Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wykes speaks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    but how well can you text?
    ...and can you manage that with a pint in one hand and a movie star in the other?

OK....we know about the pint.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Too bloody right it is. But there's absolutely no need or place for some of the disparaging language that appears here sometimes. That's not to say you have done that. I haven't looked .
    Maybe we should discuss who we think should be in the team their places, and why, if we think any of them need replacing? Negativity never won a Rugby game.
    Have you been eating the mull cookies?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...and can you manage that with a pint in one hand and a movie star in the other?

OK....we know about the pint.
    Would love to try. Life aint easy when you have a head like a beaten favourite though.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Wykes is shite.
    It's that simple and that complex. I don't care how many clubs he visits with his stupid mop haircut and I don't care how many planks he does at training. He has zero impact on the field and is usually seen waddling in backplay and generally being ineffective. You don't win rugby matches with players that aren't up to it. How many of the kiwi franchises do you think would pick him?
    He might be a good bloke. It isn't about that.
    Does the Force want to play winning rugby, make finals and win super rugby? If so get rid of the dead wood that aren't up to it and hire players that are good enough.

Controversy corner

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Well put, a better genuine good bastard and role model would be hard to find. Wouldn't be happy with his game but neither would the other 20 players last week.
    If I could do better myself I'd be bagging the crap out of them but I can't so I won't.
    You keyboard critics get on down and show us how it's done or STFU.
    We've had disagreements before Westie, but spot on here.
    I'll back you on this.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I still wonder about Sias as fly half, he is not a dynamic number 10 and his goal kicking is a game to game proposition. Also wasn't impressed with Zack Holmes at 15.
    I agree on both. We have two centres that hardly see front foot ball and this is mainly due to Sias. We should have taken the ascendancy from the start of the game against the Reds and put them on the back foot instead we constantly kicked it to them. I know it had been wet. Has Luke Burton played 10 or 15? I reckon we need to blood him sooner rather then later. Godwin is listed as a 10 too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm hoping that the Force aren't reverting back to this tight game approach this season. At the end of last season and in the trials it was great to watch them opening up and really using an attacking style but that bellyflop with the Reds was 20 steps backwards. Why do they insist on not keeping ball in hand as that's when they look dangerous. Against the Reds there was no one running onto the ball they were all flat footed, the only time they started to spark was with the yellow card and late in the second half which of course was after the horse had bolted. My pet hate also is grubber kick which is too risky IMHO, it hardly ever seems to work - why not run the extra metre or two and work another phase. After the game plan against the Tahs was so good the Reds one was a complete disaster. And with the Canes this week they're gonna run they ball all over the field. Still reckon the best form of defence is attack so I really hope there's no incessant kicking the ball away unless required.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You want to give the canes the ball as little as possible.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    You sure as hell don't want to kick them the ball in any space, or possibly at all. The only kicking that might be acceptable would be behind everyone and either safely into touch or strongly contested on the ground. Anything else is likely to cost the game - starvation has to be the plan.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Have you been eating the mull cookies?
    To the best of my knowledge, I don't recall.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Carmen Lawrence must have been delving into the same cookie jar!

vCash
    Suncorp had had 300mm of rain in 24 hours. The field was wet and slippery. I don't think it was unreasonable to have a kicking game on the day and play for territory.......that was how the Reds beat us, they just did it better. Our kicking was poor and wasn't backed up by a strong set piece. 10 man rugby only works if you have a superior scrum and lineout. We were 2nd best in every facet of the game. It was an ordinary performance. The miracle was that we lost by so few.

If they turn up with that attitude tonight, the canes will put 50 on us.

Our first two matches of last year were a disgrace and the season ended up being a good one. All is not yet lost

Controversy corner

vCash
    Sometimes Rex I wonder who's side you're actually on? LOL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3