Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Giteau threatens to walk if Force don't pay $1m

vCash
    Can't believe Gits or his manager is letting this happen - makes Gits look like a 2 yr old - "Give me back my lollies or I take my toys away"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    No, as there source is clearly the West. They are clearly subliterate morons though, when you read their version against what they are purporting to represent. I suspect they must be hiring failed engineering students rather than anyone that has gone near an english degree.
    Failed literary writers.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Can't believe Gits or his manager is letting this happen - makes Gits look like a 2 yr old - "Give me back my lollies or I take my toys away"
    Isn't Gits his own manager these days?

vCash
    Nah mate according to the West he has a representative called James Erskine

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I just had a thought and please someone correct me if i am wrong

Super14 players all get the same amount of money from the "Provinces"
    I believe this amount is $140,000

the extras come from a seperate contract from the ARU

and

third party sponsors arranged by players/players managers

Or am I wrong?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I hazard a guess the amount from the provinces could vary from player to player too, but yeah, the top figure is about $140k max to come from the provinces themselves.

vCash
    I think some of you need to be more realistic, he came to the Force because he was offered that much money. Dont try and tell me that it wasnt orgbanised by RugbyWa either because i think it might be just more then a slight coincidence that the said company was also one of there major sponsors.

He left his home town because the money was too attractive to turn down, then the sponsorship went belly up, thats fair enough, but the only way he can get that money back is if he signs a extended contract, even though he was entitled to that money in the first place?

If i was Gits and they were trying to rort me like that i would be pissed as well!

Its a matter of principle now, the Force are trying to rort him, if they were truly concerned about him as a player they would be getting a third party sponsor to top up his missing money without throwing a contract extension clause into it.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    They aren't trying to rort him TOCC, he is entitled to the money FROM Firepower.
    Period.
    With another .
    You can spin it how you like but after the last run in with the ARU RWA has played this one to the book and Gits has been unfortunately caught up in a company going bust.
    Just like the other players and quite a few shareholders I would imagine.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ditto on the if

I don't think we'd drop way down the ladder just yet. I'll still be in the stands anyway. Pretty sure most of the other tragics around these parts will be too.

On Giteau's payment; if I were a sponsor I would make it clear that I would only make up his Firepower losses if he intend staying 'till 2011. That's not some kind of blackmail. Just common sense.

That is absolutely correct. No business is going to pay him his back dues without a ROI, which means stay and we'll pay; go and you go alone. I know which way I would jump if I was in that situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Dont try and tell me that it wasnt orgbanised by RugbyWa either because i think it might be just more then a slight coincidence that the said company was also one of there major sponsors.
    There might be more than just coincidence involved. I dunno and neither do you TOCC. Peter O'meara and Tim Johnstone go back a fair way if reports are correct.
    But what's that got to do with the present situation? As has been said many times shareholders, high profile sportsmen form all codes and other sports as well as The Force themselves and other sporting organisations ended up out of pocket over the whole mess.

The fact is that NO sponsor is going to make an unconditional backpayment to anyone unless they can see some future benefit to their organisation. The only other choice would be for RugbyWA to make up the difference to Giteau. I don't know if they are allowed to do that and even if they are, I wouldn't expect them to. They did not send Firepower bust. Firepower did. End of story. Move on.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Of course it's not a co-incidence- anyone who sponsors a sporting team has presumably decided that the team gives them reach to thier target market- it stands to reason that if the team does, sponsoring their highest profile player would also gel with the strategy. Throw in a personal interest (such as ET Mining's rugby tragic directors) and there's no surprises that they seem to be doing as much.
    I should add the caveat that Firepower didn't seem to be too worried who they were throwing money at (Force, South Sydney, Sydney Kings etc) so this may not be strictly true, but it still obviously fit some model whereby association with sporting bodies (and sportmen) was important to them.

There's no shortages of businesses in the world that have gone ass-up. And when they do, you end up stuck fighting with all the other creditors for your due. I can't see what the difference is here, except that the man happens to be very talented with a football in his hands or near his boots and thus there's plenty of people looking to 'help' him out of it.

Last edited by Swee_82; 30-10-08 at 14:42.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

He left his home town because the money was too attractive to turn down, ....
    And because he gets to start games on the field, not on the bench or in the stands.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    TOCC- No-one can be held responsible for Firepower OTHER than firepower. Thats just how it is. The force may have organised the deal, but noone other than gits signed the contract. RugbyWA didn't know it would fold. Gits didn't know. How is it our fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    I agree, if this is how Gits operates then he is like a child. Not the best image to present to the world, is it?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    TOCC- No-one can be held responsible for Firepower OTHER than firepower. Thats just how it is. The force may have organised the deal, but noone other than gits signed the contract. RugbyWA didn't know it would fold. Gits didn't know. How is it our fault?

I agree, if this is how Gits operates then he is like a child. Not the best image to present to the world, is it?
    like i said, the firepower subject is done and dusted, this is about the fact that the only way he can get the money he signed on for initially is to sign a contract extension. That is bullshit and you have to be ignorant to think its not.

Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    And because he gets to start games on the field, not on the bench or in the stands.
    please tell me your joking?

vCash
    like i said, the firepower subject is done and dusted, this is about the fact that the only way he can get the money he signed on for initially is to sign a contract extension. That is bullshit and you have to be ignorant to think its not.

please tell me your joking?
    TOCC you are correct - it is bullshit but not RugbyWA fault - it's the way the whole 3rd party thing is set up - this story we have heard about but what about 3rd party stuff being late or not appearing at all.

If RugbyWa was in control of the 3rd party stuff there would be better security for the players - if RugbyWa does anything it will get fined - it's happened in the past and it will happen in the future. The ARU has made it very clear that players and their managers (on 20%) are responsible for 3rd party stuff.

If Matt has a problem it is with the original manager who failed to do due diligence on the 3rd party stuff that lured him here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast