Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will Force players decide who plays in club finals

vCash
    So true Goony the only game plan they have is to give the ball to tatapu Same as what Uni does with Pocock and Wykes and then when the opposition is tired they bring in Chucky and he runs the opposition silly

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd View Post
    Scott Fardy was a first class player from the Warringah club in Sydney who was contracted into the Western Force as a full time professional player to cover the loose forward area. He was an outstanding player for Perth-Bayswater and would not have been out of place in the Ocean Blue jumper but as it happened the Force loose forwards were in good form and had few injuries, so that Pocock, Brown, Fava, Pusey, Horua and Hogdson had the positions well covered and by the end of the season it was obvious Fardy would not be needed so he was released.

He was a great contributor to Perth-Bayswater, well liked and respected at the club, a good club man who gave a lot more than his professional duties dictated, and the club was very sorry to see him go.
    That is exactly what I meant. He is a first class player but he never threatened any of the force players for there positions.

vCash
    The best teams will decide who will be in the finals, the game is a team sport not a individual one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    So true Goony the only game plan they have is to give the ball to tatapu Same as what Uni does with Pocock and Wykes and then when the opposition is tired they bring in Chucky and he runs the opposition silly
    ....although Chucky hasn't been playing, has he? He certainly didn't play aginst Paly - but I just put that down to discretion being the better part of valour, seeing as he used to be a Paly man and I gather has pissed Paly off somewhat.

But then Unnamed Sauces tell me he didn't play last Saturday either and that he has Ross River Virus or Ross River Fever, depending on which Unnamed Sauce I spoke to.

One of the unnamed sauces also tells me that the players shall no longer assist their clubs this year. Awaiting an official word from RWA.....

vCash
    I am sure he played the last 15 maybe 20 against Baysies, and I think you are right about the Force players not participating any further

vCash
    At McGillivray Oval, premiers Perth-Bayswater dropped to sixth with a 27-15 loss to University and now face a huge mountain to climb to make the finals with six teams in the running in a very tight competition. University benefited enormously from the presence of Western Force flanker David Pocock, lock Sam Wykes, halfback James Stannard and lock Tom Murday

vCash
    Yes but in the previous week's reports:

In two lower-table battles, Wests-Subiaco defeated Cottesloe 36-34 at Rosalie Park, while a University team with Force stars David Pocock, James Stannard and Tom Murday handed the wooden spoon back to Palmyra with a 29-14 win at Tompkins Park.

And I promise you he didn't play in that one. I was at Rocky v Kala this week so I dunno if he played, but my Unnamed Sauce, whom I spoke to this evening at the U/20 comp at Joondalup indicated he didn't. But then he (or she) wasn't at the game either..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

One of the unnamed sauces also tells me that the players shall no longer assist their clubs this year. Awaiting an official word from RWA.....
    I heard the same thing from a few unnammed sauces with ties that match Mr Perthgirl's new one on Friday. Everyone's got this week off and after that they'll be getting ready to head for the UK tour.

vCash
    Chucky definitely played against Cott 2 rounds ago. I wasn't at the game this week or last week both due to severe hangovers.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    chucky did play against us but only the last 20mins, didnt do too much really, knocked on a sitter of a pass and did a box kick that went out on the full... and i know the boys trained for the european tour today, my mate rang up saying he was drenched!!!

vCash
    Thanks Goony I new I did not have that many beers to get confused

vCash
    i can confirm that chucky didnt play last week against Pally. He did have Ross River Virus, but was recovering and was still weak. However, he did play on the weekend against Perth Bayswater. But still wasnt at his best.

vCash
    i remember sitting on the side line while UNI got belted every week.. for years... you'll get no sympathy from me.

but speaking or rugby WA.. i just went to the web page to check fixtures and tables etc... and do you think i can navigate to them?? i ended up getting them of a club web page...??!! which was linked to a URL that i could not work out howe to get to from the normal RWA tree?? what's with that?.. is it just me or do other ppl have this problem..??

aus.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Do you want the seniors info? This page has it all: draws, results and grade tables.

RugbyWA | Senior Competition, sponsored by KWIK Transport & Crane Hire

If you go here can you click on the different swans and get the info for the different competitions.

RugbyWA | RugbyWA Competitions

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    When you develop the ability to think like a nincompoop, you'll be able to navigate the RugbyWA site.

Dispair not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast