Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WA Reds V Western Force advertising

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    They normally have quite a few spots on the radio in the week before the game, which I always seem to catch.....good marketing perhaps?

Besides, you can slag the lack of advertising all you like but something must be going OK when we get the biggest crowds and that is in a non rugby union state.

0 Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    given the down turn in attendances last year I would have thought they would put in a big effort to lure some of those people back

0 Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I think the downturn in attendances can be heavely attributed to the stadium.

The way to get them back is to win and have less negative coverage in the press, which will bring more excitement to overcome the negative impact of poor seating....hopefully this will all happen this year. With the news that we are in a better stadium next year this should entice some back for another go.

0 Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I think the downturn in attendances can be heavely attributed to the stadium.
    Your probably right, and I would expect the same thing in regards to Subi being a shit hole (I tried to think of something better to describe the ground but that was the best I could come up with).

But for RugbyWA not to be putting the good word out there they are effectively running a white flag up the pole

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    i think the argument that your not a rugby union state is a bit strange. i dont think there is such a thing as a rugby union state in australia. both queensland and nsw are league states with union second and perhaps arguably on par with afl. its only been in the last couple of years that rugbynsw has promoted the waratahs in any memerable ways. same with tests. i think its a rugby problem in general.

this year has by far been the best marketing for nsw rugby ive ever seen, papers, a crudload of taxis and billboards everywhere in the city. just hope it turns into numbers. i dont think perth is alone though, i dont think anyone in aru headquarters understands marketing. last year they had there season launch for the test series in the middle of sydney with lots of kids games and activities on a school day at 10 am, there pretty much retards.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Even if the advertising budget has been slashed they should be hyping up the first home fixture big time. Then, providing the team performs, the support will generate it's own momentum. The non-converted are probably still thinking cricket season.

0 Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I've seen tv ad's and heard heaps about the game on the radio - mainly on 96fm though. There's definitely been a few in the paper too.
    I think the tv ad's are for the whole season rather than concentrating on one game, though I agree, mentioning when the season starts would be a good plan.

0 Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i think the argument that your not a rugby union state is a bit strange.
    you would think that arguement would intensify the need for advertising if anything.

In a competitive sporting market and with Freo Dockers and West Coast Eagles games sold out in memberships, the only way you get tickets to an AFL game is by queing from the early hours outside a ticketmaster office or paying well above market value from a scalper.

You would think Rugby would try to take the bull by the horns, whilst the stadium is less then desirable, I would have expected more of an effort from the marketing guys

Sounds like the Marketing guys at the NSWRU have actually put in more of an effort

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    nsw have to put in a crudload of effort, we can have a game of afl, a couple of rugby league and the tahs running on the same night so all three sports generally throw there money around a bit, for the waratahs they get the jump witht he super 14 starting so early, so they try to attract as many people early on. as the comp wears on and people have a large choice it tends to depend on how the waratahs are going, but the advertising up untill a couple of years ago was shocking!

if the dockers and eagles are sold out, you would think that the force would be able to spend less money to attract better crowds! but being visable and being smart are two very different things. do they have a radio station as a sponsor or a tv show that craps on alot about them or anything?

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    TV not really, aprat from Foxsports Inside Rugby etc. 96fm are their main radio sponsor/partner, I think hence why a few ad's ads have been on 96fm, last week I heard a plug for the game on Nova 93.7 before the news as well.

Like has been stated above, the Force have had an ad on the TV since at least the weekend but gives no details about any actual games, just to contact ticketmaster

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The non-converted are probably still thinking cricket season.
    I doubt it, With WA having another dismal season, and with just one 4 day game remaining. Apart from the people who play cricket on a saturday arvo

0 Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting. I would have said that the advertising this year has been the best I've seen so far, in that I've seen general S14 ads and specific Force ads on FTA TV and much more and/or visible ads in the newspapers. I don't listen to radio, so can't comment on that.

0 Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I certainly am impressed by the quality of the ads I've seen for this season. So perhaps the only question is can they afford to have them played enough to increase attendance.

Hope they can, for as much as subi is lousy it is better when it's full.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    The Busselton Jets will be advertising for players on Saturday at Mitchell Park, 9 until about 11.30. I wont be there but pop down and say g'day.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    There are flash ads promoting the game on the west.com.au too. Although I do think they need to make sure the right game for the week is promoted every time.

Which one is it this Friday?

Blues? or Cheetahs?

0 Not allowed!
    Go The Force!

vCash
    The Force could sponsor the community radio program on rugby. $20 adds is cheap like the budgy........compared with the cost of hiring Subi

0 Not allowed!
    How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast