Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force Downed by Hurricanes

vCash
    Just read the below artical

http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-unio...310-1ur5k.html

"I thought the way we approached the game was the right approach. Our aim was to try to go through them." Richard Graham

You are up against one of the best Defensive centres in the world and you game plan was "go through them"??

How did that work for you...

not quite sure where he comes up with these inspratonal game plans...

"Alright guys the plan this week is Get the ball to Paddy and siddie so they will go through the defece, score a try and we win...any questions??"

0 Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    I think if we're going to play field possession, and kick for territory. We've gotta put the ball over the f**king touch line. We've got sharpie playing 80 minutes week in week out. Utilise him for what he does best...
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    also, although Shepherd is constantly injured and his chip kick led to a try I still feel like he is the only one in the team that is capable of creating something from nothing, he is the only one with any class. These guys sidey, dellit just crash it up, they are not line breakers, but I guess there are no other options.
    Shep lacked a bit of confidence, though. After the chip kick, on several occasions when he had the opportunity to run at the defence or receive a pass, he kicked or motioned the player next to him to kick.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Our defence was bloody ordinary - we dropped off too many tackles and lacked defensive structure, the result of which was 6 tries against us, and frankly, to refer to the "bounce of the ball" in the interview afterwards was insulting (as someone said in a post above, one try out of six doesn't deserve a mention - to me it's evasive or delusional). The other two big disappointments for me were that we couldn't convert 30mins of first half dominance into tries and, more alarmingly, we gave up! I expected the boys to come out in the second half full of intensity and fight back, but we were average and when the 'canes picked up their intensity it was very bloody obvious from the stands. Have we developed a losing culture???

PS I agree, Matt H had a big game, full of heart (as usual) - and I reckon Chucky also gave it a big go (for a man playing out of position) - he frequently presented options and broke the line when he saw the chance. Both were highlights in an otherwise ordinary event.

0 Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    66% tackle completion from memory.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Bloody hell, that's bad - do you have the data for the 'canes?

0 Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No offence intended to you Macattack, however, it is amusing how often commentators and "knowledgeable" supporters refer to Chukka as being out of position. My understanding is he has played as often, if not more, in double digit jerseys than the #9... Maybe it is affirming to the East Coast commentators’ bias and comforting to the supporter to think he is out of position when things don’t go to script.

0 Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    You may be right, I see him as a 9 because that's what I thought we recruited him as - and, personally, i seems to suit him better (from a humble second-rower's perspective).

0 Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Don't get me wrong, I personally think he is better suited, at least at this level, to Scrum Half as well...also from a humble Forwards perspective

0 Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Friday night was tough. It was tough to put my kids through that, particularly for them to have to sit through almost 80 minutes of their dad directing his ranting and raving at the Force. The last thing I want to be is vocal, I'd much prefer to quietly sit in the stands watching the rugby, but it is pretty tough to sit quietly in frustration.

As a consequence of this (and the inability of the Force to get the kids excited), I despair that the little KQs will in the very near future revolt against attending Force home games and worse, shift their energy, support and time to the Eagles. This will no doubt undermine years of careful planning and indoctrination all geared towards ensuring rugby particularly in WA and Australia could bank on decades of continued support from the KQ household. It will also break their dad's heart.

I can only hope that Wests Subiaco has a fantastic year..
    Looking forward to see if Wests can move it up this year - few players should make their premier debuts this season. Interesting to see if the prediction of player defection is true.

0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3