Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Perception for conflict of interest is John Mitchell's latest problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    He also must have owed Wayne Smith a favour, because I'm pretty sure you don't need two senior rugby journalists to write a story about nothing!
    Hit the nail on the head, where is the actual story here?? Or is it just a rather shoddy opinion piece?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ask your mum...
    Thanks for being so insensitive.

That option is not available to me.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Actually no, in any properly run board meeting the first item of business is the declaration of conflicts of interest. At that point, assuming the third party contract is on the agenda, the chair should not the conflict of interest and not the absence of the party in the minutes. This should be done as the first item of business when the agenda point surfaces.

The only possible way he could have any input at a board meeting is if the item comes up as a matter of other business in which case the discussion may continue for a short time before the conflict of interest is evident. At this point, it is the responsibility of the board member to interrupt the discussion, declare the conflict and absent himself.....all of this must be noted in the minutes of the board meeting.

As a publicly listed company ET mining's board meetings are subject to scrutiny and therefore John and the other board members would be insane to play fast and loose with conflicts of interest.....jail time is not out of the question!
    He can't talk if mintutes are being taken...however there are many types of business meetings ask Giteau...

It just another little grey cloud following Mitch...

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I've got this really really big knife that's really really sharp.
    If someone was to drop it or grab it the wrong way they could cut themselves quite badly.
    Should I get rid of it????
    All knives are clearly a disaster waiting to happen, so are the death traps that we call motor transport. The only safe place is in your bed, better stay there, but wait a plane could fall on your house, better get rid of them too. Gee on second thought a meteorite could also fall on your house, might as well just shoot ourselves now, it's clearly inevitable that everthing is going to go wrong.

Or perhaps we might just stop worrying about things which could go wrong and concentrate on what is right and see the small problems that we face in perspective.
    This is an article about nothing from someone trying to make something out of nothing.

vCash
    the main thing is, the force cant "afford" john mitchell, a coach without success needs two jobs to get by. he must have some debts to pay off!

i would be more pissed that the full time coach is working elsewere, head in the game boy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Thanks for being so insensitive.

That option is not available to me.
    sorry about that...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Right!

"The revelation of Mitchell's involvement with one of the Force's sponsors..."
    Would that be the revelation in September last year? Someone needs to sack the researcher, or clear out the mudsack a bit more often to keep it current.

"...given the sensitivity around these things, there is the potential for conflict,"
    OH NO! Better put a stop to it, that way there will never be any possible conflict in the team! Or did they actually mean there is nothing wrong with it, but we need to make it sound bad?

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As a publicly listed company ET mining's board meetings are subject to scrutiny and therefore John and the other board members would be insane to play fast and loose with conflicts of interest.....jail time is not out of the question!
    As a general note, sure. But in this context, settle down. Conflict of interest at board level is the sort of thing that attracts the attention of the ASX. I am tolerably sure that Mitchell could own ET Mining outright and the ASX wouldn't give a flying if he also coached the Force!

And seriously, the sponsorship of Rugby players is a board level decision!!? Please - those board meeting must run on something fierce. Almost every aspect of their actual business would be more important, so presumably they all have to therefore be dealt with first.

But hey, has everyone checked their super fund? Better be careful, you may own some SMH shares and should be banned from saying anything about the Waratahs in case it was inside information. And I am sure that the directors of all the Unions have carefully gone through their shareholdings to make sure they have no possible association with any of their sponsors. Lucky they don't even get along with (and even secretly hate) them, despite all those cosy corporate functions over all those years. I mean, they'd barely be on speaking terms so no chance of nods and winks when it comes to things like, say, recruiting back lost players...

A last point - Mitch is a director in a local company...guess that's a clear sign that he will vanish the moment his coaching stint is up...

Last edited by AndyS; 17-02-09 at 12:58.

vCash
    AndyS... True ASX wont be interested… I think the main points are…. will it affect how the players respond to him?...perhaps that was answered as their was a vote of no confidence as Mitch and ETmining is old news as you pointed out.... and secondly, how it influences the key sponsor’s relationship with the Force board?...

The article headline sums it up nicely…. “Perception for conflict of interest is John Mitchell's latest problem”…

And….Is was this a part of the Anderson Report being leaked week 2 ?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Now there is an interesting thought - sack him as your coach and he becomes your sponsor rep...!

vCash

And….Is was this a part of the Anderson Report being leaked week 2 ?
    Your starting to look desperate, Muddy. You'd better leave it a while and come back on another tack.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Your starting to look desperate, Muddy. You'd better leave it a while and come back on another tack.
    Address the points...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    …. will it affect how the players respond to him?...
    Well, you'd have thought it would make them wary of pissing him off if they also thought he held the purse-strings...

…. perhaps that was answered as their was a vote of no confidence...
    Oh, apparently they aren't concerned...

….and secondly, how it influences the key sponsor’s relationship with the Force board?...
    Hmm, yes, maybe it would make the Force management really cautious about how they deal with him...

….Is was this a part of the Anderson Report being leaked week 2 ?
    Oh, that is right, they called the filth on him - guess they must be worried too.

If concerns about "perceptions" are the best the Anderson report has come up with, guess that was money well spent then.

vCash
    AndyS.... So I take it you like the guy and think he is doing a good job...

interpretating your reply perhaps he has too much influence in the organisation...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    the main thing is, the force cant "afford" john mitchell, a coach without success needs two jobs to get by. he must have some debts to pay off!

i would be more pissed that the full time coach is working elsewere, head in the game boy!
    After some serious thought and contempation(once again) ive just realised your still a tool.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    the main thing is he must have some debts to pay off!

Yeah my brother has just painted his house he now owes the family

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 17-02-09 at 19:18.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast