Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Another "storm in a teacup" Mr Pulver?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Horwill, Folau and Genia would also have rated a mention, don't you think? Perhaps AAC.
    It might of but if any of those players were spotted sober at a fast food outlet I bet it wouldn't be talked about a few days later like these two.

Yes they have a reputation but that does that mean they should submit to the fun police? You're spot on when you say there is more scrutiny on pro sports people these days but neither were drunk or causing any problems on a night off.

If they had Wallaby commitments early the following day I would be singing from different song sheet but they didn't.

The article just fits conviently into some peoples anti-O'Connor attitude as well.

Beale probably shouldn't be playing due to his lack of game time this season but he is. Hell he stays upright on that last kick and he's a chance of being a hero overcoming the odds of addiction and media would have feasted on that

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    My comment earlier about recovery from night shift was not based solely on personal experience. Over the years I've had some involvement in roster design. The company I work for even went as far as hiring an expert in from Canada. Research, from multiple sources, reveals that doing only 2 consecutive nights does NOT mess up circadian rythms. Rather that it's similar to having a late night. It's also why so many workplaces around the world have switched to the system. I actually don't know of many 24/7 rosters these days that don't do it apart from coppers and nurses. The revovery is the important part.

Still with their track record it was probably dumb in hindsight. Only because of the coverage it got.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    2 days, 2 nights 4 off?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    the issue is its repeatedly the same guys, its no surprise its those names.

The only surprise is Digby wasnt included, but he was too busy sidestepping the bailiff. pity he cant run and swerve that fadt during tbe game
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    It might of but if any of those players were spotted sober at a fast food outlet I bet it wouldn't be talked about a few days later like these two.

Yes they have a reputation but that does that mean they should submit to the fun police? You're spot on when you say there is more scrutiny on pro sports people these days but neither were drunk or causing any problems on a night off.

If they had Wallaby commitments early the following day I would be singing from different song sheet but they didn't.

The article just fits conviently into some peoples anti-O'Connor attitude as well.

Beale probably shouldn't be playing due to his lack of game time this season but he is. Hell he stays upright on that last kick and he's a chance of being a hero overcoming the odds of addiction and media would have feasted on that
    I think it would be talked about but not to the same extent. Beale and O'Connor have managed to earn the tag of 'bad boy' and that always means extra scrutiny.

My issue with the whole affair is being out at 4am in the lead up to a test match and that supposedly high performance athletes are eating fast food in the lead up to a test match. Neither of these would seem optimal given the timing.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe they were there trying to drum up some sponsorship dollars...."Macca's and a Swisse chaser, late late supper of champions"

vCash
    Horwill, Folau and Genia would also have rated a mention, don't you think? Perhaps AAC.
    They certainly would have, but knowing our current media the mention would have been more about them putting in long hours engaging with the fans of both nations because they're such honest hardworking people.

O'Connor and Beale should be out of the team for different reasons than being in a Maccas at 4 in the morning.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Totally agree Giggs , the lions are behaving very professionally arent they supposed to be the ones staying out late. Thick as pig shit springs to mind. Someone needs to tell young James a sportsmans career is measured as to how successful he was at the end of his playing days not during. Has JOC won anything so far/

vCash

My issue with the whole affair is that supposedly high performance athletes are eating fast food in the lead up to a test match.

you've gotta be pulling the piss! how is this relevant to anything? a who really cares if they down a cheeseburger or a whopper 3 whole days before the game?

unless it was riddled with salmonella & it caused them to miss the game it's not an issue.

if they were indulging JOC's habit and puffing on a couple of cigars then we could have complained about that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    you've gotta be pulling the piss! how is this relevant to anything? a who really cares if they down a cheeseburger or a whopper 3 whole days before the game?

unless it was riddled with salmonella & it caused them to miss the game it's not an issue.

if they were indulging JOC's habit and puffing on a couple of cigars then we could have complained about that
    No, I'm quite serious. I'm sure that Maccas is not part of the nutritional regime of the Wallabies.

Also, if you are going to quote me either don't edit it or make it obvious that you have done so.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ahhhhh, Salmon Ella, uncle of the famous Ella brothers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Ahhhhh, Salmon Ella.
    Someone orta hit that bastardface with a Fatwah. nobbled the 1995 All Blacks IIRC.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nah, that was the Irish guy. Botya Lyhnam.

vCash
    No, I'm quite serious. I'm sure that Maccas is not part of the nutritional regime of the Wallabies.

Also, if you are going to quote me either don't edit it or make it obvious that you have done so.
    that was the only part i disagreed with, getting a burger, or chips or whatever doesnt ruin a diet, especially when you train as hard as these guys do.

there was probably other wallabies & lions players out at the same time on wednesday night as well - like you and jargs have said we are only hearing about this because of who it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    that was the only part i disagreed with, getting a burger, or chips or whatever doesnt ruin a diet, especially when you train as hard as these guys do.

That is your opinion. You know what they say about opinions, right? I happen to disagree.

Not worth further discussion.

vCash
    Yeah fair call.
    I won't ever paraphrase or twist words though!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast