Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tell me it aint so: Waratahs aim for Benny Mac

vCash
    And stop the feckin kicking (at least until you are capable of doing it)

There was one kick in the game that I even felt deserved any applause at all and it was after the 70th minute when we were playing major catch up.....so it was a good kick, but a dumb kick.

Whatever happened to the passion, heart and speed of 2014? Because we're right back to 2012 at the moment.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by GIGS20; 13-03-15 at 23:00.
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    After Tonight's game, I think Ben needs to leave for the good of his own rugby, you can only carry a limp, directionless untalented group of mates on your back for so long
    I agree GIGS. I am so dispirited at the moment that even I would encourage him to go.

Why has everything gone so downhill since last July? I really don't get it. We look all over the place on the field - no structure at all

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No structure = no leader.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    No structure = no leader.
    I think it should be the other way around, no leader = no structure. Wykes is definitely not the man for Captain....!

And back on the subject of Ben McCalman, you couldn't blame the guy for deciding to head to the Waratahs on the way the Force have played since the first game in Sydney. (I hope he stays though)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    We are in furious agreement Scozzie, depends if you choose to put the symptom of cause first

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Good point......!

vCash
    Regardless of Wykes' form, and unlike most I thought he played reasonably ok last night, I thought McCalman the obvious choice of stand-in skipper. Man of few words and lead from the front type. I can only think there are qualities in one or both that us punters are not aware of.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Regardless of Wykes' form, and unlike most I thought he played reasonably ok last night, I thought McCalman the obvious choice of stand-in skipper. Man of few words and lead from the front type. I can only think there are qualities in one or both that us punters are not aware of.
    I believe that Wykes has been part of the leadership group for a long time and must command a lot of respect and regard amongst the players. This is all good but last night when the chips were down I was looking at Sam to give the players a bit of a rev up but I didn't see it, I also didn't see him in the refs ear about aspects of the Rebels play. He seems a bit too laid back and not much of a communicator,an attribute that a good captain needs. For the same reason I'm not sure Benny Mac would be all that effective in that regard. It's good for a captain to lead by example but he also needs to be able to have the players geed up and manipulate the ref by chatting with him.

I think Alby would be a natural Captain, I think he would have the gift of the gab and he would also be able to make quick decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I think Alby would be a natural Captain, I think he would have the gift of the gab and he would also be able to make quick decisions.
    I would normally agree with you, but based upon last night and the past couple of weeks, Alby doesn't deserve a spot, so wouldn't be a good captain.

Cummo might be an option, but I'm not normally a fan of wingers being captain, they need to run too far to yammer at the ref.

Chris Alcock looks like he might be a good stand in, he certainly seemed keen to fire the team up when the force had played the crowd out of the game, waving his arms like an idiot to get somebody interested again. I think we need to have a captain who isn't satisfied with the current level of performance, and we need players who aren't satisfied with the current level of performance, if Wykes doesn't admit that there is a crisis in the team this week, it is confirmation that he's not the man we want as captain.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    I thought Wykes was laid back as well.
    Until last night, when I could hear him dropping the f bombs, at the huddle after a rebels try, from the second tier in the southern stand. Pointing the finger as well.

But didn't seem to help in the first half.

vCash
    Heard on the radio this morning that Hodgo is urging the ARU not to let the Tahs lure Benny Mac. Must be lots of fire if Hodgo's weighing in! He's surely talking to the hand with the ARU though??!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Onya Hodgo!

Attachment 3732

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great article, sums up the position exactly as it is.

Good work, Hodgo keep the ARU on their toes and the effort you are making to keep a vital cog in the Force machine.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Andrewg, it sounds like he has been reading your posts about the level playing field, almost as far as to think he even knows you

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Andrewg, it sounds like he has been reading your posts about the level playing field, almost as far as to think he even knows you
    I'd be flattered and surprised if Hodgo read my posts. I think we fool ourselves..........

Seems we're both supporting the comments spoken by Mark Sinderberry last September - esp regarding the even playing field".
    Hodgo has spoken similar words, which was part of my research, when he was blogging and writing in the West.

It was telling that Mark talked about the draft system back then.

The DRAFT was referenced in the Oct 2013 CBA and the press announcements around that time but it has not been heard of since.

I'm encouraged that the Australian article makes mention that the CEO are talking right now and the possible draft is on the agenda.

The problem we have is that many young players are getting poached even before they make senior club rugby let alone Super XV Rugby.

Hence the importance of the NRC to show off emerging talent, linked with a draft system which makes more players available for emerging/developing teams such as the Force and Rebels.

Will also put pressure on Rugby WA to look after our local talent. I personally would be rapt to see more locals in the Force team but they first need to be up to standard. Very excited with the growing number in the XXIII. Rapt to see Kane Koteka getting a start - great potential.

Last edited by andrewg; 20-03-15 at 13:07.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast