Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How To Write A Father Of The Bride Wedding Speech?????

vCash
    Well today is the big day and this is what i have come up with.

First off I would like to start with an interesting fact, on this very day 75 years ago the famous Alcatraz prison, Received its first boat load of inmates. Young men were taken away from their families to lead a life of solitary confinement from which there was no escape. They were ruthlessly tortured, humiliated and forced to do their masters bidding. Now I'm sure that Trelawney’s choice of wedding date is Mealy a co-incidence.

For those of you who don’t know me, or know of me, I am Alexander the brides brother and I am talking to you today as the back up to the backup firstly for my father and secondly for my grandfather, and for those of you who do know me, well aren’t you lucky!.

Now down to business, on behalf of my family I would like to welcome you all here today to celebrate this Monumental occasion where we see Trelawney and Wade start their new lives together. Also I would like to extend a special welcome and thank you to Wade's parents <Neil and Chris> for the support and help they have given in the preparations for this ‘beautiful day’. A very special thank you must be given to Father Dennis and St John’s High Church in Fremantle for the wonderful ceremony. Which I think we can all agree will stay with us forever.

Well where to start with Trelawney, I am sure there is very little I could say that would surprise any of you. Well as we all know, Trelawney is a very ‘unique’ person and that’s what makes her the special person we all know and love. There was never any doubt that Trelawney would grow to become a very ‘unique’ young lady, I mean when your first words are “BATMAN!” screamed at the top of your lungs shortly before launching yourself from a lounge room chair like a poorly co-ordinated Japanese dive bomber, really makes you stop and think and appreciate just how ‘unique’ she really is.

The first time I met wade to be honest I had mixed impressions, My first impression of him was “he seems nice enough, sense of dress is a little fruity, but he seems nice enough” but that quickly faded the more I thought about the situation, then I started to worry for the poor boys mental health for he seemed to be madly in love with Trelawney. But in all honesty you couldn’t find a nicer person than Wade. He is caring, sensitive and always willing to lend a hand. But most importantly he is good to Trelawney. Wade has a promising future as he is ambitious, driven and knows where he is going in life, and more importantly for this marriage, doesn’t mind being told how to get there.

Wade’s taste in overly bright coloured clothes makes him special and unfortunately the butt of most of my jokes which he takes in good stride. Wade the whole family couldn’t be happier that you are joining our ranks, for wade I don’t feel as though I am losing a sister as much as gaining another one! Wade this welcoming you to our family is just a formality, for you have been a cherished member of my family now for two years and a good friend for just as long. As evidence to how highly my mother thinks of wade, when he asked her if he could marry Trelawney she replied, “are you sure you want to do that?”

Wade has been with us long enough to share in the very best of times and also the very worst of times, Trelawney I know that both our Father and grandfather would be ever so proud of you today and more importantly given their approval to the man you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with.

We wish you both the happiest of lives and all the love in the world as you both set forth on this journey that will see you start your own family and live long happy lives.

Wade it is at this point that I feel I should offer you some advice Wade, due to the current economic crisis I think it is important for you to know, the most expensive vehicle in the world to operate per km is a shopping trolley operated by Trelawney.

Can you all stand and charge your glasses in Honour of Trelawney and Wade.

“To the newly married Mr and Mrs Woodley, may your lives together be long, happy and your future as bright as one of Wade’s pink shirts”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Good luck man, may i suggest a few pints to quench your laranyx prior to your speech...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Liquid Courage

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I would have thought it was more "and for those of you who do know me, stop hidung under the table".

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Badger, for gods sake don't do what I did as best man. Write a great speech, then get completely hammered in the morning of, during and at the recpetion to the point where I couldn't even read my speech whe n I stood up. So decided to scrunch it up and throw it into the audience of over 300 and preceeded to do an off the cuff speach. Which included me calling the bride shithead, which was suposed to part of a witty story but I forgot to tell it. By all accounts few have ever seen such a speach being made and such stunned silence from a large crowd during a long and painfull sitting.

This is my most shameful moment in my life, so take heed.

PS Oh and to add to the whole debacle the groomsman was crawling about the floor during my speech trying to chat up some of the ladies at the table.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    But did you have a good time tef...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Anyone willing to do a book on the chances of Badger being sobered up in time for the Aus Wales game

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He doesnt have enought money to lose for that one.

vCash
    Well Badge, you'll leave nobody wondering. For those who do know you, there's plenty of soft hearted (headed?) sentiments in there. anybody who really knows you will relise how hard those things come.....there's plenty of good natured shit stirring in there too.

Let's face it, these two know who you are and STILL asked you to do the speech so good luck......and watch out for the flying wine glasses from the lucky sods who don't know you from a bar of soap!

ps Wales are going to get their ass kicked!

C'mon the

vCash
    I'd have my money on his relatives outdrinking him anyway

vCash
    Badge, I withdraw my trepidation at your opening line. My friend that will be a wonderful speech spoken in the soberest of tones and your sister will love you even more. Well done son

vCash
    The Night went wonderfully, and the speech was received well. All my comments about wade being my sister were confirmed when he got up to do his speech and was in tears 3 lines in. But all up was a wonderful day and night.

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    http://www.freakybestmanspeech.com/

What a shame, too late to emulate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3