Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Crocodile Hunter (Steve Irwin) - Dead!

vCash
    i was sitting with a bunch of friends at uni and they were all laughing and making jokes about it too. i was the only one who pointed out he was leaving a wife and kids and so we shouldn't be laughing about what had happened. Turns out that makes me 'too nice'. Urrgh!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Wasn't funny the first time...

EDIT - Not in relation to Jessc's above post, she is actually quite funny. Was related to a post that was deleted, disregard.

Last edited by Sagerian; 08-09-06 at 22:45.

vCash
    or the second, or the third.. a bit slow these bokke supporters.

I missed the Enough Rope interview but downloaded the torrent and will watch it tonight... am really looking forward to it now

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Whilst it is indeed in bad taste, its incredibly common for people to use humour to deal with shit - not just for celebrities (as they're usually somewhat easier to poke fun at) but ive seen friends using humour in the mourning of lost family members and even partners who have passed before their time.

The question often asked is "too soon?". Well its a subjective thing isnt it... the thread shows that opinions differ amoungst us.

Whilst i'd certainly discourage any behaviour on the forums that is disrespectful, i dont think any of the moderation team is in a position to decide what respect means - its an individual thing.

If you can have a chuckle at these jokes, without being callous about... who is to say you are not showing respect?

I think you'll find the humour comes from the wit and the wordplay, as opposed to laughing AT steve irwin and who he was.

Poor taste does not immediately mean disrespect.

If you oppose the topic, of course feel free to speak up... but please do so within the forum guidelines. I know it's an emotional issue, but we wont tolerate outright flaming.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Hmm, I knew it was a bad idea for me to come into this thread. I use humour to deal with things too, helps the grieving process... But how many people are grieving and using humour as misdirection and how many are having a cheap laugh...

Not saying anyone here is or isn't, but the body was still warm when these jokes started.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    As far as Steve Irwin is concern, we'd probably all agree that humor is pretty much a must have in any thread or eulogy in regards to his demise. Tastefulness of said humor is subjective, and if you don't like it - be vocal about it, (but not abusive please).

Once was probably pretty bad taste, 3 times is just stupid - all three deleted becuase of stupidity, not content.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    hmmm I missed everything, but I think when people choose to use humor to deal with something tragic they should have a think about it befor they speak, it may offend others... but for those who want a little chickle, and I didnt find this offensive, dont know how other will see it, im sure any one who likes chuck norris will appriciate one of the quotes in there! check this out http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin
    also does anyone know why every one is so upset about it? I'm shattered and i didnt even know the guy! im confused....

vCash
    Can i just ask - what was the 'topic' of the 'stupid' posts.. Just courios

Rookie
    vCash
    yea i was curious about that too.....

vCash
    i think this is a thread that should be left alone now guys... wouldn't serve any purpose to bring it all up again.

Lets let the man rest in peace and we can go on talking about rugby.

I made Happy sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just been sent this little piece of Croc Hunter gold, it's worth the download wait
    http://www.youtube.com/v/pa_7P5AbUww

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3