Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Reds

vCash
    BLR I accept your point, but England generally advance their score by penalties not tries. Admittedly the ELV's change that prospect a bit in Super Rugby.

Bring on ELV's at international level, I say - I think they have been very good for this tournament.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    YOTC, you have to remember this is not AFL....there is a reason Rugby Union is world wide, it is a game that can be brilliant and is the only sport that everyone can realistically play...watch AFL or basketball if you want constant scoring that doesn't mean too much but to see a real battle, to see two teams fight tooth and nail and assert thier strength in the most dramatic and sometimes ugly ways....Rugby is the game...it's early years, the love of the state and rugby is what we on this forum are all about, if your not enthused about the rugby then you probably won't see much in the game, such as I don't see the appeal of AFL what-so-ever.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Not a rugby man I suspect, did you read my post?

Camping out in the oppositions 22, not giving up the ball but not really doing anything with it is negative tactics, that's what the Reds did....we didn't get any ball to play negatively. The ball doesn't just magically pop up into our hands because we will it, rugby is a hard game and when you have a superior forward pack up against you the only ball you will most likely get is if they stuff it up or if you get a turnover, they didn't often get it to thier backs so it was a matter or waiting until they coughed it up. Yet that'd lead to a scrum which we were monstered in....now....how is that us playing negatively, because we didn't let them run through us and score so we could get kick the ball off from the midfield?

Did you see the Forces backline plays when they got thier hands on it....where is the negativity there?
    No doubt the Reds are worse than the Force at Killing rugby, All of Australian rugby is pretty negative. I was actually happy that Pocock just gave up the penalty so the Force could actually get the ball into the reds half and who knows, maybe win some possesion. Not the right way but because of the lack of quality ball stealers and opportunists it was the only way the Force were getting off the back foot

In the First half the Force made some good linebreaks, but there was nothing creative or exciting about them. You could see how surprised the rest of the team was when the Force went forward by the lack of support.

Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    i get annoyed when people start saying how shit they played and crap about there attitude when you just watched it on the tv and think you know everything. I would listen to nathan sharpe or one of the players say the force played crap because he accually plays rugby and he knows what was going on.

Its very easy to say things like that sitting down eating a pie from your house 1000ks away.

If you have ever played a game of rugby you should know that sometimes when you arnt playing as well as you should or something is not right then the team does stupid things and it doesnt look great.
    That's fine. Rugby Union doesn't excite me anymore. A few teams do such as the Crusaders but really the style just doesn't agree with me.

I always felt that points for penalties and drop goals should be reduced and laws changed to make it more to my liking. I am hiding nothing here. I don't enjoy Rugby Union anymore, and I hate the way Australian teams play.

I know who was killing the ball, I know who made the game slow today but I also know that you can change that with some different tactics.

I'm just waiting for the League calls

Gareth Hardy - The All Rounder.

vCash
    ok fair enough, i dont think anybody here will agree with you and leave the force though.

about the pocock penalty, It looked like the ball was out and they had been standing for a while doing nothing, i think the ref should have let that go.

vCash
    YOTC: You're right about your 'hidden' text waiting for the 'league' calls, it seems that is pretty much what you are describing.

The problem with negative tactics is that there isn't much to do about it but play even more negatively, which the Force did not do, that's why they lost. The reason South Africa beat England in the final is that they played even more negative rugby then the English, and the Force are simply not capable of that....the ELV's are attempting to allow positive rugby to actually be a counted but as this game showed....it does not work, the ELV's are flawed in many ways and this game showed that perhaps they don't really changed a thing, despite less penalty goals, which is not neccesarily a good thing as it means instead of giving away a penalty and starting again you can be pinned down on your ten metre line for ten minutes like was happening much of tonight....if anything it makes the game even more negative...

vCash
    What is negative rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    I dont think anybody here will agree with you and leave the force though.
    And I don't expect them too.

I just wanted to explain my POV, I believe there are ways to beat Negativity in all sports. It happened in AFL recently (not 100% but it's getting there) and it can happen in Union too.

Quote Originally Posted by BLR
    YOTC: You're right about your 'hidden' text waiting for the 'league' calls, it seems that is pretty much what you are describing.
    League is not a sport. It's a 100% forced game of running and attack. It's like going to a demolition derby because you love watching the cars crash in racing or watching Twenty20 because you like it when they hit the sixes in the cricket.

Gareth Hardy - The All Rounder.

vCash
    yea i know league isnt a sport, its full of negative attitude and bad spirits, everything is stupid rugby is boring i hate everything im gonna go and watch afl now

vCash
    negative rugby my arse, we got thumped by a team that played with more enthusiasm, better tactics and a positive mindset. we were tactically inept and unenthusiastic with bucket loads of poor attitude. while very hard to accept, watch and comment on, in reality thats what happened. YOTC, feel free to leave, just dont claim to be a diehard when the force start dominating

vCash
    Thank you nearthetop

The Reds deserved the win. I was at Suncorp, and the Reds definately didn't play negative

vCash
    much respect to all TWFers who paid their hard earned cash to fly over and watch the game......

vCash
    cool jargs ..... somtimes you lose and theres not much you can do about it except have a beer and look to the next game .... on the other hand i can fully understand the anger/frustration at the result, its tearing me up inside too.

vCash
    how was suncorp? everyone who went over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    much respect to all TWFers who paid their hard earned cash to fly over and watch the game......
    seconded

vCash
    thirded & thanked for showing their support on our behalf

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast