sent to grade rugby for a while he still think he can hit up and if he gets caught he keeps position - he must learn to off load and keep those hands out in front. U watch him he tucks the ball under his arm arm and committs to a tackle. I would like to see Spanner come into centre maybe abit more experiance there

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Spanner was looking for a bitr more love out there on the wing all night, the ball stopped at Crossy a little too often I thought...

Bet he (Staniforth) was pissed with his first touch of the ball - must say I felt a tad sorry for the guy....

vCash
    Nerves on the first game back for Spanner with that first touch of the ball? He certainly proved he needs to be a more permanent inclusion in the team though.

I want to see:
    1 Cowan/Hardy
    2 McIsaac/Holmes
    3 Castle/Whalley
    4 Hockings
    5 Sharpe
    6 Hodgson
    7 Pocock
    8 Brown
    9 Valentine/Turner (O'Young if he's still injured)
    10 Giteau/Daruda
    11 Mitchell
    12 O'Connor/Pelesasa
    13 Staniforth
    14 Cummins/Haylett-Petty
    15 Shepherd (O'Connor if his ankle is still buggered)

If any forwards are injured or not up to sratch, then Longbottom in and for the backs Tatupu or Crossy.

Last edited by laura; 22-03-09 at 18:52.

vCash
    I think after Cross' great season last year, the opposition have been watching lot's of re-runs and have his game a little sussed - he needs to mix things up a bit more...

vCash
    Turner, Wykes and Boofity have mid to long term injuries there was a thingy at the bottom of the last page of the program about it, which is a shame

I like DHP, hope he gets a game soon, I think he's someone to watch.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    In that case:
    1 Cowan/Longbottom
    2 McIsaac/Holmes
    3 Castle/Whalley
    4 Hockings
    5 Sharpe
    6 Hodgson
    7 Pocock
    8 Brown
    9 Valentine/O'Young
    10 Giteau/Daruda
    11 Mitchell
    12 O'Connor/Pelesasa
    13 Staniforth
    14 Cummins/Haylett-Petty
    15 Shepherd (O'Connor if his ankle is still buggered)

If any forwards are injured or not up to sratch, then Takiari in and for the backs Tatupu or Crossy.

Champion
    vCash
    Totally agree he need to be dropped and re think his tactics put Spanner in there

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

good team I reckon thats the team for the reds, keeps JOC at 15 if hes fit Sheps on the wing and Spanner at 13 Jnr needs time hes playing not too bad I feel Gits is just too good and creative for the rest of them and they cant keep up.. I would liek to see Chris OY run on hes a good number 9 great pass he doesnt run as much but thats not his job we need the ball in front of Gits running forward.... the backs are just sliding sideways

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    What I hated was watching Pocock go through the line dragging 2 defenders and then there was no one backing him up for the pop pass!! Normally brown dog would have been there to take the advantage further on or secure the ball. Bring back brownie please!!!

After watching last years season I thought Cross was the goods and more experience would make him better but alas no I was mistaken. Cross you are a bash and crash man let the speedier smaller guys try to get on the outside.

Rookie
    vCash
    Very disappointing would be an understatement, when you look at the game stats of how much time the Force spent in the Sharks 22 and in there 1/2, I think it was over 62% of the game spent in the Sharkes half shows they couldn't finish or break the line.

Regardless of the runaway trys and watching replays of JP's first one, would seem that Smit was offside at the breakdown, they just weren't good enough to come up with the ideas to get through.

Valentine seems to have the crabs before releasing the ball putting further pressure on the backs.

Gits seems to have a master plan know one else knows about, yes good player he is, great player maybe one day, consistent, err I don't think so, good and consistent would be a really good combo. Maybe he should look at what Quade Cooper has achieved this year at the Reds.

One of the common threads on here and other forums seems to be the skill levels. IMHO they just don't do the basics well. Do the basics well and consistently then the other stuff will happen. Maybe with the bye the squad could take a long hard look in the mirror and get out on the training track this week, as a team and drill the basics over and over again just like a group of U14 or Colts would do.

Get back to basics.

Tackle and passing down the line ball out in front practice. It's depressing to think that all these guys are Wallabies and they are hoping for places in that squad as well as potential contracts with the Force or other teams...if they want to go let them if they want to play for the Force show some committment.

Do the players realise what is at stake for the club,in terms of membership, gate money oh not to mention a possible stadium we all want and sponsore. Ok by the end of next week we could be even further down the ladder, so maybe it's time to look at life after Gits, and play someone else at 10 and move him out to 12 to advise.

Glad I'm not on the match committee.

Pass the Panadol please....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by domattw View Post
    Ok by the end of next week we could be even further down the ladder
    A win for the Reds and Lions next week would be rather devastating to morale ....

vCash
    It's not over till the fat lady sings
    Winning a few games wouldn't go astray

Controversy corner

vCash
    serious folks... all of you that think the TEAM played badly yesterday really need to lighten up. The forwards totally outgunned the Sharks and they are supposed to have the second best forward pack in the comp... Three out of the 7 backs played with heart and had very little wrong with their games..

This loss was due to Valentine getting a gilbert tatoo on his chest, Giteau not having confidence in the rest of his backs and running sideways, Pelesas'a terrible passing and Crosses Ineffectual forays out wide without backup..

Overall they played a better structural setup (apart from the 15 man attack) than the Sharks but to be fair to the Sharks, their cover defence was awesome and having two speedsters at their disposal was the clincher...

We need at least one quick gun out wide... I always thought losing Digby & Stapleton to the reds was going to hurt...

vCash
    I still feel $h!?
    I am fed up going to Subi and watch the Force loose, If they loose against a better team I can accept it but to loose because they play crap is not on.

The backline gameplan is a joke running across the field pushing the wings into the touch line. The forwards think it is a league game where if you go in with the ball then you automatically get the ball back at the breakdown.

Come on Force wakeup and start playing Union rugby with pride When you run onto the field then nothing else matters but winning. Put your body on the line and if nessesary let the blood flow. Look at how Sharpie played against the sharks!! If we have 15 players commiting like he did we would have won with ease.

vCash
    It’s the playing with pride that is missing. The result is not important; it’s the way we play that will determine the future viability of the franchise in Perth. What the stats don’t show is the lack of team cohesion, the lack of commitment across the board and the one dimensional back play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Gee what's the bloody hell happening.......... our back they have no angles, no penetration and just run from one side to the next.... how to combat this I am not too sure but getting realkly demoralised not by the lost but the way they do it. Gits cant wait to go!
    I wholeheartedly agree about Giteau...He didn't try to run the ball at all, as soon as he received the ball, he passed the darned thing EVERY time..was he injured or just taking take of him body now....???? Cheesh!!!
    First half was oh! so good...the quickest 40 mins in rugby I have ever watched....Oh! well time to move on...I said to Nathan after the match..as long as EVERYONE had nothing left to give aftger the game, we can't ask for anymore!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast