Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Force & Local Clubs vs Eastern clubs wtf!!!!

Player
    vCash
    Welsh

Your right with the growth of the junior base and having kids play the game from a young age the next generation onwards will begin to produce some very good players. And hopefully they will start filtering into the Force and ultimately the Wallabies. And your correct in many respects to the Sydney clubs. They do have better better junior representative and development structures. Which RugbyWA needs to implement. And that's not a huge ask actually. But what lies in the Easts favour is a history of playing either one of the Rugby codes. It's entrenched and we group watching and in many cases playing both Rugby and League.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Please forgive my ignorance!

Does rugby WA run/promote rugby in all the state and catholic schools? When I played it was only PSA and club colts.

Do the Force players do clinics at the non psa schools every week?
    This is a must if we want to drag kids from AFL/Soccer.

I was also wondering if there is anything on the web designed to indoctrinate/brainwash ther kids into wanabees - as this is the medium to get them interested.

I'm not concerned about my boys as they have had rugby implanted since birth and will chodse the enlightened path!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class View Post
    Welsh

Your right with the growth of the junior base and having kids play the game from a young .................................................. ........................................It's entrenched and we group watching and in many cases playing both Rugby and League.
    Prop53

Just curious Prop. Why smite that post? Seems pretty positive to me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Good question Shasta. I wasn't being critical. In fact I just stated the differing situation in the East. And I know this situation better than most. I was a Randwick junior and Colt. I just said the RugbyWA needs to implement a more competitive structure for junior representative rugby in WA.

If they did this the standard of the juniors will rise, so would the standard of the KWIK Cup and the Force could start playing WA locals rather than import them.

vCash
    Ok i have removed my smite i just disagree with bringing two codes of the game into question. I am die hard Union and will always be that. So therfore it is up to the ARU and any local (state ) union to develop our beloved game. For your infomation we have a excellent junior base but seem to lose them at a later age as they are not developed enough into senior grades. As i see it juniors are a clubs bread and butter of the future without who they would be no clubs to talk of. There as to be more interaction at lower school level, and again i state lets have a fairer way of clubs getting into higher grade rugby some may strugle at the start but will improve as will the clubs sponsors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prop53 View Post
    Ok i have removed my smite i just disagree with bringing two codes of the game into question. I am die hard Union and will always be that. So therfore it is up to the ARU and any local (state ) union to develop our beloved game. For your infomation we have a excellent junior base but seem to lose them at a later age as they are not developed enough into senior grades. As i see it juniors are a clubs bread and butter of the future without who they would be no clubs to talk of. There as to be more interaction at lower school level, and again i state lets have a fairer way of clubs getting into higher grade rugby some may strugle at the start but will improve as will the clubs sponsors.
    ie let the Brothers into premier grade, even though Wests's smashed us in the pre season

Player
    vCash
    Prop

I know that RugbyWA has a great number of juniors. I never questioned that. And mate I am not a fan of League. I was highlighting that both codes are part of the fabric. What I was suggesting was the establishment of some sort of Representative comp for your best in order to retain young players. It will also help all levels of Rugby in WA. Before I moved West I was a supporter of WA getting the Force. I want the game to grow here. And it has.

vCash
    So at last we are on the same wave length W/Class and you have my praise

Player
    vCash
    You'll find that any of my critism is usually followed by a suggestion on how to fix it.

vCash
    But then if you suggest how to fix it first then no need to criticize surely ?

Player
    vCash
    Sometimes you have to identify the problem first. Which does require a level of critical thinking. But at least with myself it's constructive. If you go around believing that is okay then the problems won't be fixed.

vCash
    Thinking Yes?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3