Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force snatch victory at the death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Who cares about football. Mark out another goal square, I'll mark out the stupid thing if it means I get my try line back.
    I couldn't help but notice that the boundary line for the footy was already marked up brighter than the rugby field lines! Ah- our dear friends in sport the WAFC huh?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The boys really showed true determination and you have got to be happy with that.

I'm not normally one to pick on refs too much but seriously...what the hell? Ecky can you please explain to me why Fava was sent off? And why it was impossible for them to notice that the Bulls pent the majority of their time offside? And why the touchies missed every single call no matter if they were standing right in front of it? I'm actually quite serious because maybe i'm understanding the rules wrong or something but there did seem to be an awful amount of mistakes, exacerbated by the ref shrugging his shoulders to complaints 3 times and changing his mind on an offside call twice!

Last edited by Jehna; 05-04-08 at 17:51.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    people who leave early should die. or not buy tickets!! honestly! we always grab the win in the last minutes (most of the time) and it is dead exciting i jumped for about 5 mins with laura and steph and steph and oh my SUBI WAS WILD!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Yea, great win!! Lets hope the winning streak continues.

GO THE FORCE!!!!

Eat, Sleep, Swim...what else is there?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    people who leave early should die.

OK - you need to take a breath and calm down

that statement is just ridiculous.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    well not die, but should reconsider coming to the games

vCash
    Well i'm sitting at home watching freo vs west coast and it looks like they couldnt get the big "toyota" sponsor sign painted with all the wet weather.

all they've got is a little toyota sign instead of the usual big red one that the AFL has.

the "Fly Emirates" sponsor was so thinly painted last nite i could see the green of the grass through it in some places.

the funniest thing is the Rugby sponsors Investec are still nicely visable

vCash
    guh. the things they do for AFL these days

vCash
    Maybe Toyota should also sponsor the Force then they could have their sign permanently on the ground and everyone would be a winner!! Emirates sign should have been painted better! They can always spray a little green paint over it after!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Maybe Toyota should also sponsor the Force then they could have their sign permanently on the ground and everyone would be a winner!! ...
    not quite. the playing area still wouldn't have corners.

vCash
    Well atleast it would be marginally better then. Its the best we can get unless Toyota want to sponsor the $35million for a whole stadium!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Well i'm sitting at home watching freo vs west coast and it looks like they couldnt get the big "toyota" sponsor sign painted with all the wet weather.

all they've got is a little toyota sign instead of the usual big red one that the AFL has.

the "Fly Emirates" sponsor was so thinly painted last nite i could see the green of the grass through it in some places.

the funniest thing is the Rugby sponsors Investec are still nicely visable
    They were painting over the lines until ten minutes before kick-off...from where we were, we could still see the Fly Emirates sign...and we were like....that's right people

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Ref appeared to be a bit confused last night would love to watch a rerun of the game to find out how the commentators found the quality of reffing.
    You're going to rely on that bunch of commentators for your opinion?

Ye Gods - help us!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I'm not normally one to pick on refs too much but seriously...what the hell? Ecky can you please explain to me (1)why Fava was sent off? (2)And why it was impossible for them to notice that the Bulls pent the majority of their time offside? (3)And why the touchies missed every single call no matter if they were standing right in front of it? I'm actually quite serious because maybe i'm understanding the rules wrong or something but there did seem to be an awful amount of mistakes, exacerbated by the ref shrugging his shoulders to complaints 3 times and(4) changing his mind on an offside call twice!
    OK, here goes:
    1) Fava was sin binned, not sent off. Ref had previously spoken to Sharpie about cynical play. Fava was the next to be cynical. He had to go. Sorry. I am as one-eyed as everyone else in here but that was, well, fair enough in the circumstances.

2) A slight exaggeration there... It wasn't "the majority of their time" nor was it all that often - from where I was sitting. But yes, he did miss a few.

3) "every single call" may be the next slight exaggeration. (And they're "Assistant Referees" these days) It depends on what the ref asked his AR's to assist him with during the game - some particularly arrogant refs tend to tell their AR's just to rule on touch, shots at goal and foul play. Nothing else. I dunno what Steve Walsh requested but maybe he could review it for his future games...

4) Rather mystifying to me, that one. Law discussion in "The Laws" thread shall follow. Suffice to say that I disagreed with his first ruling, completely agreed with his second one and then vehemently disagreed with his third one when he reverted to his first one. (but then I am a mere 1st/2nd Grade ref in Community Rugby in WA)This could cause more debate in the refereeing fraternity than Spanner's (correctly-called) no-try decision in NZ. Give me a bit of time and I'll post some stuff on it.

vCash
    end of the day a good win
    GO THE FORCE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast